BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland v Rovers

philipl

Mark Bunn starts tomorrow as Paul Robinson is out for 3 weeks. Taken from Paul Plunketts twitter

PaulPlunkettLT Paul Plunkett

Mark Bunn makes his Premier League debut for #Blackburn #Rovers tomorrow. Paul Robinson out for three weeks

Good for him if that's the case, I really rate this guy, I think we're lucky to have some good keepers on our books, but then again, it's been that way for many years at Rovers if you think about it, even when you put aside Big Brad and Loadsa Bottle Tim Flowers, we've had Filan, Given, Booby etc. (Fetis(h) and Enkleman aside)

:-)

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read that Kean will look to attack again, so expect Dunn and MGP in midfield again, Hoilett and EH Diouf on the wings. This is the team I expect to lineup, I dont agree with Dunn playing, but the rest I would be happy with.

Bunn

Emo Samba/Hanley Nelsen Ollson

Hoilett Dunn MGP EH Diouf

MB Diouf

Benjani

Just read that Kean will look to attack again, so expect Dunn and MGP in midfield again, Hoilett and EH Diouf on the wings. This is the team I expect to lineup, I dont agree with Dunn playing, but the rest I would be happy with.

Bunn

MB Diouf

Benjani

Its the best we can do with the injuries we have. No Givet?

Who will be our sub keeper tomorrow, I thought our young lads were out on loan.

Be nice to see Blackman at some stage.

Fielding is back, so he will be sub keeper.

In regards to Blackman, I think Motherwell were trying to extend the loan deal until the end of the season.

Its the best we can do with the injuries we have. No Givet?

I'd like to keep Ollson and EH Diouf on the left, as we got a lot of joy down the left flank against West Brom, Diouf was holding the ball up well, and Ollson was overlaping lots, not sure Givet can offer that in attack.

Anyone going to the game tomorrow, I'm seriously considering it, as not planning on a bigNever been to the stadium of light before, just wondering were the away fans normally drink before the game. I see tickets are available at the ground for 28 quid.

If we lose this match will Kean get hung, drawn and quartered again? I'm not sure if it's fair to judge him given the personnel we have out at the moment.

Good to hear about Sunderland having their own injury problems though, gives me some hope.

If we lose this match will Kean get hung, drawn and quartered again? I'm not sure if it's fair to judge him given the personnel we have out at the moment.

Good to hear about Sunderland having their own injury problems though, gives me some hope.

I hope not, like you say look at the injuries, and Sunderland are pretty good at home. I think he got a slating after the Stoke game as its a game people thought we should be winning, plus we were shocking against stoke, and Kean didnt use his subs. Nobody fancies get to much out of the game tomorrow, but I fancy us to take a point.

• Backroom

As I said, under Allardyce I'd expect a loss from this one so I wouldn't blame Kean for a loss here, especially with our injuries. Long as the lads give it a good go and we don't get a drubbing I won't be too disappointed.

ROBINSON

BUNN

EMERTON - NELSEN - HANLEY SAMBA - GIVET

E. DIOUF - PEDERSEN - LINGANZI - OLSSON

HOILETT

M. DIOUF

Excellent choice of personnel and formation, with what we have available. A few changes now:

Robbo now confirmed as being out for 3 weeks and Samba as 60/40 to make it. I'd expect to see Samba play if he was as close to making the WBA game as Kean says. I'd really like to see Linganzi get a game over Dunn, but I just can't see it happening. Granted, I've only seen him a few times but he didn't do much wrong and is (most importantly) a recognised central ball winning midfield player. Maybe three games in a week will be too much for Dunny and he'll be on the bench and Amine will get a chance.

Bunn

MB Diouf

Benjani

No offence, but if Sunderland created 30 chances against Blackpool, they'll create 100 chances against that midfield.

Excellent choice of personnel and formation, with what we have available. A few changes now:

Robbo now confirmed as being out for 3 weeks and Samba as 60/40 to make it. I'd expect to see Samba play if he was as close to making the WBA game as Kean says. I'd really like to see Linganzi get a game over Dunn, but I just can't see it happening. Granted, I've only seen him a few times but he didn't do much wrong and is (most importantly) a recognised central ball winning midfield player. Maybe three games in a week will be too much for Dunny and he'll be on the bench and Amine will get a chance.

I admit, I wasn't keen on playing Hanley against WBA, but the guy had a good game and I don't agree with tinkering too much with a winning defence, especially when we're already down to the bare bones. It all depends what Big Chris shows up and whether he's got his head screwed on straight.

It's terrible news that Robbo's out, when he's been our player of the year so far. However, Bunn's performance the other day was encouraging and I think we've got a decent deputy on our books.

For me, anything from this game will be a bonus. As long as Kean puts out the best possible side that's available and we give it a go, I'll be 'appy.

No offence, but if Sunderland created 30 chances against Blackpool, they'll create 100 chances against that midfield.

I admit, I wasn't keen on playing Hanley against WBA, but the guy had a good game and I don't agree with tinkering too much with a winning defence, especially when we're already down to the bare bones. It all depends what Big Chris shows up and whether he's got his head screwed on straight.

It's terrible news that Robbo's out, when he's been our player of the year so far. However, Bunn's performance the other day was encouraging and I think we've got a decent deputy on our books.

For me, anything from this game will be a bonus. As long as Kean puts out the best possible side that's available and we give it a go, I'll be 'appy.

I agree and I think I say I dont think Dunn should start, but I have a feeling he will. Like I said I had read Kean said with all the injuries, he is looking to attack again like against West Brom. Ive seen there chances against Blackpool, and to be fair Blackpool make quite a lot of shocking errors at the back on a number of times, if Samba and Nelsen play I dont expect them to make those sort of mistakes. Sunderland have a few key players out, and lets face it nobody is giving us a chance in this one, im all for us to go out and attack.

• Backroom

Interesting to see the reactions on here towards Kean either way, I doubt he will ever win some over but a heavy defeat would make a lot of people horget a great and deserved win at WBA.

I'm not too confident but would have been even less so under Sam as this was a nailed on loss IMO, at least I now feel we may go for it.

I'm just ready for the inevitable disappointment when I see Dunn's name on the teamsheet.

Archived