BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

I would take whatever SSN say with a very large shovelful of salt. They always start off their reports with 'Sky Sports News understands that.....' which roughly translated means 'Its a slow day so we sorta made this next bit up.....'

Accyrover

Yeah, I can see that!

I hope that this story is a made up story then. Not because RSC is the best signing, but I think he could be good for us..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting market...suggests we wont be spending big bucks on players like Adam or Ba.

Hills believe its all hype & are giving 10-1 if we spend over £5m on any player this January....

10-1 odds

I have a scary feelimg they might be right..

Infact i would'nt be surprised if we did not spend £5m total..

In the early '90s we had what it took to be at the top table. We most definitely do not this time. In fact the Ronaldinho bid is papering over a more or less complete breakdown in our club.

And if you read what Kean actually said, he did not have a good press conference.

Did Kean really bypass JW because they didn't discuss the transfer of Ronaldinho? What was there to discuss? Ronaldinho is a special project on the side, a target Kean himself probably didn't choose but was let know that the new owners was looking to bring in. I don't see the big drama i that.

That said I do hope that JW doesn't end up doing futile work and getting bypassed, as he has been a tremendous chairman for a number of years. Hopefully it's not only his love for Blackburn Rovers that is keeping him from resigning, but a belief that the storm will soon blow over and that we're heading for new and exciting times.

The top 5 stories on the BBC gossip page all relate to our club….how unusual, especially when City are about to spend £27m on 1 striker. Guess the publicity drive must be working then.

Anyone seen the interview this morning on SSN?? What was said in that one?

Three stories are ostensibly about who is not coming to Ewood, one story is about Samba and only one- the Mail- is about players arriving (RSC and Duff). And Fulham are reported as not willing to sell.

Plenty of names which have appeared on this MB are linked to other clubs, however.

I have not seen the Bilaji interview and I am not going to type down the expletives used by the people who have. Very odd that SSN are not using it, yet.

I'm not even going to reply to some of the mopes on here and elsewhere...stick to small updates on the targets previously mentioned and ongoing.

ROQUE...wants to come to Rovers...Rovers chairman John Williams is in talks...the Lazio stuff is either a bogus quote or an attempt to hurry up Rovers into sorting out terms...not a good idea to take him in my book, but there we go.

BA...making problems at Hoffenheim but the fee is £7 million...Rovers have an interest but not at that price...and the player declaring to various agents that he wanted to go to West Ham for 'personal reasons' and now changing his mind has me screaming 'avoid.'

ADAM...is Blackpool's skipper and [for me] best player...a proper bid would have a chance of getting him...but it will take a lot of effort all round to knock it off...time to get started on that now.

DUFF...Fulham don't want to sell...I don't see that changing in a hurry.

SAMBA...a situation that has to be watched closely...several of the people he is working with are now getting quite excited about the chance of a move...again, the price or deal has to be right.

If Venky's want to really "upgrade" our team, here are a few top players that could be transfered or loaned this January:

Sergio Canales and Mahamadou Diarra, midfielders from Real Madrid

Gabriel Milito, Jonathan dos Santos from Barcelona

Carlos Vela, Arsenal

Simon Vukcevic, Sporting Lisbon

Cristian Rodriguez, FC Porto

ADAM...is Blackpool's skipper and [for me] best player...a proper bid would have a chance of getting him...but it will take a lot of effort all round to knock it off...time to get started on that now.

Nicko, any idea if Blackpool would accept some players to lower the price like Andrews, Grella, Chimbonda, for example?

If we traded those 3 for Adam, I bet we would pay less £1 million or so (that's their combined value :lol: )

SAMBA...a situation that has to be watched closely...several of the people he is working with are now getting quite excited about the chance of a move...again, the price or deal has to be right.

Do you think there is any chance of player swap deal involving Samba ?

Are there any "big" clubs after him ?

Just that they won't let him go cheaply.

Yes--they bought him for 500000, were thinking in terms of 3M round about when that court case was on and since the Rao's have been talking 13.2M for Ron they've apparently upped it to 6M.

Good business that--the sort of thing we used to do!

Nicko, any idea if Blackpool would accept some players to lower the price like Andrews, Grella, Chimbonda, for example?

If we traded those 3 for Adam, I bet we would pay less £1 million or so (that's their combined value :lol: )

They would have to take a pay cut to move there, or we would have to pay part of the wages, even Andrews.

Nicko have you heard anything regarding our interest in Juraj Kucka from Sparta Prague? + striker Bonny Wilifried.

Juraj Kucka is due to join Genoa.Wilifried interesting clubs from Germany.

Sky Sports says we and West Ham are chasing Gabriel Milito.

He's been offered about all over the show.Genoa keen again for replacing Andrea Ranocchia who joined Inter.

Lazio & City could not agree on a fee for the Summer.Lazio wanted Federico Macheda and now after Floro Flores.

I'm not even going to reply to some of the mopes on here and elsewhere...stick to small updates on the targets previously mentioned and ongoing.

ROQUE...wants to come to Rovers...Rovers chairman John Williams is in talks...the Lazio stuff is either a bogus quote or an attempt to hurry up Rovers into sorting out terms...not a good idea to take him in my book, but there we go.

BA...making problems at Hoffenheim but the fee is £7 million...Rovers have an interest but not at that price...and the player declaring to various agents that he wanted to go to West Ham for 'personal reasons' and now changing his mind has me screaming 'avoid.'

DUFF...Fulham don't want to sell...I don't see that changing in a hurry.

On the basis of that, we'd lose Samba and gain Roque (perhaps) and Adam (perhaps). I'd definitely be moping in that case!

Cmn Nicko you must know more than this. Any truth in the Warnock rumour (Stephen I mean)?

Nicko has mentioned in his posts that Blackpool will be difficult to deal with over the transfer of Adam, anyone any idea as to why? just because they dont want him to leave?

He said there was no fee based release clause in his contract. Personally if I was in charge I wouldn't even consider paying transfer fees other than minimum ones for players coming out of contract in the summer. It's just a waste of money.

Guest Walshy

So what? I can see no hunger in RSC.

I cant see anyone with hunger warming the bench at City no getting a sniff of a game even though he is fit

My hunch based on nowt really would be that he is London bound.

Archived