BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko have you heard anything regarding our interest in Juraj Kucka from Sparta Prague? I know Sunderland and Rovers were watching him last month against Moscow, aswell as some Italian and German clubs. I also read a piece in a czech newspaper at the weekend that an English club was sniffing around Sparta striker Bonny Wilifried. I used to think he was rubbish but he seems to have come into his own this season and his performances in the Europa League have gone some way to making me think he could do it in a better league.

Does anybody else think a considerable amount of press has the boot in for us at the moment? Everything is coming across with a negative slant. I know the Venky's have done odd things, apart from sacking Sam which was completely bonkers imo, but to have this much bad press almost seems like they deliberately want to keep us where we are.

(according to Kean) we await this press conference to show off our signings ahead of the weekend.

Are we that close to getting someone in.? perhaps RSC..?

Does anybody else think a considerable amount of press has the boot in for us at the moment? Everything is coming across with a negative slant. I know the Venky's have done odd things, apart from sacking Sam which was completely bonkers imo, but to have this much bad press almost seems like they deliberately want to keep us where we are.

honestly, venky´s have put themselves in this situation. It´s not the media WANTING to, its the rao familiy serving it and on a silverplate. They were not and still are not, able to handle the machine, that is known as the premier league.

It's like the mid 90s all over again. They can't bare the thought of us competing at the top table again.

Going back to transfers I don't the need to rush through everything as fast as some on here would like. It would be nice to have them in this week but it's another 10 days until our next (after tonights game) league game at Stamford Bridge, so we have some room to manoueuvre here. What better way to show of our new squad than by crushing "the Champions" in their own backyard :tu:

Yes I think we are an easy target at the moment.

There have been some positive press in todays LT and from nicko but the media and most fans are ignoring it and focusing on all the negatives.

As Rovers fans we are taking a kicking as well from other fans but I am just taking it all and keeping quiet and hoping I can throw it back at them when we sign players and climb up the league.

The sooner we sign some players the better.

It's just the way it is. The media hated us previously for our rough and tumble style (under Hughes and Sam), the owners sack the proponent of this and then we still get criticised.

We were also criticised for sacking Ince, and for winning the Premier league, and for daring to win the league cup (I distinctly remember talksport going mental about that victory).

The only constants are BRFC and criticism.

In the early '90s we had what it took to be at the top table. We most definitely do not this time. In fact the Ronaldinho bid is papering over a more or less complete breakdown in our club.

And if you read what Kean actually said, he did not have a good press conference.

The top 5 stories on the BBC gossip page all relate to our club….how unusual, especially when City are about to spend £27m on 1 striker. Guess the publicity drive must be working then.

Anyone seen the interview this morning on SSN?? What was said in that one?

It's just the way it is. The media hated us previously for our rough and tumble style (under Hughes and Sam), the owners sack the proponent of this and then we still get criticised.

We were also criticised for sacking Ince, and for winning the Premier league, and for daring to win the league cup (I distinctly remember talksport going mental about that victory).

The only constants are BRFC and criticism.

The media talks a good game about other clubs breaking the stranglehold of the 'big' outfits, however only select clubs- ie Tottenham are actually worthy to do this in their eyes.

Clubs like ourselves are allowed to be 'plucky' for a set period, then we are to be patronised and belittled constantly. We will NEVER be forgiven for the mid 90s.

Sidwell is mulling over a move to West Ham. I still think he could do a job for us. We need a down to earth basic tackling midfielder. It's all well and good looking at the creative players but we still need someone to tackle and put a boot in.

He could be the man to do the job if the price is right.

Sky Sports also says that RSC claims he is in talk with Lazio again...

I would take whatever SSN say with a very large shovelful of salt. They always start off their reports with 'Sky Sports News understands that.....' which roughly translated means 'Its a slow day so we sorta made this next bit up.....'

Accyrover

Sidwell is mulling over a move to West Ham. I still think he could do a job for us. We need a down to earth basic tackling midfielder. It's all well and good looking at the creative players but we still need someone to tackle and put a boot in.

He could be the man to do the job if the price is right.

I think Sidwell would walk straight into our side, looking at our midfield it wouldn't be hard.

Archived