BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

I can't take this in...Rovers put a £20 million-ish contract offer to a top player and people are still going around with faces like Colin Montgomerie's on a bad day.

Nor me... It's got to be seen as a positive thing for the club, us fans and the Venky's themselves. Getting a player of the stature of Ronaldinho or Beckham is a money spinner, it puts us on the map big style (worldwide I mean) and puts the Venky's intents clearly in focus.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because its not all about league standing with the new owners. Its about PR and name recognition also, that name being Venkys not Rovers. Ronaldinho will sell a lot of shirts in markets Venkys wants to penetrate and Robbie Kean and David Bentley are unknowns. Like it or not, Rovers is a marketing tool for Venkys.

Plus the fact that Robbie is the wrong side of 30, would probably want about 80k pw and has failed at his last two clubs.

No thanks

Steve Kean stated it categorically in his first presser after the India trip. I am pretty sure I wrote it and it was mentioned in the paper. If it was ignored elsewhere you have to ask THEM why that was not mentioned.

I believe - and have said before - that the total in this window will depend on the need. That need increased when players started falling over. That need will increase even more if there is a run of bad results.

That is football.

Weird? No. New? Yes.

Or would you rather have NO cash under the Trustees and a justifiable lemming-like rush for the cliffs?

It will be easier to answer that on February 1 after our transfers and results have been analyzed. Something you said is the best course of action.

People are jumping from one argument to the next. From Ronaldinho never signing for us and it being a simple publicity stunt, to Venky's being skint and only giving us £5m for the transfer window.

I personally view Venky's ambition as being a healthy change from what has gone before. Their PR is a shambles and they fired Allardyce about 5 months too soon, but they're putting money where their mouth is. The percieved damage that they have done so far could easily be washed away with several decent signings.

Roque on loan - Stays fit and we have a decent striker. Worth a pop on loan.

Adams - On yesterday's evidence he's a cut above what we have and is someone we've been screaming out for ever since Bentley left - ie a creative spark

Ronaldinho - A massive bonus. No one expects him to come but to hear the amount of effort Venky's have put in does illustrate that they're really trying for something big here. Credit to them.

It will be easier to answer that on February 1 after our transfers and results have been analyzed. Something you said is the best course of action.

This window is huge for all concerned.

I have said all along to judge all concerned then.

But the subtle difference is to have an open mind about what is happening just now.

And not a head full of daft theories - as is the case with some.

I would also remind you that the last three managers, Big Sam, Wee Paul and Hunky Mark ALL said at one point or another that money was short for signings.

All I hear from Steve Kean is positive enthusiasm.

Am I missing something?

But the subtle difference is to have an open mind about what is happening just now.

I would also remind you that the last three managers, Big Sam, Wee Paul and Hunky Mark ALL said at one point or another that money was short for signings.

Am I missing something?

Only that you're not a dour Lancastrian with a memory of broken promises and failed bids. Or with a penchant for looking at the dark side of the moon...;)

Am I missing something?

Hunky Mark? Careful Nicko, Coyle will get jealous!!

£5 million or not £5 million, I don't believe any particular figure.

Predicated on the the observation that Venkys/Kentaro/whoever is supposed to be in charge /(guffaw) have yet to achieve the remarkable feat of making two consecutive statements about anything at all which don't contradict each other, as far as I can see.

Not everyone is as excitable about the brave new future or appearing to have been born yesterday as some on here.

Does anyone think there is any chance that Venkys will get bored quickly and sell the club and move on ?

*crosses fingers*

£5 million or not £5 million, I don't believe any particular figure.

Predicated on the the observation that Venkys/Kentaro/whoever is supposed to be in charge /(guffaw) have yet to achieve the remarkable feat of making two consecutive statements about anything at all which don't contradict each other, as far as I can see.

Not everyone is as excitable about the brave new future or appearing to have been born yesterday as some on here.

Does anyone think there is any chance that Venkys will get bored quickly and sell the club and move on ?

*crosses fingers*

Yes I do

Robbie Keane & David Bentley added to the list of players we want......SSN

Straight swap for Samba anyone???

Charlie Adam has a dispute with Blackpool - settled or not, a serious offer and he would more than likely want to take it. £3m should do it from what I hear - you agree nicko ;)

Are you actually that dumb?

Calm down son. Majiball is only having a laugh. He's been here much longer than you have and has contributed a lot more than you have.

Nicko, with Santa Cruz coming soon, I'm presuming Roberts will have to be shipped out? We'll end up with 5 strikers at the club. Someone I am sure will leave.

Give it a rest will you.

Are you actually that dumb?

I have a degree in dumbness thanks very much, 1st class :P . Born without a funny bone I take it?

What's wrong with requiring clarity?

He's clearly written 5M for the next 3 windows so that's 1.3M per window. If it's 5M for each of the next 3 windows then that's different.

Worried about some of the suggested targets. Don't want Warnock back, and no thank you to Robbie Keane. Would prefer not to see Roque talked about either.

You want something else than just the talking mum ? ;)

I see that Samba are being linked with Lyon. Would be much happier to see Samba go abroad if he was sold.

Archived