BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£4m and it's a no brainer, but I somehow doubt that figure is correct.

Someone needs to ask Venky's press officer do they have a twitter account & which ones are real or fake.

Seems they don't know when we play either, as 20 mins ago they said they hope to announce the borrowing of santa cruz tomorrow, before the liverpool meeting????

Someone needs to ask Venky's press officer do they have a twitter account & which ones are real or fake.

Talk of press officers. I heard that Steve Kean has admitted that there is a comunication problem between the venky's / club / media etc and he is trying to get venky's to do things through Agnew. Why him and not John Williams. Kean went off to india not so long ago, was that with JW's permission / blessing.

All I hear from Steve Kean is positive enthusiasm.

Am I missing something?

Yes you are! I think you'd probably agree the following but perhaps because of your employment can't do so publicly. I don't have a problem with that but keep in mind your job is to write stories which will sell newspapers. My only concern is my football club. So here is what I feel you are missing, and this is a general discussion which should be elsewhere:

1. Venky's have contradicted themselves at every stage and it could even be argued misled the support, trust and Rothschild
  2. If we have £20m plus for Ronaldhino (he probably would have cost double in reality) why not put that money into building a complete team and not one man, who probably would prefer to be in Brazil
  3. The players we are being linked with are questionable - Duff, RSC, Warnock, Bentley for example - why do we want to bring back players who left us because they thought they could do better elsewhere? They've walked away once because they believed they were bigger than BRFC suddenly we're good enough for them? In my view most players who return to previous clubs are a disappointment. There are notable exceptions, Colin Hendry for example and great examples of disappointments - Dunny
  4. Charlie Adam - excellent. No problem with that one
  5. In general WTF is going on at Ewood?
  6. JW / TF our two most senior and trusted employees appear to be being sidelined
  7. Our owners know nothing about football and are only interested in self-publicity
  8. What is the role of Kentaro?
  9. If it all goes wrong who is going to pay?

I realise you probably categorise me as a moaner. Please appreciate I am not trying to criticise you, but ultimately you are a journalist who is employed to help sell papers. If supporting Venkys / Kentaro / Kean in The Mirror helps you gain their trust you may be rewarded with exclusives etc. etc. That's fine, it's how the world works but please give me some credit for appreciating a journalist may not be able to express his personal views on any given subject. You don't have to answer that.

So the above is what I think you are missing, or perhaps chose to ignore. It's about more than a lot of excitment during the transfer window. (I shall be delighted if we get players and start playing) It's all about our football club in which I have a deep emotional investment. It's about how am I going to explain to my lad, who has learning difficulties, why we are no longer in the PL, because he'd be devastated and simply would not understand. OTH he'd be delighted if Beckham came to Ewood.

This is about so much more than a big name signing. You support a small team, I forget which and should understand all of this. Sorry if it makes no sense but it is the bottom line for many of us.

Seems they don't know when we play either, as 20 mins ago they said they hope to announce the borrowing of santa cruz tomorrow, before the liverpool meeting????

My Twitter had that statement on Monday!

Btw Follow me...Glenking2000 (be warned i dont make stories up so dont be disappointed)

In my view most players who return to previous clubs are a disappointment. There are notable exceptions, Colin Hendry for example and great examples of disappointments - Dunny.

Excellent post in the main but woah! Dunny a disappointment? Up till this season he's been brilliant when he's played.

Yes you are! I think you'd probably agree the following but perhaps because of your employment can't do so publicly. I don't have a problem with that but keep in mind your job is to write stories which will sell newspapers. My only concern is my football club. So here is what I feel you are missing, and this is a general discussion which should be elsewhere:

1. Venky's have contradicted themselves at every stage and it could even be argued misled the support, trust and Rothschild
  2. If we have £20m plus for Ronaldhino (he probably would have cost double in reality) why not put that money into building a complete team and not one man, who probably would prefer to be in Brazil
  3. The players we are being linked with are questionable - Duff, RSC, Warnock, Bentley for example - why do we want to bring back players who left us because they thought they could do better elsewhere? They've walked away once because they believed they were bigger than BRFC suddenly we're good enough for them? In my view most players who return to previous clubs are a disappointment. There are notable exceptions, Colin Hendry for example and great examples of disappointments - Dunny
  6. JW / TF our two most senior and trusted employees appear to be being sidelined
  7. Our owners know nothing about football and are only interested in self-publicity

I realise you probably categorise me as a moaner. Please appreciate I am not trying to criticise you, but ultimately you are a journalist who is employed to help sell papers. If supporting Venkys / Kentaro / Kean in The Mirror helps you gain their trust you may be rewarded with exclusives etc. etc. That's fine, it's how the world works but please give me some credit for appreciating a journalist may not be able to express his personal views on any given subject. You don't have to answer that.

So the above is what I think you are missing, or perhaps chose to ignore. It's about more than a lot of excitment during the transfer window. (I shall be delighted if we get players and start playing) It's all about our football club in which I have a deep emotional investment. It's about how am I going to explain to my lad, who has learning difficulties, why we are no longer in the PL, because he'd be devastated and simply would not understand. OTH he'd be delighted if Beckham came to Ewood.

This is about so much more than a big name signing. You support a small team, I forget which and should understand all of this. Sorry if it makes no sense but it is the bottom line for many of us.

What a great post and I sincerely hope your son continues to enjoy Premiership Football at Ewood, though like you, I am a bit worried, no a lot worried!

Excellent post in the main but woah! Dunny a disappointment? Up till this season he's been brilliant when he's played.

Dunny has been terrible for the past few games. He needs to step his game up quick to show he can still hack it in the PL. Or else it's Accrington Stanley time.

I hope his legs haven't permanently gone, but I think that's what a lot of us fear.

Wait until February 1st to pass judgement. Whatever damage Venky's may have done so far, their actions over the next 2/3 weeks will speak far louder than anything else. We ALL have concerns and nobody is ignoring them or sidelining them, however, clearly there are intentions to bring decent players to the club and if those players arrive this month then Venky's will have delivered what they were here to deliver - cash and transfers.

People are getting too caught up with Ronaldinho. He was always a BONUS. The most important activity will be regarding Kean's targets and bringing in proven premiership players.

Venky's asked to be given a chance. Their PR needs a lot of work and Allardyce went too soon, but they're clearly attempting to put money into the club which is far more important. They have 3 and a half weeks to get the fans on board, lets see how they do. So far, their ambition impresses me, but concrete signings are now imperative.

Think there are some misconceptions regarding Damian Duff....at no point did he state he wanted to leave for bigger and better things as Paul has implied above...in fact, after we were relegated he easily could have looked for a move but instead pleadged his future to Rovers and was an instrumental force in bringing us back up...even when Chelsea made a move for him he didn't make a peep and only moved when the release clause was met....he has even said it wasn't his choice and was instead the club's decision...and for those slating him now, he has done ten times more for this club than the likes of Santa Cruz, Bentley and the other want aways....and for those who think he is past it, watch what he brings to Fulham and compare that to the wing play we have had this year....I don't just want him back because he is my favorite, but because of what he would bring to the club and the fondness he still has for Rovers

Think there are some misconceptions regarding Damian Duff....at no point did he state he wanted to leave for bigger and better things as Paul has implied above...in fact, after we were relegated he easily could have looked for a move but instead pleadged his future to Rovers and was an instrumental force in bringing us back up...even when Chelsea made a move for him he didn't make a peep and only moved when the release clause was met....he has even said it wasn't his choice and was instead the club's decision...and for those slating him now, he has done ten times more for this club than the likes of Santa Cruz, Bentley and the other want aways....and for those who think he is past it, watch what he brings to Fulham and compare that to the wing play we have had this year....I don't just want him back because he is my favorite, but because of what he would bring to the club and the fondness he still has for Rovers

Couldn't agree more. Duff was a fantastic servant to Rovers and I was proud as punch when he scored for Chelsea at the Nou Camp (although I seem to remember it was a flukey goal). I'll also never forget THAT goal away at Birmingham in our promotion season.

He'd be a great signing for us however I would like us to sign a central midfielder before him as that is the area where we really struggle.

I don't post often but enjoy reading everyone's contributions. My view is that Venky's have little money and signing someone like Ronaldinho/Beckham will never happen. They are just doing this for PR reasons, perhaps for Rovers but more likely for their own business.

By all accounts yes. That's why it was being handled by Venky's and is separate from the Kean/JW list.

Do you know different?

Unfortunately football clubs don't see the 2 as seperate and they are going to make sure they get every last penny and more out of us for players. That's it now, they have made a rod for their and our backs.

My bad when I logged on it said it had only appeared "10 seconds ago via iPhone"

Haha, easily done.

'Marquee' players who never will come,contradictive statements left,right and centre,fake Twitter pages......WHAT A F'KIN FARCE!!

Will someone in the name of dear God tell these people to get the PR sorted out.When we didn't have a pot to p1ss in during the 80's our business was conducted with more respect and decorum than this shambles.

The red top rags are having a field day at our expense. <_<

If supporting Venkys / Kentaro / Kean in The Mirror helps you gain their trust you may be rewarded with exclusives etc. etc. That's fine, it's how the world works but please give me some credit for appreciating a journalist may not be able to express his personal views on any given subject. You don't have to answer that.

Supporting Venkys? I think I pointed out all the way through that their info was confusing. Perhaps you were snoozing when I broke the Maradona story that was confirmed/sort of admitted/then denied. Was that 'supporting'? Or telling the truth?

Supporting Kentaro? By breaking the fact they are in tow with Venky's. And standing by that despite denials. Or breaking the fact that Steve Kean was a Kentaro client? Was that 'supporting' or getting yet another story right?

Supporting Steve Kean? I like the cut of the guy's gib. He speaks well. He is the biggest asset of the new regime. Do I like the Roque move? No, not at all. Is that 'supporting' or telling the truth?

Dying to hear your answers.

I have got a game to go to, so you have a few hours to compose.

Just heard on SSN that Aston Villa have made a enquiry for Samba and if a deal can be reached Rovers are interested in Curtis Davies in exchange..

throw in Ireland and it might be tempting.....

'Marquee' players who never will come,contradictive statements left,right and centre,fake Twitter pages......WHAT A F'KIN FARCE!!

Total farce and it's amusing how many people are getting taken in by it all. Step back, breathe in, then out, and look at everything from Venkys first press conference until now. It's clear....there will be no superstar signings, Venkys would never have spent that money on Ronaldinho....money they probably didn't have to spend in the first place. It's all a sick ploy to drag their name through the papers and christ is it working. We're being used and silence from JW says it all for me. Not long until he leaves. Kean....absolute joke and a client of idiot Anderson, he will do everything the owners tell him although he must feel a complete idiot and surely has no respect from people within the game.

I don't want to moan but I think we're being taken for a ride. Paul hit the nail on the head earlier. I appreciate what nicko does on here but all this rubbish is exactly what he wants to see, that's his job! When Venkys came in I thought it would be a stable 15 year plan with security, and building slowly etc How wrong we were. Every time I see that womans face I want to punch a wall.

Archived