BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watch enough, I see a striker that struggles when he has no service (who doesn't, i remember watching sutton suffer with his back to goal at chelsea), scoring 15 goals midway through a championship season that may be available cheaply (as i have a horrid fear thats the sort of transfer we will get) as he is out of contract and would fit in with the wage structure...

Obviously with your eyes shut - jay bothroyd is turd

Barcelona defender Gaby Milito could be heading for Blackburn.

Top 10 things you need to know about West Ham and Blackburn target Gabriel Milito

The Argentinian centre-back, 30, has been offered around the Premier League as he looks to tie up a loan deal to help his fitness after losing a regular place at the Nou Camp.

Ambitious Blackburn have been sounded out, along with West Ham.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Barcelonas-Argentina-international-defender-Gaby-Milito-could-be-heading-for-Blackburn-or-West-Ham-on-loan-article664943.html#ixzz1ACoJaD9l

I cannot understand why on earth Samba would join Villa.

Likely to qualify for Europe are they?

higher wage structure and more money, simple as that.

He has not had a big money move in his career yet and is obviously pushing for one now.

If Samba's convinced he wants to go and we get cash plus Collins that's acceptable. If Villa decide they don't want to give up Collins that's even better.

I find it strange that he was still captain tonight, maybe the quotes from teh last couple of days are old ones ? just odd, he looked pumped up and proud to be captain tonight did King Kong !

Samba for James Collins? this would be criminal. i would rather not sell, or straight cash deal. Samba was very good tonight, so hard to understand this move.

Samba for Collins ??? That's crazy, Villa are having a laugh. As for the joker who suggested Bothroyd---- I'd rather have Ashley Ward back, at least he tried !

Samba for Collins is a terrible deal.

You can have all the money in the world, but far too often premier league clubs, like clubs in any sport, waste it by signing mediocre players who have been knocking around for a bit. If we finally have a window with money and waste it on the likes of RSC and Collins it will be simply criminal.

Our captain.

Sideways move.

Villa again.

Why? And he's only rated at £8 million? We shouldn't sell for less than £10m, we're not in a situation where we have to. Nicko mentioned that Samba has been angling for a move since the beginning of the season for his own personal reasons - anyone know exactly why? Would think if he was unhappy with the area he'd do a Sebastien Perez and move back to France.

I didnt actually suggest jay bothroyd to come back if you read.... i was interested in the reaction as we as a club seem to be linked with every ex player returning and he qualifies, as a top goal scorer in his division i thought it worth a mention rather than over age, over paid former rovers i had seen being touted.

Barcelona defender Gaby Milito could be heading for Blackburn.

Top 10 things you need to know about West Ham and Blackburn target Gabriel Milito

The Argentinian centre-back, 30, has been offered around the Premier League as he looks to tie up a loan deal to help his fitness after losing a regular place at the Nou Camp.

Ambitious Blackburn have been sounded out, along with West Ham.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Barcelonas-Argentina-international-defender-Gaby-Milito-could-be-heading-for-Blackburn-or-West-Ham-on-loan-article664943.html#ixzz1ACoJaD9l

I know we want a marquee signing but Mick Hucknall?!?! ;)

Message for Christian Samba...

Warnock / Friedel / bentley / oneill / roque...

All down hill after rovers... We are potentially on the verge of something big and he wants go to to Villa who are on a serious downward spiral?!

I'd be gutted if we lost him and think it would cost us £15m to replace him!

Surely we can compete with the likes of villa now in terms of wages?

I know the ronaldinho wages were part of venkys 'special project', but securing the club captain with a new contract would cost nothing like the ronaldinho contract yet would appease the fans (to a degree), and show we are able to fend off interest from clubs with similar ambitions to the ones the new owners have for us.

If the samba situation is simply monetary, it's strange that we can't easily fix it when we are being given the impression that we are one of the most affluent clubs around at the moment

I see a fair bit of Villa (live in Birmingham - blame the wife) and had the misfortune to be at their game tonight.

Collins was quite good last year - dominant, strong and read the game well. This season he has been the complete opposite - he suddenly thinks he is Beckenbauer, and he seems intent on letting every single ball bounce and then allow the striker to get goal-side of him (happened 3 times tonight in about 10 minutes with Bent and Welbeck, who are hardly bruisers themselves).

We really should avoid - Villa will be laughing themselves silly.

Archived