BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

How funny will it be if Samba goes to Villa & they get relegated... I know its not probable but it would be hilarious!!!

Samba was amazing tonight tho... although that striker he was marking was a disgrace... is his name Torres, that can't be the same one that cost £20m, what a gimp!!! :blink:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selling players who repeatedly ask via the media to leave doesn't make you a selling club, it happens to everyone - even Man Utd, Chelsea, City and Barcelona.

Sounds more like looking for an increase in pay to me.

If rovers sell any of their best players, the accusation of Venky's has to be that they continue to make Rovers a selling club.

Sounds more like looking for an increase in pay to me.

If rovers sell any of their best players, the accusation of Venky's has to be that they continue to make Rovers a selling club.

I agree. If it's your agenda to blame them for anything and everything.

Players decide they want to leave clubs all the time. He might just want a change of scenery.

Samba may have burnt his bridges at Rovers with his comments recently and a unhappy player can be like a disease in the dressing room after a while.

IF we can get good money and maybe replace him, we already have Nelsen, Givet and Jones at the club plus the promising Hanley so we might not need another body in that position, I won't be too concerned.

The above only remains so if we strengthen the midfield and attack and possibly a left back.

JAL, it has been stated that we don't have to sell but if a player wants to leave it will be considered, seems fair enough, just hope Samba decides he is better off here than at Villa.

It still makes Venky's Rovers a selling club without doubt.

IF, Venky's supposedly have ambition then lets see it by securing Samba on a longer contract rather than the nonsense regarding Ronaldinho.

I don't want any Villa defenders they are all awful :angry2:

Agreed !

Also, for all the people claiming Allardyces tactics were the only way of avoiding the drop, tonight proved you wrong. That was a throw back to the Hughes years. Pressing and counter attack football at its best. Being hard to beat isn't all about lumping it forward and winning more headers than your opposition.

My thoughts exactly during the whole Allardyce era, however this is only 1 game and I am tring to keep a lid on my optimism just in case. ;)

i just simply cannot understand WHY samba would go to villa

if he wants to leave fine, go, but at least go to a decent club going places. villa are only going in one direction, and that is downwards. It pains me to say it, but i would totally understand if he went to spurs or somewhere like that

if its about money for gods sake rovers just offer him whatever he wants. it will be much more worthwhile than 3m + collins (who is a decent player, but is still nothing on samba)

Samba is immense - you saw that tonight.

£8m - do us all a favour; how much did Rio F. cost ?

First wise move Venkys can make is to give Samba a new deal tomorrow.

Hope we don't want RSC or Duff - retrograde steps that will suppress the development of our up & coming. Strikers, we have Niko, MB Diouf with back-up from Benjani, Roberts and, don't forget, Blackman who's scoring for fun in the SPL.

Two quality midfielders will do - give me O'Hara & Adam.

james collins aint that bad - are some people forgetting last season him and richard dunne were a rock for aston villa ...okay this season they aint as strong but neither of there players are actually standing out at the minute - saying that tho id be very gutted to lose chris samba ..but if you dont want to play for the club you know where the door is

My thoughts exactly during the whole Allardyce era, however this is only 1 game and I am tring to keep a lid on my optimism just in case. ;)

Very wise! I'm not saying we're out of the woods yet. But i don't think we should ever forget football is about entertainment.

Also, for all the people claiming Allardyces tactics were the only way of avoiding the drop, tonight proved you wrong. That was a throw back to the Hughes years. Pressing and counter attack football at its best. Being hard to beat isn't all about lumping it forward and winning more headers than your opposition.

Sorry but that's total rubbish.

I think Steve Kean did brilliantly today as did everyone. I also don't think we'd have seen a similar performance under Sam.

But we judge Kean and make comments about style etc as a whole over at least half a season and probably more than this.

Yes people had been less than complimentary about Kean before he even took charge - but that's to be expected when you have someone who had zero pedigree in management.

But he's had two excellent games and pointswise thanks to those wins (and the very good efforts of Sam beforehand) we're only 12 points from the 40 point mark.

If he proves this is more than just a honeymoon period and achieves sustained success with this brand of football then, and only then, will that theory be proved wrong. And even then it still wouldn't dampen the fact he did a great job when he was here.

In my opinion Samba when his mind is on it (which it seemed to be tonight) is the best centre half in the PL.

At one point tonight he made a point of running over to hug Steve Kean.

Whatever has, or hasn't happened, or has or hasn't been said, I very much hope he stays.

You only happen across really great players relatively rarely.

It would be interesting to consider if the Rao's have another marquee signing (not Beckham, no chance) up their sleeves. The idea, in of itself, to get a player in that excites the fans, has a bit of razzle dazzle, raise our profile outside the UK and naturally by extension do it's bit for the Venky's brand is not a bad one IMO.

WIth the usual proviso it doesn't interfere or come out of the budget for "proper" signings, as it were.

I'm just struggling to think of alternatives? At least realistic ones. Best I could come up with is Raul, which is a bit weak really but probably achievable with a big wad of cash.

Or Thierry Henry, if he's still playing in the States? Again, not as stellar either.

I agree. If it's your agenda to blame them for anything and everything.

Players decide they want to leave clubs all the time. He might just want a change of scenery.

You've got to put pressure on these guys as they continue to allow the best players to leave. Forget the story line, money talks along with a commitment to wanting that player or then again simply cash him in. Venky's will be found out if they do !

Obviously if Venkys need to raise some cash, then you begin to understand why they would want to cash in on one of our better players.

james collins aint that bad - are some people forgetting last season him and richard dunne were a rock for aston villa ...okay this season they aint as strong but neither of there players are actually standing out at the minute - saying that tho id be very gutted to lose chris samba ..but if you dont want to play for the club you know where the door is

Mozzer, you are right. Collins is fine if he is given specific institutions, namely "win the effin ball"! He can be what Nelsen was 4 or 5 years ago. Let Jonesy be the brains back there.

As a Villa fan, I can see why people are scratching their heads about Samba joining us, and frankly, I can see your points. On the other hand, I don't get the impression he's leaving as a mark of ambition, I think he just hates Venkys. Villa are definitely on the slide, we've got some serious problems there, I think a lot is happening that I'm not hearing about, but I still see us as a reasonably ambitious side, we've just stopped spending for a bit. Might be kidding myself, but we'll see. Great result for you lot tonight, poor old Roy.

Can I put forward an argument for possibly keeping the powder dry this window?

Before Ewood Park got turned upside down we were most likely looking at a mid table finish, and despite some worries it seems that even if we turn in a few West Ham and Stoke-esque performances we should manage enough wins to keep us up, since we're on 28 points already.

Venky's aren't rich like City and although I'd welcome Adam and wouldve loved Ronaldinho, none of the other names excite me whatsoever and I wouldnt want to waste money on them.

Deals are much better in summer. Get Adam if we can as long as the price is half decent, and then wait till summer IMO...especially since we'll have players returning to the side too.

Sorry but that's total rubbish.

I think Steve Kean did brilliantly today as did everyone. I also don't think we'd have seen a similar performance under Sam.

But we judge Kean and make comments about style etc as a whole over at least half a season and probably more than this.

Yes people had been less than complimentary about Kean before he even took charge - but that's to be expected when you have someone who had zero pedigree in management.

But he's had two excellent games and pointswise thanks to those .

You really are an abrasive little man. I didn't say Kean was the finished article nor did i say his style had been on the whole better than Sam's. However, tonight, with two pressing wingers and 3 goals from open play, proves a happy medium is possible.

As a Villa fan, I can see why people are scratching their heads about Samba joining us, and frankly, I can see your points. On the other hand, I don't get the impression he's leaving as a mark of ambition, I think he just hates Venkys. Villa are definitely on the slide, we've got some serious problems there, I think a lot is happening that I'm not hearing about, but I still see us as a reasonably ambitious side, we've just stopped spending for a bit. Might be kidding myself, but we'll see. Great result for you lot tonight, poor old Roy.

Just because him, Big Chris Samba, hasn't got a personal update on the situation by Venky's - who are still finding their feet as new PL club owners. Harsh. Apparantly he has wanted away since the beginning of the season, and that's before Venky's. And before he was made captain...something just doesn't add up here.

Oh, and you lot are in trouble ;)

I'll be sickened. He's our most dominant player heading away trouble at ease. I hope houllier is out then.

agree totally

has to be bull. Quality of the 2 players is not comparable and the value of samba stupidly low ffs the crap Ferdinand was 9m, lescott. 24m, turner was a lot, brim paid 5m for defenders from championshi clubs

8m is a joke and more than a few that matter at the club must know this. Chelsea/Liverpool would surely kill for a top cb.

You really are an abrasive little man. I didn't say Kean was the finished article nor did i say his style had been on the whole better than Sam's. However, tonight, with two pressing wingers and 3 goals from open play, proves a happy medium is possible.

And you're mentally deficient if you think tonight "proves" anything.

Like I said, full credit to Kean, I think in this particular match we did better than we wouldve done under Sam. It also fills me with much more hope than I had before.

But things get proven over a whole season. Remember how Hull and Burnley played some great football and beat the big teams? How did that all end again?

Fact is, the last ten seasons of PL football has PROVEN that the only three sides on small budgets to consistently succeed in this league (not fleeting successes like Reading, Hull etc) are Rovers, Stoke and Sam-era Bolton.

Much more than one match, or even a few games will prove.

Can I put forward an argument for possibly keeping the powder dry this window?

Before Ewood Park got turned upside down we were most likely looking at a mid table finish, and despite some worries it seems that even if we turn in a few West Ham and Stoke-esque performances we should manage enough wins to keep us up, since we're on 28 points already.

Venky's aren't rich like City and although I'd welcome Adam and wouldve loved Ronaldinho, none of the other names excite me whatsoever and I wouldnt want to waste money on them.

Deals are much better in summer. Get Adam if we can as long as the price is half decent, and then wait till summer IMO...especially since we'll have players returning to the side too.

Spot-on. Money is a scarce resource, use wisely and maximise value.

Archived