BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

Samba a 20m player? Who writes this stuff.

I can see why you're all annoyed, I don't know why he wants to come to us in the position we're in either considering it's looking positive at Rovers, think the abuse Villa are getting is pretty harsh though, for 3 years we've been a very good side, and because of one bad half season you are describing us as though we're someone whose just come up and heading for an imminent relegation...

You seem to forget that we went from League Champions to relegation in a similar time frame!

Villa are being tipped for a possible relegation spot because if you have a look at the table that's exactly where you are at the minute.

I don't think they have the money to sign Samba anyway, with or without a swap deal. I said that the signing of Pires spoke volumes at the time and I still think it points to the fact that they have no budget.

Oh and is the Samba who is poor on the ball the same one who ran through the Liverpool midfield last night creating countless chances?

City pay stupid fees, but we should be looking for at least half the fee they paid for Lescott if we are to sell Chris!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seem to forget that we went from League Champions to relegation in a similar time frame!

Villa are being tipped for a possible relegation spot because if you have a look at the table that's exactly where you are at the minute.

I don't think they have the money to sign Samba anyway, with or without a swap deal. I said that the signing of Pires spoke volumes at the time and I still think it points to the fact that they have no budget.

Oh and is the Samba who is poor on the ball the same one who ran through the Liverpool midfield last night creating countless chances?

City pay stupid fees, but we should be looking for at least half the fee they paid for Lescott if we are to sell Chris!

Otherwise no point selling. Id rather an unhappy Samba till June than no Samba if thats how he will play.

it was mentioned, but dont think the link was provided. Good prospect, but not what we need right now.

I agree, we already have Diouf who is doing a similar job to what this lad would be doing. Would prefer to use up one of the loans we have avaliable getting a midfielder in.

Dont know if this is on here or not but:

Rovers linked to young Gunner

Hmm. No point in that kind of deal. If we want to buy and develop him, sure, but why loan an unproven 20 year old attacker? If we're going to borrow somebody rather than buy, they need to be ready to hit the ground running, and if we're going to borrow a forward from Arsenal it should be someone like Vela we look to.

With injury to Jones….and Nelsen no spring chicken – id tell any suitors that Samba is not for sale until the summer, giving him longer to think about his future & to see any new plans at Ewood unfold. Mid season isn’t a good time to lose the captain.

As for valuations – well Gary Cahill is rated at £15-20m, yes he’s English but apart from that there isn’t much different. So on that basis £15m is more the mark we should be holding out for.

Meanwhile….

Arsenal striker Carlos Vela is wanted on loan by Spanish side Valencia, with a view to a £2m permanent deal in the summer.

Full story: the Sun

A deal we should be all over!!!

With injury to Jones….and Nelsen no spring chicken – id tell any suitors that Samba is not for sale until the summer, giving him longer to think about his future & to see any new plans at Ewood unfold. Mid season isn’t a good time to lose the captain.

As for valuations – well Gary Cahill is rated at £15-20m, yes he’s English but apart from that there isn’t much different. So on that basis £15m is more the mark we should be holding out for.

Meanwhile….

Arsenal striker Carlos Vela is wanted on loan by Spanish side Valencia, with a view to a £2m permanent deal in the summer.

Full story: the Sun

A deal we should be all over!!!

Agree with all three of those points Hughesy, especially the top one !

Selling Samba now simply exposes the Rao family and Venky's and makes Steve Kean look stupid beyond belief.

Do Venky's really have any money ?

£7m in wages a season to Ronaldinho pretty much makes that clear surely?? :blink:

Its not about raising cash…its about having players that WANT to play for our club….It bugs me when players want to move and make it public, but due to stability – id tell Samba to put up & shut up until the summer.

Apologies for lateness.

How's the 'sack the board' thing working out?

And the inexperienced puppet got a result tonight I believe.

I would like to say more about some of the sniders who tried to run down the manager - here and in the media as a whole.

You seem quiet tonight.

And unfortunately there is a swear filter.

Apologies for giving a damn about the club I support (that's where we differ on this messageboard - I actualy support BRFC) and questioning some of the decisions that have been made recently. Non sensical decisions, dress it up anyway you like but they flew / fly in the face of any common sense.

Making bids for the likes of Ronaldinho and Beckham may float other peoples boats but attempting to shell out £20m for Ronaldinho in order to raise the profile of Venky's does nothing for me. I would suggest they concentrate on building some walls before they try sticking a very expensive, 2nd hand roof, that has seen better days on.

Now that I've said all that I'm absolutely delighted with that performance last night. Grand stuff. Long may it continue and every credit to Steve Kean for setting the team out like that. It's two wins out of five. It's early days, but I'm optimistic for the first time in a while. Liverpool are in a mess - but less of a mess than us clearly!

Sorry - wrong thread by a mile.

Back to the transfers. Sell Samba? Can't see it myself. Not a good move, he looked superb last night. Was that really someone who has been engineering a move away for the last 12 months?

£7m in wages a season to Ronaldinho pretty much makes that clear surely?? :blink:

Its not about raising cash…its about having players that WANT to play for our club….It bugs me when players want to move and make it public, but due to stability – id tell Samba to put up & shut up until the summer.

Does Ronaldinho play, or want to play for Rovers Hughesy :wacko:

Do you not think that this Samba storyline is accepted and possible engineered by the club to turn the fans against him ?

Or is it from a Samba prospective i'm the captain of the team and you dont pay me anywhere near that so i'll have an increase please same with Nelsen and Robinson.

The Sambaman would be about right for a move - he's probably the poorest footballer at Rovers financially (not in me and you terms!)because he's never had any big money moves. One £12m move to anywhere would net him as big a lump sum as he's ever likely to see - could hit £2.4 m for him - I dread to think what some people on here would do for that kind of cash. Me to if it came to it!

Liked the look of BB's garage in India on SSN last night - personalised Bentleys and not a rusty toyota in sight. Yes, they have money and like spending it. 2 wins don't make a summer but I am convinced the money will be there, and a lot of it. Just hope they get the right football advice.

Apparently they are going to have fun at Rovers so Paul Agnew asking for them to release communications through him isn't going to happen. I believe they just didn't like Big Sam's attitude when they met him but will leave football decisions to whoevers in charge so I suspect that side of things will work out.

I can see us being near the top next year but with some crazy headlines though. How much will Messi cost?

do_not_want.jpg

I've seen him play numerous times, both for West Ham and Villa, and he's not convinced me at all. Granted, he throws himself in front of the ball a lot and gives 100% every match, but the reason he leaps into tackles from a distance and throws himself in front of the ball a lot is due to the fact that he's almost always poorly positioned. He's also prone to concentration lapses. Would be a step down if we replace Samba with Collins. At least a better player than Dunne, though.

Edit: As for other possible incomings - I wish we could table a huge bid for Adam already, and stop wasting our time on players that we won't get for various reasons (Ba, Duff, Beckham, Ronaldinho). O'Hara and Kranjcar should be available, but Tottenham is a nightmare to deal with. Ireland would be good as well, I have this feeling that he would enjoy playing for us and recover his form. A midfield enforcer in the Diarra mould would also be good.

Apologies for giving a damn about the club I support (that's where we differ on this messageboard - I actualy support BRFC) and questioning some of the decisions that have been made recently. Non sensical decisions, dress it up anyway you like but they flew / fly in the face of any common sense.

Making bids for the likes of Ronaldinho and Beckham may float other peoples boats but attempting to shell out £20m for Ronaldinho in order to raise the profile of Venky's does nothing for me. I would suggest they concentrate on building some walls before they try sticking a very expensive, 2nd hand roof, that has seen better days on.

Now that I've said all that I'm absolutely delighted with that performance last night. Grand stuff. Long may it continue and every credit to Steve Kean for setting the team out like that. It's two wins out of five. It's early days, but I'm optimistic for the first time in a while. Liverpool are in a mess - but less of a mess than us clearly!

Sorry - wrong thread by a mile.

Back to the transfers. Sell Samba? Can't see it myself. Not a good move, he looked superb last night. Was that really someone who has been engineering a move away for the last 12 months?

Completely agree with this – also as I said previously, Samba leaving would be a massive blow – appreciate he apparently wants to leave however once again a quality player could be departing the club, and funnily enough, regardless of how much money we have to spend, they are difficult to replace.

Guest Walshy

Samba has only just signed a new contract (last year I think) perhaps Venkys should offer him an improved one with a nice signing on fee to go with it and state their intentions to him. Im sure he would sign the dotted line then

If Nicko is to be trusted - and I think he is - then yes, they do have money. Do you really think they would have their man in Brazil working for several months trying to get Ronaldinho in if they didn't have any cash? If it was all just a publicity stunt on Venky's side, they would have gone public with the Ronaldinho story ages ago.

Adebayor any one?

Got to say I’ve been thinking the same, whilst I doubt City would loan him to us, I think he’d certainly be a name the owners are looking for, wages could scare us off though.

Archived