BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies for lateness.

SAMBA... Villa want him...Collins is the most attractive makeweight offered and valuations are being discussed...if Samba wants to go that looks his likely/only destination.

ROQUE...Man City playing hard ball over the loan...hopefully they play hardball until February.

MILITO?...new one on me.

How's the 'sack the board' thing working out?

And the inexperienced puppet got a result tonight I believe.

The way Samba played tonight, Collins is no replacement, although I do actually think he is one of the better Prem CB.

Agreed!

Rovers sell Samba means Rovers under Venky's are still a selling club when we were told it would be otherwise.

To be honest if Samba has the metality to move BACKWARDS to Villa purely for money then frankly we are better getting shut of him.

IF this is true then I am stupified. I thought I had seen every stupid decision there is to make by nonsensical footballers....then along comes Samba :wacko:

And the inexperienced puppet got a result tonight I believe.

Needs to work on his subs though. Nearly cost us dearly!

Can't fault the motivation factor and the Samba gesture may say a lot for the deal, never mind Villa's god awful form.

• Backroom

SSN says we are lining up a move for Arsenal attacker Jay Emmanuel-Thomas ?? ahem

He looks a real prospect would love him here for the future but not on a loan as he wouldn't benefit us in the short term

JAL, it has been stated that we don't have to sell but if a player wants to leave it will be considered, seems fair enough, just hope Samba decides he is better off here than at Villa.

Ronaldiniho did well tonight and scored 2! :-)

I hope we still crack on with the signings and don't think after 1 win we don't need anyone! I'd have thought if the possible Adam transfer is true contact would have been made and some sort of talks held!

How on earth can Adam (assuming it can of course be done, not being arrogant) not be the absolute priority in this window? Williams or whoever should be working on nothing else. We've had a midfield problem for YEARS. Imagine what it would do for our team to put a player of that quality there with Holliet and Olsson developing nicely on the wings.

It would give us the chance to develop a side similar to that in the days of Dunn, Duff & Gillespie.

Very frustrating. I can't fathom why riskier pursuits like Santa Cruz and seemingly non starters like Duff (given Hughes reported reluctance to sell) are taking precedence.

Hoping Mr Williams is doing what he does best quietly in the background, hence the apparent silence.

nicko i know this isnt the ronaldinho thread but seeing as noone has posted on that one for a while, can i ask is the ronaldinho deal definately off?

Who is he?

If he has chosen the beach, then it's a lucky escape.

Better to find out what a player is about BEFORE you spend millions on them.

Astonished how well Diouf and Benjani played tonight - only seen highlights.

Three goals, no set-pieces.

Is this a record?

I would like to say more about some of the sniders who tried to run down the manager - here and in the media as a whole.

You seem quiet tonight.

And unfortunately there is a swear filter.

Who is he?

If he has chosen the beach, then it's a lucky escape.

Better to find out what a player is about BEFORE you spend millions on them.

Astonished how well Diouf and Benjani played tonight - only seen highlights.

Is this a record?

I would like to say more about some of the sniders who tried to run down the manager - here and in the media as a whole.

You seem quiet tonight.

They are quiet because they are crying into their signed Sam Allardyce photographs.

Is this a record?

You seem quiet tonight.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Samba to Villa and Collins here?

No doubt in my mind that is a major downgrade and at the same time strengthens a rival whilst weakening ourselves.

I'd rather stick with Hanley than play Collins.

Roque and Collins? I wonder if we are going to spend what could be the largest budget we have had for some time on complete dross. With the targets so far (excluding Adam) it looks like that could be the case...

Frankly if Samba has said the things which we heard yesterday and he wants out to villa then he is most welcome to it. Collins is not my favoured replacement, but, strange as this sounds, maybe his not actually Samba's replacement. He is more of a Nelsen replacement. Young Jones will ultimately fill Samba's boots.

Also, for all the people claiming Allardyces tactics were the only way of avoiding the drop, tonight proved you wrong. That was a throw back to the Hughes years. Pressing and counter attack football at its best. Being hard to beat isn't all about lumping it forward and winning more headers than your opposition.

Worth pointing out with these Samba to Villa stories that, as far as I am aware, Vila still owe us 2 million from the Warnock Deal!

I would'nt deal with Villa anyway, no offence to Villa fans but why make them a stronger team by selling them our best defender? They are in the mire, I dont really see why we should help them out of it.

If Samba wants to go fair enough, convince him to wait for a bigger move. From what I saw tonight he did'nt appear to be unhappy, it was the best I have seen him play for ages.

Archived