BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

why is there this, we cant afford a player talk? we were about to spend almost 8mill a year on wages, so why cant we spend 8mill on another good player. Venkys own us, why only spend money out of their own pockets for a marquee signing, why not on lets say 2 or 3 other players etc

for around 50 or 60k, we could still get some seriously good players ie Pienaar and Kranckjar, perhaps even both with that supposed Ronnie money.

That 'Ronnie' money is for a marquee signing, you said it yourself

Publicity is priority, whether there is money for, dare i say it 'good or useful' signings remains to be seen.

Over to you Venkys :P

I for now, will remain pessimistic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear the most likely signing at the moment looks to be Samba to Villa.

I know theres still 3 weeks left in the window but anyone get the feeling we may make

a couple panic signings at the end of the window just to save face? I do hope im wrong

but with Keane going to Brum, and Becks and Ronnie never really realistic Venkys and Kean

could be be left looking very silly!(even more than they do now)

Scott Parker would be nice , don't think he'd leave London though

Would be very nice but it would basically relegate West Ham, wont happen!

If it is true ronaldinho has signed for gremio, then surely over the next few days we should be seeing rovers go all out for adams.

Just a thought, who would people prefer in a choice between adams and kranjcar as the midfeild playmaker in our team?

As i'm personally quite shocked that he isn't on our list of players we're supposedly after, considering he is definitely available this january.

Just a thought, who would people prefer in a choice between adams and kranjcar as the midfeild playmaker in our team?

As i'm personally quite shocked that he isn't on our list of players we're supposedly after, considering he is definitely available this january.

Difference being Spurs want around £9m, where as Adam would probably cost £3m ish….

Also Adam has been playing & performing week in, week out & Krancjar (sp) hasn’t. Also Adam will probably be earning half if not less what Krancjar is.

Seb Larrson would be a good signing for us but I think that he will see the season out with Brum, then moved to another club on a free. I see we been linked with Bentley today aswell. think he would cost to much and would he be interest in coming back to rovers? probably not.

Adam would cost about 5 million pounds. would be a very good signing, so rovers and kean put a bid in and get moving to sign him.

Adam is on no more than 10k per week. We could easily double that (at least) and pay Blackpool a decent fee. Adam is still involved in a legal battle with Blackpool is he not? This could be easier than we think. In spite of his being unable to get on the field at Ibrox, he has proved since moving south that he is a very tidy footballer.

From the Venky London Twitter (Bold statement to make for a fake)

It is also our intention to announce the signing of Mr Damien Duff.

That has been posted six times already! Think its a fake anyway!

+ Hughesy I think you're some distance off with both of those valuations!

Adam will be 5M+ and Kranjcar will be nowhere near 9M!

Adam is on no more than 10k per week. We could easily double that (at least) and pay Blackpool a decent fee. Adam is still involved in a legal battle with Blackpool is he not? This could be easier than we think. In spite of his being unable to get on the field at Ibrox, he has proved since moving south that he is a very tidy footballer.

I remember a Turkish chap who couldnt get on the pitch at Ibrox aswell, from what i can remember he was a fair player :D

From the Venky London Twitter (Bold statement to make for a fake)

It is also our intention to announce the signing of Mr Damien Duff.

Wouldn't like to meet the wierdo who faked that account, clearly has way too much time on their hands to translate every statement into Indian. Still, I wouldn't put anything past a Burnley fan.

Whilst I wouldnt mind us signing ADAM, he's really only had half a season performing at this level, and that could be due to the surroundings he currently finds himself in. How do we know he's going to continue it and in the same frame of mind if he signs for us? Whereas kranjcar has been performing at a high level for numerous years, and its only recently he has lost his place in the spurs team.

I personally feel the better gamble, short and long term would be on kranjcar, even if he was a couple of million more.

I cant say what the future holds for Steve Kean but his job is being made even harder by the crackpots in India with their statements and contradictions, a top player would have to assess just what he was coming to if he signed for Rovers at the moment, an unknown quantity of a manager, a club in dissaray and owners who are making us a bit of a joke around the footballing fraternity.

Charlie Adam is probably one of the best we are likely to get, unless we go to the Scandinavian or Scottish Leagues, we may pick one or two up there, but this is going to be one hell of a job for an untried and unproven manager.

Archived