BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 2

To be fair, it was always going to be difficult buying from the Trust as opposed to a say, Venkys. Don't forget a number of buyers were "vetted". Not saying we will be sold unless things go seriously pear-shaped, but I thought knowing that the circumstances are way too different compared to 6 months ago was worth highlighting.

There was a vetting procedure and we ended up with Venky's (I'm not complaining too much yet), so what type of owners do you think we will get without a vetting procedure? (which was designed to protect us).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Ronaldinho does go elsewhere to be honest.

With all the expense for very little guaranteed benefit once the novelty and the media attention has worn off it will be a bullet dodged if he does.

I'd save the cash and invest it in attracting a tried and tested manager. We can bring in all the players you like but without a good manager it will be a wasted effort.

Although quite which top manager would come here under the present circumstances I'm not sure.

Maybe we'll have to hope the blind gamble on a complete and utter novice will come off. It might.

Ronnie definitely going to Gremio according to ss. Confirmed by Milan president.

Excellent news for me. Now lets hope we can put the same effort into getting Charlie Adam and three or four other younger players on which we can build the future of the club.

SUGGEST SOMEONE AT VENKYS PUTS £1M ON AT THOSE ODDS -SPENDS £10M AND KEEPS THE CHANGE !

Good idea that. They will obviously need an undercover agent to do it for them. So if the Venkys send me a postal order for £1m i will get it on for them at my local bookies. All I ask in return is a free season ticket for next season on my present seat. Simple eh?:)

Perhaps not the most pressing of matters with regard to position but isn't Charles N'zogbia after a move away?

I know he was certainly on Allardyce's list, and he's had me on the edge of my seat a couple of times at Ewood!

Just been on BBC and Tottenham want to give Newcastle, Keane, Bentley AND Krancjar for Andy Carroll... Not a bad deal there

Perhaps not the most pressing of matters with regard to position but isn't Charles N'zogbia after a move away?

Just been on BBC and Tottenham want to give Newcastle, Keane, Bentley AND Krancjar for Andy Carroll... Not a bad deal there

The price they wanted from Brum was way to high.

That is a good deal, but depends how much they rate Carroll as a piece to build going forward.

The price they wanted from Brum was way to high.

That is a good deal, but depends how much they rate Carroll as a piece to build going forward.

Again just going off BBC but apparently an 8mill bid from Sunderland could be enough to get him.. i personally doubt it and would say 10 or 12 million at least which as mentioned is too much for us, particularly when you consider that the centre of the park is our immediate priority.

With regard to Carroll, he's such an important player for them and suits the way they play perfectly.

If Carroll doesnt leave, and Spurs get Beckham, the door would be open for Bentley to go on loan to Newcastle, imagine his crosses straight onto Carrolls head! That would be some partnership

To be fair, it was always going to be difficult buying from the Trust as opposed to a say, Venkys. Don't forget a number of buyers were "vetted". Not saying we will be sold unless things go seriously pear-shaped, but I thought knowing that the circumstances are way too different compared to 6 months ago was worth highlighting.

Vetting process worked well didn't it? :wstu:

why is there this, we cant afford a player talk? we were about to spend almost 8mill a year on wages, so why cant we spend 8mill on another good player. Venkys own us, why only spend money out of their own pockets for a marquee signing, why not on lets say 2 or 3 other players etc

for around 50 or 60k, we could still get some seriously good players ie Pienaar and Kranckjar, perhaps even both with that supposed Ronnie money.

why is there this, we cant afford a player talk? we were about to spend almost 8mill a year on wages, so why cant we spend 8mill on another good player. Venkys own us, why only spend money out of their own pockets for a marquee signing, why not on lets say 2 or 3 other players etc

for around 50 or 60k, we could still get some seriously good players ie Pienaar and Kranckjar, perhaps even both with that supposed Ronnie money.

Archived