BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. QPR

Amo

Nice preview, we have to get through this with no more injuries ideally but it will be a tough game so it's a balancing act.

Bunn

Ramm Samba Hanley Morris

Hoilett Linganzi Pedersen Ollson

Diouf Benjani

We don't have too many options really, play Samba to cup tie him as well.

It's always quite fun trying to guess the teams for these sorts of games, there are several ways we could line up really. I'm guessing/hoping...

Bunn

Ramm Hanley Givet Morris

Hoilett Goulon Linganzi E. Diouf

Benjani Blackman

Might as well see what Blackman is about. Rovers.co.uk says Roberts might be back for this, I'll be amazed if we choose to cup-tie him.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great preview!

I'd play the strongest side possible, with the league being tight it’s all about building momentum and another win should give us a boost going into our next league game. Play our starters if they are fully fit, try and get a big lead going into HT and then decide on subs.

It’s the FA Cup and we have a great history in this competition so I want us to progress as far as possible.

I'd play the strongest side possible, with the league being tight it’s all about building momentum and another win should give us a boost going into our next league game. Play our starters if they are fully fit, try and get a big lead going into HT and then decide on subs.

The problem is that we're down to the bare bones. If we lost a couple of players it could really hurt us. The team put a lot into Wednesday night, look how many injuries have happened to other clubs recently where they've over played players.

At the very least I'd rest Dunn, Pedersen, Benjani, Nelsen and Salgado.

The problem is that we're down to the bare bones. If we lost a couple of players it could really hurt us. The team put a lot into Wednesday night, look how many injuries have happened to other clubs recently where they've over played players.

You would do that if there were not several players due back soon, but apparently they are.

I am glad Kean is going to put out the strongest side his injury-hit squad permits.

Certainly Dunn and Benjani rested, them two playing three games in seven days is not good for their health.

Good news at least that JR is available again.

I think Kean will go strong in the cup, morale needs to be kept high and a convincing win against an injury ravaged QPR just may do the trick.

"QPR will be without striker Patrick Agyemang when they travel to Lancashire. Rangers are awaiting the results of a scan on Agyemang's leg amid fears he has suffered a stress fracture of the tibia.

Neil Warnock's squad is stretched as centre-half Matt Connolly is suspended, full-back Kyle Walker's loan has expired, striker Antonio German is cup-tied and Peter Ramage, Akos Buzsaky and Lee Cook (all knee) are on the sidelines."

Didn't Kean take Olsson off because he felt a twinge? I'd give him the game off and play Morris in his stead.

Interesting to see Zac Aley in the first team squad for the first time, looks like QPR are going to rest a few players.

I expect us to not rest to many, perhaps the likes of Salgado, Dunn, MGP might get a rest, will be interesting to see if Samba plays, or will he not feature as to not make him cup tied should he leave.

I've bought 6 also, am taking my 6 & 8 year old girls to their first match and have successfully converted my niece in Warrington, Wednesday's result sealed it, everyone at her school is a Liverpool fan, who sponsored her shirt for Thursday's football practice? Correct, Crown Paints (Have it you plastic scousers)

BBE Upper closed for this match

(Took me ages to get through to the ticket office this savvy, about 10 times I got the message "The lines are too busy"

So hopefully good news on the sales front.

Kids tickets for a quid if bought with an adult ticket for 15 quid, and after our last performance against Liverpool, i fancy a fairly decent turn out. I've just got my ticket, Kean has confirmed he will play our strongest side, QPR are looking to rest players, I fancy a comfortable 3-0 win.

Come on Rovers

Thought Kean would really change things around for this one, but by the sounds of his press conference he will be fielding a strong team, possibly with some fringe players in as well and youth.

Zac Aley looked a tidy player when I saw him come on at PNE, lets hope he and one or two others get a chance to show us what they can do tomorrow.

Will be a tough game and one I'm looking forward to.

I've bought 6 also, am taking my 6 & 8 year old girls to their first match and have successfully converted my niece in Warrington, Wednesday's result sealed it, everyone at her school is a Liverpool fan, who sponsored her shirt for Thursday's football practice? Correct, Crown Paints (Have it you plastic scousers)BBE Upper closed for this match

(Took me ages to get through to the ticket office this savvy, about 10 times I got the message "The lines are too busy"

So hopefully good news on the sales front.

:D I have converted my little cousin and nieces in Warrington too, my two year old niece does a great rendition of 'we love you wovers'!!

Can't wait to take them when they're a bit older.

Hope your girls enjoy the game :)

I've seen Aley a few times and has always been steady, haven't seen much of him getting forward but defensively he has impressed. Fairly big lad too, so should be up to the physical threat of making the step up to first team squad football. Good luck to another young player making the step up.

I would be tempted to go:-

-----------------------Bunn

Ramm-----Nelsen----Samba----Morris

--------------------Linganzi

------Hoilett----Pedersen----Olsson

-----------Roberts-----MB DIouf

While Benjani, Dunn and Salgado need a rest, I would be loathe to drop Hoilett and Olsson as they had great games against liverpool and need to build confidence. A bit of a danger to play two young full backs, but such is the injury situation that we should give it a go, see if they can make a fist of it.

Archived