BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

Loads of people joined the singing section against Newcastle but didn't sing, the simple Barmy Army song too so it wasn't a case of they didn't know the words. What's the point in joining the singers but not singing? The same people left about five minutes before the final whistle, again I don't see the point. It is slowly becoming like other parts of the ground and we want the singing section to be different. Ideally the corner just full of people that sing throughout the game, it's not too much to ask. The least I expect is for people in the singing section to wait until the game has finished to applaud the players win, lose or draw.

Mark and Ohmi we obviously have our differences, what is so bad about saying "Don't sing? It means not welcome", it's a singing section the norm is to sing :brfcsmilie: or at least clap if they don't know the words. Also the unreserved seating is for the whole of the Darwen End, I'm not saying that the people that sit in the middle are not welcome because they don't sing, remember the facebook group is called 'Blue Brigade - Official Facebook Group (Darwen End Singing Section)' the singing section is a small block of the Darwen End and all we want is for people to join us and join in with the singing.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mmmmm .. .interesting jumpin - i'm not a Darren ender but this has been pondering in my mind for a while.

This has been raised previously some time back on here ... can't remember who by though - your good self ? /gav? - I am sure somebody will put us straight though

'BY GUM WE’LL MAKE IT A DAY!

Ironic that the B side is sung by the 'Blackburn End Choir'?

Who gives you the authority to say to people they are unwelcome in an unreserved area? Fair enough I understand the frustration. But after the fiasco with your attempts to move to the middle and how it's unreserved. There's not much you can do really.

Mark and Ohmi we obviously have our differences, what is so bad about saying "Don't sing? It means not welcome", it's a singing section the norm is to sing :brfcsmilie: or at least clap if they don't know the words. Also the unreserved seating is for the whole of the Darwen End, I'm not saying that the people that sit in the middle are not welcome because they don't sing, remember the facebook group is called 'Blue Brigade - Official Facebook Group (Darwen End Singing Section)' the singing section is a small block of the Darwen End and all we want is for people to join us and join in with the singing.

and does the blue brigade own the Darwen end now? how is it up to you to decide whether they are welcome or not? is singing "not welcome" towards them not alienating support and causing frictions between our supporters?

as frustrating as it is, what gives you the right to dictate whether a paying customer can or can't sit where they choose

oh and please explain this to me? you are now saying that the singing section is a small block and people can sit in the middle if they don't want to join in? so how come it was ok for you to "invade" their (the non singers) space 3 weeks ago, yet you are now moaning because they are invading yours?

We have every right to sit in the middle because it's unreserved seating, making a fuss about us sitting there just because your father-in-law sits there could be seen as not fair to us too, it works both ways.

just to quote you there RIML,

does this not mean that people have every right to sit where they choose whether they sing or not?

life's just not fair remember? you said it ;)

and does the blue brigade own the Darwen end now? how is it up to you to decide whether they are welcome or not? is singing "not welcome" towards them not alienating support and causing frictions between our supporters? Let me just point out - you are quoting RIML not Blue Brigade, it is the opinion of one person not an 'announcement' of the group. As I have said its a free and open forum for anyone to express their personal opinions.

as frustrating as it is, what gives you the right to dictate whether a paying customer can or can't sit where they choose

oh and please explain this to me? you are now saying that the singing section is a small block and people can sit in the middle if they don't want to join in? so how come it was ok for you to "invade" their (the non singers) space 3 weeks ago, yet you are now moaning because they are invading yours? Fair point, it was tried and did not work... we have not been back since. It was all done in the hope of creating a better atmosphere after positive feedback from non DE'ers after the QPR game.

But with non singers joining the singing area it just defeats the object. Maybe they were 'sing when we're winning' people... in which case let's hope for an early goal VRS Blackpool :tu:

• Backroom

does this not mean that people have every right to sit where they choose whether they sing or not?

Pretty much this.

I can understand it being annoying I suppose but when RIML said it was basically tough when they moved to the middle it's only fair it works both ways.

Remember the DE isn't just there for you guys. Everyone in that stand pays the same price and the same unreserved rule applies.

It's going well for you guys don't turn it into an us vs them thing.

As Ben says though RIML isn't a voice for the whole of the BB after all she's a self confessed chav :P

yeah sorry i should have wrote "and do you own the Darwen end now RIML?" apologies.

and as i said before i can understand how frustrating it is, but it has happened in other stands for years, turning on these people by singing/telling them they are not welcome is a pathetic idea in my opinion, however i will point out that i know this is in no way a blue brigade idea, just a foolish idea from its image designer.

as she said, people can and will sit where they choose, it was fine for her to do it, it is fine for everyone to do it. however she seems intent on causing a division, which is against the entire concept of the BB

DE is slowly turning into the BBE.

Although there's loads more season ticket holders in here now, I'd say there's a maximum of 350 people that sing. The rest have little/no interest in singing, and are beginning to Moan.

Is it not their choice to sing or not. I didn't think any part of the ground was exclusive just for singers.

Who gives you the authority to say to people they are unwelcome in an unreserved area? Fair enough I understand the frustration. But after the fiasco with your attempts to move to the middle and how it's unreserved. There's not much you can do really.

I think saying 'not welcome' is a more polite way of putting it or would you prefer me to say "sing or f*#* off!" That was also said on the facebook group but I see you've not posted that on here because you don't know Simon's BRFCS' user name. Also one of the reasons it's unreserved is because larger groups of people can sit together and most importantly sing together, this isn't possible in the Blackburn End because you can't get many seats together.

Also this was taken from the Ewood Park wiki page,

"In the last 3 games of the 2008–09 season, the bottom part of the stand was used for home fans to give more home support to the team to pull clear of the relegation zone"

This is how I see the Darwen End, it's about giving more support to the team.

and does the blue brigade own the Darwen end now? how is it up to you to decide whether they are welcome or not? is singing "not welcome" towards them not alienating support and causing frictions between our supporters?

oh and please explain this to me? you are now saying that the singing section is a small block and people can sit in the middle if they don't want to join in? so how come it was ok for you to "invade" their (the non singers) space 3 weeks ago, yet you are now moaning because they are invading yours?

No we don't own it but the corner is the Blue Brigade's regular spot just like the middle is Ohmi's father-in-law's regular spot. How is it alienating support, they don't support the team by singing and clapping anyway and it has been said before that fans used to sing 'Riverside give us a song' so that's the same difference.

They can sit where they choose but people don't sit in the corner to get the best view, you can't even see the big screen, so why do they stand with the singers? Just to be apart of the atmosphere I guess there's nothing wrong with that but joining in makes the atmosphere different for them, for us and for the team too.

I'm going to move for the Blackpool game and stand there and not sing :)

And the point would be?

It's supposed to be a singing section they choose to stand with the singers they should sing with us, that's just what I think anyway. That's different when we moved to the middle for the West Brom game because the 'regulars' that sit there might not necessarily want to sing so I don't have a problem with them, it's when people join the corner and don't sing and leave five minutes before the end that's frustrating especially when 10% of half the stand is empty (I believe this has to be done for safety reasons) so there's plenty of room they just want to be apart of the atmosphere but I've already said if they joined in it makes a big difference, that is all we need.

yeah sorry i should have wrote "and do you own the Darwen end now RIML?" apologies.

and as i said before i can understand how frustrating it is, but it has happened in other stands for years, turning on these people by singing/telling them they are not welcome is a pathetic idea in my opinion, however i will point out that i know this is in no way a blue brigade idea, just a foolish idea from its image designer.

as she said, people can and will sit where they choose, it was fine for her to do it, it is fine for everyone to do it. however she seems intent on causing a division, which is against the entire concept of the BB

It's not an idea of mine, I've already mentioned Simon's post but it just seems that you have something against me and only me, even when others have said "sing or f*#* off!" How exactly am I causing a division? Because I want the singers to group together in the corner instead of being spread out along the stand, this has been tried and tested but didn't work.

And yes TCO I am a scally, I prefer that word to chav seeing that I don't live in a council house ;)

• Backroom

Ok Scally it is, can we go old school and say townie?

I think part of the charm of the singing section is it's fan driven but maybe something from the club to make the end block an official singin section may help.

Ok Scally it is, can we go old school and say townie?

I think part of the charm of the singing section is it's fan driven but maybe something from the club to make the end block an official singin section may help.

Townie it is :P We have discussed this with the club, I personally would love this, how it would/could be done I have no idea though.

• Backroom

I imagine it would have to be an agreed thing with a few parties but could be brought up a meeting with the club or fans forum I suppose.

I imagine there may be some resistance though from both sides.

It's certainly something we could look into, but the club have rightly pointed out in the past that being fan driven is the key (as when the club try and organise anything it can be met with resistance).

Personally I don't think it would make much difference, maybe attract one or two more fans, but if the people who want to be part of it and not join in still stood there there's not much anyone could do and we would be in the same boat.

There has been talk of us getting a few people from the Darwen End together for a feature in the matchday programme, maybe that will be good publicity for the Singing Section.

I think saying 'not welcome' is a more polite way of putting it or would you prefer me to say "sing or f*#* off!" That was also said on the facebook group but I see you've not posted that on here because you don't know Simon's BRFCS' user name. Also one of the reasons it's unreserved is because larger groups of people can sit together and most importantly sing together, this isn't possible in the Blackburn End because you can't get many seats together.

I'm not even sure if Simon has a BRFCS username (I actually know who Simon is and I've always got on with him), and I've not mentioned it because I've not seen it.

Also this was taken from the Ewood Park wiki page,

"In the last 3 games of the 2008–09 season, the bottom part of the stand was used for home fans to give more home support to the team to pull clear of the relegation zone"

This is how I see the Darwen End, it's about giving more support to the team.

No we don't own it but the corner is the Blue Brigade's regular spot just like the middle is Ohmi's father-in-law's regular spot. How is it alienating support, they don't support the team by singing and clapping anyway and it has been said before that fans used to sing 'Riverside give us a song' so that's the same difference.

They support the team though. They just chose to do it in a different manner.

They can sit where they choose but people don't sit in the corner to get the best view, you can't even see the big screen, so why do they stand with the singers? Just to be apart of the atmosphere I guess there's nothing wrong with that but joining in makes the atmosphere different for them, for us and for the team too.

And the point would be?

Because I'm free to do so.

It's supposed to be a singing section they choose to stand with the singers they should sing with us, that's just what I think anyway. That's different when we moved to the middle for the West Brom game because the 'regulars' that sit there might not necessarily want to sing so I don't have a problem with them, it's when people join the corner and don't sing and leave five minutes before the end that's frustrating especially when 10% of half the stand is empty (I believe this has to be done for safety reasons) so there's plenty of room they just want to be apart of the atmosphere but I've already said if they joined in it makes a big difference, that is all we need.

It's not an idea of mine, I've already mentioned Simon's post but it just seems that you have something against me and only me, even when others have said "sing or f*#* off!" How exactly am I causing a division? Because I want the singers to group together in the corner instead of being spread out along the stand, this has been tried and tested but didn't work.

You or no one else has any authority to tell people they are not allowed to sit in an area of the ground. Like I've said, I understand the frustration of people going and not singing. But if people want to go up there and not sing. Well it's tough. Deal with it.

And yes TCO I am a scally, I prefer that word to chav seeing that I don't live in a council house ;)

it's not an idea of mine, I've already mentioned Simon's post but it just seems that you have something against me and only me, even when others have said "sing or f*#* off!" How exactly am I causing a division? Because I want the singers to group together in the corner instead of being spread out along the stand, this has been tried and tested but didn't work.

sorry i just presumed it was an idea of yours since you were posting videos off youtube and suggesting that you start a song aimed at the non singers i.e "dont sing, you're not welcome"

now do you seriously believe that by singing such a song and aiming it at your own supporters is not going to cause problems? really?

like i said before, you moved into the non-singers section and stated life's unfair they have to live with it, they start to move into yours and you suggest singing to them that they are not welcome? double standards much?

and as for the other post - i didn't see it or i would have mentioned it, i don't have a personal thing with you at all, i am just left astounded at times by your comments and constant digs at other supporters/stands

Ohmi I asked.......And the point would be? To which you replied, Because I'm free to do so. That doesn't answer my question, yes you're free to do so but why join us if you have no intention of singing? This is what I don't understand. I've already said the seats in the corner aren't the best but feel free hopefully you'll be the minority of 'non-singers'

And yes Simon does have a BRFCS user name. That first reply was mainly aimed at Mark it was because you wrote not welcome/unwelcome and I assumed it was Mark because he's the only one that quotes the facebook page on here but you hadn't seen my comment, that's funny because you had quite a bit to say about it ;)

Mark, you must just read my posts on the facebook group, it has been mentioned before about a song, maybe we should just chant 'sing your hearts out for the lads' and it was a quote from arguably one of the best films ever made, his Mum's fella in the film got the message.

I'm only winding you up. I have no intention of going in the Darwen End. But my answer was an answer to your question.

I have seen the comment after it had been pointed to my attention. And I disagree with what you said on the page. You may have been quoting a film. But it look like you meant what you said about people not being welcome.

Mark, you must just read my posts on the facebook group, it has been mentioned before about a song, maybe we should just chant 'sing your hearts out for the lads' and it was a quote from arguably one of the best films ever made, his Mum's fella in the film got the message.

sing your hearts out for the lads, yeah that works!! 100 times better than taking it upon yourself to hint (slyly or not) to people that they are not welcome to sit where they choose :) after all everyones on the same side, just keep reminding yourself that

OK I will do, like I said I thought it was a nicer way of saying "f*#* off" and I just love the way Edward Norton says "NOT WELCOME" he's just brilliant in that film.

Oh and I have an idea for the back row to all wear t-shirts spelling out *S*I*N*G Y*O*U*R H*E*A*R*T*S O*U*T, a letter on each t-shirt. I don't think that spreadshirt website is as cheap as zazzle but if anyone knows any cheap custom t-shirt websites please let me know.

OK I will do, like I said I thought it was a nicer way of saying "f*#* off" and I just love the way Edward Norton says "NOT WELCOME" he's just brilliant in that film.

Oh and I have an idea for the back row to all wear t-shirts spelling out *S*I*N*G Y*O*U*R H*E*A*R*T*S O*U*T, a letter on each t-shirt. I don't think that spreadshirt website is as cheap as zazzle but if anyone knows any cheap custom t-shirt websites please let me know.

i just don't think there should be anyway of telling them to do that used, nicely or not tbh. if it wasn't your idea in the first place then sorry, i must have missed the original post.

as for the t-shirts, good idea. but please leave a person/space between each word lol - doesn't look right when it's read as one long word lol

I got some t-shirts printed in Accy that were cheap enough.

http://www.giftprint.co.uk

"Oh and I have an idea for the back row to all wear t-shirts spelling out *S*I*N*G Y*O*U*R H*E*A*R*T*S O*U*T, a letter on each t-shirt. I don't think that spreadshirt website is as cheap as zazzle but if anyone knows any cheap custom t-shirt websites please let me know."

You can f+*k off if your taking my seat on the back row , unreserved seating or not ;)

Archived