BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

• Backroom

I would think it extremely unlikely that a full 19 game season ticket in the Darwen End will be available next year - no matter what investment has/will come in, the club still need to maximise gate income. However, I think there is a good chance that there will be an opportunity to pay upfront for 19 home games next season (or on direct debit), with guaranteed tickets for the three games where you will need to move.

How about a 23 game one :blink::o

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's in the hands of the fans... sell enough Season Tickets and it wont be possible to allocate an away team 7,000+ tickets ;)

As already mentioned, there is a very good chance that next season the ticket will be one price to include the moves, hopefully that will get more takers and the other half of the stand used. We currently have 2,000 ST holders with 2,250 spaces available in the half stand - only 250 match tickets go on sale each game.

• Backroom

I said after the Spurs game and the BBE's treatment of Keith Andrews I would move to the DE but only if I could get a full season ticket I think.

As O2G said though the club wont only give the likes of United half the stand when there are empty seats elsewhere in the ground

• Moderation Lead

I was more remarking on the full season ticket in the DE as really, other teams get 5,800 tickets (or thereabouts) who could no doubt fill it- Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal etc.

Plus, making grand assumptions on Venky's finances!

If Man United/City/Scouse Red got the same, they'd still be getting a fair amount of tickets, plus Rovers S/T holders wouldn't miss out on any games.

We currently have 2,000 ST holders with 2,250 spaces available in the half stand - only 250 match tickets go on sale each game.

Really?? :blink: Never seems that full to be honest.

Cant see the club ever stopping United & Co from taking the full stand....our fans pay just over £10 a game, the big clubs sell 8k tickets at £35+ a ticket.

Really?? :blink: Never seems that full to be honest.

Cant see the club ever stopping United & Co from taking the full stand....our fans pay just over £10 a game, the big clubs sell 8k tickets at £35+ a ticket.

You have to remember that the club have to leave 10% of seats free as it's unreserved seating so there will always be some holes. If you take account of the 10% the half stand has been pretty full recently.

We'll never stop Man U, City and Liverpool getting the full end unless we somehow go back to the title winning days and can comfortably fill 25,000 seats ourselves. Look at the attendance against Liverpool this season, there must only have been about 19,000 Rovers fans at that match. If we start cutting the big boys allocations down by 2-3,000, thats not only £100,000 per match we're throwing away, its the risk of them pouring into uncontested home sections. Its shocking just how many away fans get tickets in the Jack Walker for the 3 big games and the problem would be twice as bad and a major police concern if we didn't give those clubs their full 7,000. Regardless of demand I expect the club to only make 2,000 season tickets available for the Darwen End again next season. I'm sure they'd rather have a first come first served basis and then see those who don't make the cut fill up gaps in the other stands.

Regarding the 19-game season ticket idea where we're automatically moved for the other 3 as part of the original price, I don't see why they didn't just do that in the first place. People don't want to buy an additional 3 tickets at more than double the price they're paying for the other games on their season ticket. And yet I'm sure 90% of Darwen Enders would want to attend those games, why buy a 16-game season ticket if you don't wanna watch the others? The club is wasting money and losing fans on those 3 games by not including them on the DE season ticket.

I'm sure Ben knows about this site ;) looking at the products but just come across someone selling Rovers merchandise on Spreadshirt, as l've said in a previous post the shop owner doesn't seem to be taking commission.

Personally hats off to anyone looking to get support going in any way :brfc:

Plenty of Blue Brigade stuff on there too for you young pups ^_^

Edit - Suppose a link might be an idea :blush:

Edit - link removed by Admin.

Regarding the 19-game season ticket idea where we're automatically moved for the other 3 as part of the original price, I don't see why they didn't just do that in the first place. People don't want to buy an additional 3 tickets at more than double the price they're paying for the other games on their season ticket. And yet I'm sure 90% of Darwen Enders would want to attend those games, why buy a 16-game season ticket if you don't wanna watch the others? The club is wasting money and losing fans on those 3 games by not including them on the DE season ticket.

One reason for the 16 game ticket was to provide a very low entry price point at £150 and I presume some sales were driven by this. Having said that I would expect both 16 game and 19 game tickets to be sold next season.

I'm sure Ben knows about this site ;) looking at the products but just come across someone selling Rovers merchandise on Spreadshirt, as l've said in a previous post the shop owner doesn't seem to be taking commission.

Personally hats off to anyone looking to get support going in any way :brfc:

Plenty of Blue Brigade stuff on there too for you young pups ^_^

Edit - Suppose a link might be an idea :blush:

Edit - link removed by Admin.

There was a shop being set up, not sure if it had actually started being advertised though. I know there was a lot of issues with copyright etc which was a big head ache apparently.

Any reason why the link was removed SteB?

I would imagine it was because they didn't ask Admin first - posting a commercial link for personal gain WITHOUT permission is not good form :rover:

Bang on. Wouldnt have been an issue if we'd been asked first.

• Backroom

I thought the Jack flag looked good but the noise seemed a little disappointing, to be fair the Blackpool fans were loud at 2-0 then shut up again once we scored.

Was it a tangerine numpty shouting during the minutes silence?

I thought the Jack flag looked good but the noise seemed a little disappointing, to be fair the Blackpool fans were loud at 2-0 then shut up again once we scored.

Was it a tangerine numpty shouting during the minutes silence?

It was a Blackpool fan.

The DE was okay, but I thought the BBE was dead. No passion at the start of the game, and barely complained when we went behind. Just couldn't be arsed it seemed.

Disappointing for such a big game. Made some noise as we attacked, but not enough.

It was a Blackpool fan.

The DE was okay, but I thought the BBE was dead. No passion at the start of the game, and barely complained when we went behind. Just couldn't be arsed it seemed.

Disappointing for such a big game. Made some noise as we attacked, but not enough.

Gotta disagree with you. Considering it was such an important game, all four sides of the ground were shockingly poor today :(

If we cannot get 'up' for a 6point local relegation ding-dong Lancashire hot-pot game, we gotta start asking oursleves 'do we want premierleague football in Blackburn?'

.....judging by a large proportion of the crowd today, the answer looks like we`re not really arsed either way.

:(

Gotta disagree with you. Considering it was such an important game, all four sides of the ground were shockingly poor today :(

If we cannot get 'up' for a 6point local relegation ding-dong Lancashire hot-pot game, we gotta start asking oursleves 'do we want premierleague football in Blackburn?'

.....judging by a large proportion of the crowd today, the answer looks like we`re not really arsed either way.

:(

Behave!

yesterday was months of nerves and anger coming to the fore, it reminded me very much of Nottingham forest in '99.

I saw tears, heads in hands, booing, arguments, certainly 'arsed'.

Couldnt really tell what the flag was - is there a pic of it?

Atmosphere was poor yesterday, Blackburn End were poor when the team was poor - Darwen End was very quiet.

As for Blackpool - their away support was supposedly going to shock us?! Ha never heard them much, except for when it was 2-0.

Archived