BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Hope it works out for you, it may even attract a few people who normally sit there to join you.

I am yet to get tickets for tomorrow but may get DE ones.

The problem is, as it's unreserved it's first come first served. The reason the section naturally formed in the corner was non-singers would arrive early and claim the best seats, with many of the singers arriving at 2.55pm!

Sat in the JW stand today - loved the banter you gave 'fatty' in the QPR side!

right firstly let me say this post is in no way against the whole concept of what the Darwen end is about.

I was browsing the "blue brigade - official facebook group" this morning and am disturbed by a discussion they were having on the home page.

they wish to adopt the famous "love song" 'truly, madly, deeply by savage garden as our new club anthem! you know how it goes:

"i wanna stand with you on a mountain

i wanna bathe with you in the sea

i wanna lay like this forever

until the sky falls down on me"

now some of the comments on there are cringeworthy, i have no problem with the darwen end trying to sing this and see if they can take it off, even though it appears not to be everyone's cup of tea.

however they have said in the comments that this could be our anthem, like stoke city's "delilah" or Liverpool's "you'll never walk alone"

they have even emailed the club's marketing director asking them to start playing it before the games as oppose to the version of no nay never that is currently played.

surely if this was to be granted, it would suggest too much influence is being given to a small section of supporters, I mean imagine if you was at an away game and the home side came out to a love song, which was being sang along to by the supporters?

c'mon guys surely?

Yes it did cause quite a stir on there...

I don't think it was directly requested for that to be played but I think the current No Nay Never has run it's course and is difficult to join in with so I think it was used as an example for a replacement.

It's not my first choice either but if people want to start singing it, then fair enough i've no objection but I too don't think it's the best, however the concept of having our own anthem does appeal and is something which I think would be excellent.

What happened to the Final countdown?

Gotta admit it`s a bit gay :unsure: lol

I for one won`t be joining in with a 'girly' tune like that. I`ll leave that up to the shellsuits-tucked-in-socks section of the Blue Brigade :lol:

I thought our 'anthem' was :-

What do you think of Burnley?......s##t!!

what do you think of s##t?......Burnley b######s t###s & c###s.....f#####s!!! (p##s f###s!!)

followed by

ooooooooOOOOOOOHHH!!!

We hate Burnley & we hate Burnley.

We are the Burnley haters.

It is most definitely OUR song :rover:

;)

An anthem would be great. Savage Garden would make us a laughing stock. Something which the Blue Brigade seem to be on a mission to do.

Blue Brigade are not on a mission to do anything of the sort, we are on a mission to introduce flags, drum, encourage more supporters etc etc. This was just one suggestion, it doesn't suddenley mean the club are going to play it at the next home game!

If members wish to discuss it then that's fine, it's an open forum. If people don't want to sing it, they won't!

I don't think it was directly requested for that to be played but I think the current No Nay Never has run it's course and is difficult to join in with so I think it was used as an example for a replacement.

The quote from the group admin was "just emailed marketing director at the club asking if they could perhaps play this before the matches"

sorry but we have 20,000+ supporters, the fact a group of a few hundred who are divided on the subject feel they have a right to request a change like this is insulting in my opinion, i can GUARANTEE that the majority of overall supporters would be embarrassed with this as an anthem!

the final countdown? i used to love the boys coming out to that tune! those were the days

The quote from the group admin was "just emailed marketing director at the club asking if they could perhaps play this before the matches"

sorry but we have 20,000+ supporters, the fact a group of a few hundred who are divided on the subject feel they have a right to request a change like this is insulting in my opinion, i can GUARANTEE that the majority of overall supporters would be embarrassed with this as an anthem!

the final countdown? i used to love the boys coming out to that tune! those were the days

Sorry didnt see that... i'm sure many people do that also, but that doesn't mean to say it's going to be played!

EDIT - it was mentioned at the bottom of a lengthy email on another subject, so please don't think this is something that is in the pipe-line!

the idea of getting an anthem is brilliant, however the idea should be, get it going, let it spread - then we know it works. there is no way on this earth that "truly, madly, deeply" will take off enough to spread round the ground. find a song that does - then try get it played and make it our own.

all is singing this as a love song will achieve is to pump up visiting supporters by giving them a stick to beat us with

They also try and divide support and have a pompous attitude about themselves. They have stolen Accy's songs and at Newcastle they were singing 'stand up for the Darwen End'. Why would you do that?

And the Villa song, which is tedious.

They also try and divide support and have a pompous attitude about themselves. They have stolen Accy's songs and at Newcastle they were singing 'stand up for the Darwen End'. Why would you do that?

This is getting ridiculous now, Stand up for the BBE has been heard too! The songs Accy sing that we have done are from abroad - again copied!

Re the drum... the BBE one was on the front row leading to inconsistant timings to the people singing, we're seeing if we can do it differently and have it amongst the singers on a TRIAL basis.

Not replying anymore, sorry if anybodys not happy... feel free to PM me if there's anything I can do.

Cheers.

And the Villa song, which is tedious.

That was started AT Villa in the cup and most sang it... not a Darwen End invention

Archived