BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

Hope this song really works now just to rub it in, its one of many songs, was simply a suggestion, how do you think other clubs get anthems started, they all have to start somewhere but at this club more people seem happier with that rubbish version of no nay never that is played, much prefer the original of that to be played

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a silly idea and deserves knocking.

like i have previously said i am not knocking the concept of what they are trying to achieve. however a few things are embarassing to the club,

the whole incident of inflated condoms

the singing at bolton station of "lets pretend we scored a goal" when we had done :s

the singing for the darwen end at away games like newcastle, may i remind people rovers won that match not the D.E

the premature protest against stoke city, from people claiming to be "supporters". our fan's dont behave like the idiots at newcastle and never have done with silly knee jerk reactions.

the idea of having this song played pre-match, or as a club anthem must be stopped because quite franky we would all p1ss ourselves if another club did this when we visited their ground.

and as someone already mentioned above, the "Blue brigade" is a term i would rather not use, yet apparently soon we will be able to buy blue brigade memorabilia, well to me this is a division of the clubs support.

I fully support the idea of the Darwen end helping to create a better atmosphere around ewood park, which is what i thought it would be all about. Singing songs such as this will not spread around the ground - so fails what i hoped it would achieve. There are some brilliant idea's coming from the Darwen end yet equally there are bad ones, we all have bad idea's but we all don't go emailing the marketing dept with them just cos 10 of our mates in the pub think it's a good idea!

and please "in our ranks" your football fans - not the army!

Hope this song really works now just to rub it in

absolutely no chance lol

I think the idea of an anthem is good. But they need to think it through first and have something good.

At Sunderland they were singing let's pretend we scored a goal. Embarrasing. Singing who needs Mourhinio when we've got Steve Keano at two down too lol :S.

In concept the Blue Brigade was a good idea, but the group are annoying a lot of people I know.

Hope this song really works now just to rub it in, its one of many songs, was simply a suggestion, how do you think other clubs get anthems started, they all have to start somewhere but at this club more people seem happier with that rubbish version of no nay never that is played, much prefer the original of that to be played

I don't. I would genuinely hate it if this song ever got adopted by Rovers fans. You lot can sing it, by all means, but I will stick my fingures in my ears... Rovers would be a laughing stock and I would guarantee there would be some choice homophobic remarks made about us if we did.

like i have previously said i am not knocking the concept of what they are trying to achieve. however a few things are embarassing to the club,

the whole incident of inflated condoms

the singing at bolton station of "lets pretend we scored a goal" when we had done :s

the singing for the darwen end at away games like newcastle, may i remind people rovers won that match not the D.E

the premature protest against stoke city, from people claiming to be "supporters". our fan's dont behave like the idiots at newcastle and never have done with silly knee jerk reactions.

the idea of having this song played pre-match, or as a club anthem must be stopped because quite franky we would all p1ss ourselves if another club did this when we visited their ground.

and as someone already mentioned above, the "Blue brigade" is a term i would rather not use, yet apparently soon we will be able to buy blue brigade memorabilia, well to me this is a division of the clubs support.

I fully support the idea of the Darwen end helping to create a better atmosphere around ewood park, which is what i thought it would be all about. Singing songs such as this will not spread around the ground - so fails what i hoped it would achieve. There are some brilliant idea's coming from the Darwen end yet equally there are bad ones, we all have bad idea's but we all don't go emailing the marketing dept with them just cos 10 of our mates in the pub think it's a good idea!

and please "in our ranks" your football fans - not the army!

absolutely no chance lol

As i've said we welcome constructive criticism... one or two of the things mentioned above have either been isolated incidents (condom) or could have been from any section (Bolton station).

The club are happy for us to create our own memorabilia, like Ewood Blues have done for example with badges, scarves etc. we're not making any money out of it personally just using any money made towards flags or whatever members would like to see.

The song over the speakers was just one person's suggestion, im sure they get many and I doubt it will be played.

I'm not into bickering, so will refrain, but I am certainly a Rovers fan and would love it if all 4 sides of the ground were singing and if necessary had their own little supporters groups!

:brfc:

Is it the "Blue Brigade" who act like kids and waste all their beer at away games, spraying them at every opportunity?

Come on, be fair... that's been happening for as long as I can remember... let's not pin everything on Blue Brigade.

Mark, they're certainly not my thoughts, I think he was maybe aiming the comment at the odd posts that were just generally slating the group, rather than to everybody as a whole. We WANT Ewood to be bouncing!

We WANT Ewood to be bouncing!

we all want Ewood to be bouncing, but somebody who is hoping a song catches on just to "rub it in"? sounds like we are back in school!

most people don't want it to catch on - that's why it won't. if i was in the minority i wouldn't claim i hope i get my own way just to "rub it in"

maybe it's not your views, but alot of people hold the belief that this attitude runs high in "your ranks"

we all want Ewood to be bouncing, but somebody who is hoping a song catches on just to "rub it in"? sounds like we are back in school!

most people don't want it to catch on - that's why it won't. if i was in the minority i wouldn't claim i hope i get my own way just to "rub it in"

maybe it's not your views, but alot of people hold the belief that this attitude runs high in "your ranks"

Certainly hope not, you'll always get some though... but I don't get that vibe when i'm in the Darwen End tbh... don't think i'd be happy myself if I was surrounded with that sort of attitude.

There are some people on here who just completely hold a grudge trying to pin recent incidents on the blue brigade when it could have been any tom dick or harry, we want ewood to be as good as you lot but yet people take every opportunity to knock us, has the atmosphere not improved lately? People forget every one who goes in the DE isn't necessarily part of the Blue Brigade, as for saying this song won't work, it allready has, judging by the reaction of many it won't become an anthem, but what will be will be, let's all get on together, coyb

My advice for you lot:

Have a good sing song (carry on as you are, some excellent noise last weekend).

Knock the drum on the head.

No gimmicks like Savage Garden.

Carry on with your plans for flags and banners.

Stop the superior fan rollocks.

Superior fan ? What are you on about, everybody is entitled to sing their own songs, that's why we managed to get the singing section started we don't have an attitude of oh that's crap why are you singing that we just get on with it, I'm not trying to cause an argument I just won't accept people making things up like we are trying to have such a song changed to this etc, we have never said that at all and that's what I wanted to get across

• Backroom

I do think the statement in your signature Azzy sounds like a pop at other 'Supporters not Spectators' just doesn't sit right really, maybe that's where the percieved superiority feelng comes from.

I hope you can either move to the centre of the Darwen End or to the JW side eventually to help the atmosphere.

Would it be worth having them in the JW?

I felt they let us down over the last month (and that is aimed at large amounts of singers throughout the ground, not just the balls brigade). If things started going wrong would they still support the team, or just sing songs about chicken and turn Jack Walkers song on its head and make it a protest song? I fear they would be a negative influence.

Incidentally, I'm all for them singing songs and creating atmosphere (and overall I think they've done a great job over there), I just question their intelligence and at what times they can be trusted to be a positive influence.

(That was supposed to sound as condescending as it came across)

I do think the statement in your signature Azzy sounds like a pop at other 'Supporters not Spectators' just doesn't sit right really, maybe that's where the percieved superiority feelng comes from.

like their facebook page which states

-BLUE BRIGADE-

Blackburn Rovers F.C - Singing Section - Darwen End Lower

"Supporters Not Spectators!"

THIS IS A SINGING SECTION, SING OR, F***!! OFF,,,, SIMPLES!

I just won't accept people making things up like we are trying to have such a song changed to this etc, we have never said that at all and that's what I wanted to get across

"just emailed marketing director at the club asking if they could perhaps play this before the matches"

"the no nay never they do now is ridiculously rubbish isn't it, I like this one , anybody listened to the other puma advert song the eurovsion one thats good as well. At first i thought the same thing about this song its a bit funny but I think it works, each to their own"

u sure about that because these comments were taken from the blue brigade facebook page! and they were spoken by the apparent "fearsome leader" who ironically is called Aaron B? Azzy_b ;)

Yeah and where does it say replace you imbicile, you are taking 2 and 2 and making 5 out of this it was merely a suggestion as for the stupid comments about fearsome leader at least I had the balls to dedicate my time and money to try and help improve the atmosphere instead of criticising why don't you come and stand with us and we will happily have a go at singing anything you think would be "more suitable", I think people are taking this singing section too seriously we only want to make ewood once again loud and colourful, end of

Oh what have I started :lol: it was me who posted the lyrics on the facebook group because we sung the first verse and the chorus against QPR but none of us knew the lyrics to the second verse, so I thought I'd make a song sheet, post it on the group so people could discuss the song and print it off for the next home game and we'd try it again.

To me it's just a song, if it doesn't get going we will try something else and move on but the reaction by some on here is quite worrying, we just want to sing and most singing sections at other clubs have a name, we're the Blue Brigade and even this is being questioned, some of the songs we sing are copied from Italian ultra groups but people are against this too and I don't understand why, the Stevenage players were blasting out the Dale Cavese in the dressing room after they beat Newcastle, it's one of the best football chants in the world.

But if you want, keep the criticism coming, 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' and we're getting stronger every game.

This is my favourite btw, no doubt this will be knocked too!

Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ola

Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ola

Oh Blackburn Roverssssssssssss

La La La La La, La La La La La

Yeah and where does it say replace you imbicile, you are taking 2 and 2 and making 5 out of this it was merely a suggestion as for the stupid comments about fearsome leader at least I had the balls to dedicate my time and money to try and help improve the atmosphere instead of criticising why don't you come and stand with us and we will happily have a go at singing anything you think would be "more suitable", I think people are taking this singing section too seriously we only want to make ewood once again loud and colourful, end of

firstly if your going to call somebody an imbecile, don't make the schoolboy of error of not being able to spell the damn word proper, or else it has a tendency to make yourself look like one!

i am not the one claiming a song has taken off after admitting 30 people sing it, when its quite clear that its unwanted. most people dont want it playing before the game, accept it and move on instead of thinking you can email the club and ignore the thoughts of majority of the fans.

and as for getting personal with insults - what do you expect from someone who hopes a terrible song takes off to simply "rub it in" to the main batch of supporters, and from someone associated with a group who tells paying supporters to "F. OFF" just because they dont go down to sing karaoke songs!

like i said i admire what you are trying to achieve, but the way you are all going about it makes it difficult for the majority of supporters to be happy about.

• Backroom

Well if the Stevenage players were singing Dale Cavase it must be good.

I don't know maybe on a grand scale it sounds OK but so far at Ewood it sounds crap.

Has anyone come up with a song for Junior yet?

firstly if your going to call somebody an imbecile, don't make the schoolboy of error of not being able to spell the damn word proper, or else it has a tendency to make yourself look like one!

YOU'RE!

Archived