BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to be pedantic, you know what I mean. People from the Blue Brigade whinged people came to the corner and didn't sing.

And you're just going to sit where people will have been sitting all season.

Unreserved... its not pedantic, its fact.

Sit where you want, first come first served.

It's like saying I sit in the same place every day to work on the bus... doesn't mean you have an automatic right to it :rolleyes:

I just think it's selfish. You were being pedantic 'cos you knew what I meant. Why did one your mates moan then about people going in the corner and not singing? It's the same principle.

A lot of people will be annoyed if you do go through with it.

I just think it's selfish. You were being pedantic 'cos you knew what I meant. Why did one your mates moan then about people going in the corner and not singing? It's the same principle.

How is it Selfish?. The whole reason behind Un-Reserved is that people can sit where they want? Otherwise it would be Reserved.... People know the consequences of sitting in The Darwen End when they buy the ticket (hence the reason why they have the choice where to sit when buying it), as you never know where you will be sat.... :rover:

Because we care about what we are doing, if people just come to sample the atmosphere it will gradually turn out like the BBE did.

The concept of unreserved seating is as it says on the label... also 10% is left empty as the rules state so plenty of room for everybody. By moving to the middle we're trying something new to improve things. It's not a permanent thing necessarily,

You'd argue with yourself in an empty room. You don't even sit in the Darwen End do you? Stop trying to cause an unnecessary stir for your own enjoyment.

Just to chuck a spanner in the works. You guys usually sit in the top corner, right? How would you feel if you got to a game and the whole top corner had been taken over with a big group of very quiet fans? Would you not feel that they'd taken 'your' seats, even though it's undeserved.

I think that's the point ohmi is rightly trying to make.

Not at all, Hence the reason behind why the Darwen End has become a Un-reserved section is due to the Blue Brigade being able to locate where ever we want... otherwise we would have asked for it to be Reserved and for us all to have our season tickets there. We only located there during the start up of the group, and with it growing now is the time to move....

Therefore they could sit there all they want....

Ricky, quiet people have sat in the seats in the corner, it happened against Fulham I had to stand in the second block from the end because my usual seat in the corner was taken, we just move along.

Just to chuck a spanner in the works. You guys usually sit in the top corner, right? How would you feel if you got to a game and the whole top corner had been taken over with a big group of very quiet fans? Would you not feel that they'd taken 'your' seats, even though it's undeserved.

I understand the point, but surely as it is unreserved seating this shouldn't be an issue... we started in the corner as a base so that people knew where we were as they were the last seats to be taken... now we have grown we would like to try out another part of the stand to see if it works... people suggested on here that it came across louder V QPR which was one of the major factors in trying it for a league game.

I think if it was Jesus who once said... " if the flip flop isn't broke, don't fix it" ...... Mathew 10:17

However much you wish it the darwen end isn't going to be the kop, rovers fans arent suddenly going to turn Greek and start jumping in unison, they are not going to turn into Italian ultras and bring flares and masks into the ground....

Just let people go the the game have a laugh and sing without trying to change everything for no apparent reason

When did it all have to get so cheesy?

I think if it was Jesus who once said... " if the flip flop isn't broke, don't fix it" ...... Mathew 10:17

However much you wish it the darwen end isn't going to be the kop, rovers fans arent suddenly going to turn Greek and start jumping in unison, they are not going to turn into Italian ultras and bring flares and masks into the ground....

Just let people go the the game have a laugh and sing without trying to change everything for no apparent reason

When did it all have to get so cheesy?

There's nothing wrong with trying to help things get better though I don't think... one or 2 things are cheesy yes but its all about what you said - having a good time!

The 'Flag and scarf day' is an example of that.

Thanks for the comments though, hope you will try the middle out with us too... you never know it might turn out to be the best thing we ever did.

Right, people who know me will know that a number of years ago I went through a phase of making up chants to awful songs. Many were constructed half cut wandering around some back end of nowhere trying to find an away ground (Crystal Palace and Maine Road spring to mind). I dare not put them on here before for fear of ridicule, but since I have had some strong Belgian beer I'm ready to share....

Matt Jansen (to the tune of I'm in the mood for dancing by the Nolans!)

He's in the mood, Matt Jansen, Matt Jansen,

He's gonna score us a goal tonight!

Brett Emerton (to Walzing Matilda)

Brett Emertooon, Brett Emertooon, you'll sing a Brett Emerton with me,

And we'll stand, as we watch and,

Wait until he scores a goal,

you'll sing a Brett Emerton with me... (I was VERY proud of this at the time).

I made a cracker up for Vratislav Gresko to Madonna's La Isla Bonita......but I haven't had quite enough beer to release that one just yet - and didn't see it catching on.

P.S. Ben - I think the darwen end singing section is a cracking idea and long may it continue. If people don't like it, there are thousands of other seats to pick!

• Backroom

As long as it's even across the board the undeserved thing is fair but I imagine members of the blue brigade wouldn't be happy if they turned up one day and only scattered seats spread across the stand were left.

Also if you were to leave a flag covering a seat and went back to the concourse you couldn't expect that seat to still be available on return. I know if there were 10 or so lads trying to save a few rows for all their yet to arrive mates where I wanted to sit I'd just sit there anyway.

I do think moving to the middle is a good thing everytime as long as it's amicable and the people who regulary sit there don't get stick for staying there and not joining in.

I usually sit in the middle, and like to get on the back row - I can't be stood an entire game for health reasons and there isn't enough leg room to be sat for me further down (hence back row). I would love to sing more but I need my voice for work at night after the games. I just hope you guys turn up when the gates open, or others will already be there, that's from experience ;)

I'll just pop over the other side, nearer the JW stand, presuming the inside gate is open, makes no difference.

Good luck chaps.

B

You'd argue with yourself in an empty room. You don't even sit in the Darwen End do you? Stop trying to cause an unnecessary stir for your own enjoyment.

It's frustrating because my father-in-law sits in the middle and he won't be able to stand for 90 minutes. Yet, if loads of people stand there he won't be able to see the game. He's paid his money like the rest of us and it wouldn't be fair.

I've no problem with standing and singing (which is good) but it shouldn't be at the expense of others. You're doing a fine job where you are and it works.

That's what I was trying to get across.

It's frustrating because my father-in-law sits in the middle and he won't be able to stand for 90 minutes. Yet, if loads of people stand there he won't be able to see the game. He's paid his money like the rest of us and it wouldn't be fair.

I've no problem with standing and singing (which is good) but it shouldn't be at the expense of others. You're doing a fine job where you are and it works.

Rule 1: Life is not fair; (tell your father-in-law) - get used to it!

Just to throw my two penneth in. Do the stewards and police currently allow fans to stand all game because they are tucked away up in the corner? How would they react to fans standing all game in the middle of the stand, especially if other fans are complaining they can't see the game?

I'm not having a go at the idea, I think its great, but just be aware that the stewarda may have something to say about pockets of fans standing in the middle of the stand. I know various sets of away fans do it but that tends to be the whole stand and trying to get 2,500 to sit down would be neigh on impossible.

It does create a great atmosphere and as a DE ST holder I'm all for it but without causing issues for others.

Archived