BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

Ye we did try, the usual lot moved to the middle but loads seemed to be in the corner that had never been there before, they sung louder so we moved back at half time, :lol: all the fuss on here, all I meant was no one can argue it's not fair to lose their usual seat when it's unreserved seating, it was quite funny being called a prick though.

Haha agreed, but being spread out seemed to make the noise reverberate a bit more around the ground, definitely think some moving to the middle helps. On TV it is noticeable, Dale Cavese (don't like it but whatever) and 'Rovers make some noise' were clearly audible on Sky, normally just a murmur! :brfc:

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously?? I was in the bottom left of the Darwen End and West Brom out sang us the whole way through, could hardly here our lads in the Darwen End and nobody round where I was sat sang at all. Couldnt hear the Blackburn End either, I thought the atmosphere was awful today.

Ye we did try, the usual lot moved to the middle but loads seemed to be in the corner that had never been there before, they sung louder so we moved back at half time, :lol: all the fuss on here, all I meant was no one can argue it's not fair to lose their usual seat when it's unreserved seating, it was quite funny being called a prick though.

Maybe it was mercermen seems to judge most people on first impressions. :(

Seriously?? I was in the bottom left of the Darwen End and West Brom out sang us the whole way through, could hardly here our lads in the Darwen End and nobody round where I was sat sang at all. Couldnt hear the Blackburn End either, I thought the atmosphere was awful today.

You must of been at a different game then.... The West Brom fans where probably some of the worst fans we have had at Ewood for a while.... they sung once at the end and that was it. On the whole though the Darwen End was brilliant again today, we need to get more flags going, it looked real good when flags where being waved.... Happy Rover Tonight! :rover:

I saw the BRFCS flag and another flag on the seats and then 3 waving when we scored in the corner.

What happened did some of you sit in the middle and some in the corner still?

West Brom fans were silent today until they decided to sing insulting Blackburn 2 minutes from time.

the other flag was mine ..... out of interest, where was the BRFCS one?

I borrowed the flag off Glenn for todays game, a steward said to put it in the corner where no one sits so we had to put it in the Darwen End corner at the Jack Walker stand side. Bit gutted cos l didn't see it once on tv when l watched the game on Sky+.

EDIT: We did manage to collect about 60p on the flag thanks to the generous Albion fans and my son who was in wind up mode today :P

Always depends where you are. If you sit right below the away fans and as far away from the Rovers singers in that tier as its possible to be then its gonna sound rubbish. Top right next time and you'll notice the difference!

Did West Brom actually bring any fans? If so they were church mice.

West Ham….sorry Brom, fans were pathetic.

£10 a ticket and they came in a taxi…poor, poor support.

Those that did bother to turn up sang for 10 minutes in the 1st half total & the last 10 minutes when it was clear they were getting nothing – AGAIN!

Outside I heard a few West Brom fans singing ‘You sold your club to Chicken Madras’ – perhaps they prefer not having quality brought in like RSC & Jones.

As for the Darwen End Crew….when you were split those in the middle couldn’t be heard, 2nd half you could hear the corner lot sing abit more.

We ended up sitting a bit further over towards the middle, but still in the 2nd block in from the left. It got a bit confusing at times. The middle & top corner sections were starting different songs at the same time & we didn`t know who to join in with :unsure:

During the 1st half, i`d have to say the corner group just edged it for volume. Alot more migrated back for the 2nd half & it was almost back to normal up there.

A good little experiment, but in all i think the top corner has the edge. They`re not blocking anybody`s view & it just seems right up there :)

Yes there was definately a split. Was worth a try though and can safely say it will be back to the normal corner for the Spurs game!

Surely the 'standing in the middle' experiment can only be judged when the Darwen End is split between home and away fans. That was the key to the QPR game being such a success ... the banter between the two sets of fans.

Surely the 'standing in the middle' experiment can only be judged when the Darwen End is split between home and away fans. That was the key to the QPR game being such a success ... the banter between the two sets of fans.

I agree. It probably would`ve been better.

Yes there was definately a split. Was worth a try though and can safely say it will be back to the normal corner for the Spurs game!

Normal corner sounds so much quieter on TV though, the middle seems to reverberate a lot more!

We're going to have another go at having a 'Flag Day' for the Tottenham game. Many flags were refused entry at the WBA game due to the type of stick/pole used. We have now had clarification of what is acceptable so should be better this time round!

Anyone who is interested in bringing along a flag, feel free to get in touch with me if you are unsure of what is and what isn't allowed in. The size of the flag itself isn't an issue.

Glenn, i'm sure somebody would be willing to collect the BRFCS flag (myself if necessary) and display it in the Darwen End again.

Up the Rovers :brfc:

PS - there are no plans to re-locate to the middle for the forceeable.

PPS (sorry) - the club have offered to store any fan flags so that we don't have to keep fetching and carrying every game - so that option is there too ;)

Well done Ben. You and the other Darwen End organisers are doing a great job. I'm an older fan and I remember when the Darwen End was our end in the 60's. Since we've taken it back the atomosphere at Ewood has improved immensely. Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work.

I'll second that - great effort Ben especially speaking to the club about the flag situation. As for the BRFCS flag it needs more outings than it's currently getting (sorry Glenn ;) If Ben can't take it on a game l'd be happy to do the honours again.

OK before i start my rany can i say that i think what the darwen end people are trying to acheive is a good thing and it has improved the atmosphere at games.however it is now time for my rant. i was stood near a group of the darwen end chavs at villa on saturday. You say you are supporters not spectators how is singing off off off to Andrews supporting your team yes he was frustrating but there is no need for that. secondly give up with the Andy Porter song who really cares about some sad dingle who didnt even make it to the right place. Thirdly please dont do the savage garden song fools rush in would be a lot better song the savage garden song sounded awful when being sung by 20 lads whos balls are just about to drop. Finally to the lad who thought it was funny walking around the services shouting ###### every 10 seconds for no reason grow up.I agree with what you are trying to do by creating an atmosphere and keep up the good work but dont ruin it by getting on the players backs thats what the riverside is there for and dont ruin it by becoming d1cks and giving the club we love a bad name

OK before i start my rany can i say that i think what the darwen end people are trying to acheive is a good thing and it has improved the atmosphere at games.however it is now time for my rant. i was stood near a group of the darwen end chavs at villa on saturday. You say you are supporters not spectators how is singing off off off to Andrews supporting your team yes he was frustrating but there is no need for that. secondly give up with the Andy Porter song who really cares about some sad dingle who didnt even make it to the right place. Thirdly please dont do the savage garden song fools rush in would be a lot better song the savage garden song sounded awful when being sung by 20 lads whos balls are just about to drop. Finally to the lad who thought it was funny walking around the services shouting ###### every 10 seconds for no reason grow up.I agree with what you are trying to do by creating an atmosphere and keep up the good work but dont ruin it by getting on the players backs thats what the riverside is there for and dont ruin it by becoming d1cks and giving the club we love a bad name

Loving Pancini's rant SPOT ON fella

• Backroom

Pancini is bang on with his points other than they may not have been darwen enders there's no way to know is there?

I suppose if they were singing savage garden there's a good chance they were though

Pancini is bang on with his points other than they may not have been darwen enders there's no way to know is there?

I suppose if they were singing savage garden there's a good chance they were though

TCO they were Darwen Enders i recognise a few of them from seeing them in there at home games

I know some of the Blue Brigade folk and there is no chance they would have been the chavs at Villa Park. Maybe a few folk haven't been away for a while but we have this minority of nasty fans who appear at many away games and have been since before the Darwen End singers started. No doubt a few may sit in the Darwen End at Ewood but they are nothing to do with the fans trying to improve the atmosphere there.

I know some of the Blue Brigade folk and there is no chance they would have been the chavs at Villa Park. Maybe a few folk haven't been away for a while but we have this minority of nasty fans who appear at many away games and have been since before the Darwen End singers started. No doubt a few may sit in the Darwen End at Ewood but they are nothing to do with the fans trying to improve the atmosphere there.

I'd like to contradict that, I know about 30 people who sit in the Darwen End who are the group the guy was talking about (I presume).

They're all decent lads and I have been away with them before, but the random service station behaviour / Savage Garden singing is probably them. Most are like 15-16.

Although that's true, most weren't in the Darwen End til this season I don't think.

Archived