BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

Sambo yeah you are right with the ages i think we are talking about the same people. I dont want to tar all the singing section with the same brush but some of the actions of these people will ruin the good work that alot of you are trying to put in there are people like yourself Azzy_b and RIML who seem to genuinely want to make a difference but unfortunately the actions of some of these people will lead to other supporters not wanting to join in with you

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

O2G I'm with you on it's certainly won't have been the likes of Si or Ben that's for sure. There is an element of young lads who go to away games and act like morons, these were prevalent at Bolton last year singing the Owen coyle song.

I imagine they have located themselves in the Darwen End but aren't a part of the initiative.

Sambo yeah you are right with the ages i think we are talking about the same people. I dont want to tar all the singing section with the same brush but some of the actions of these people will ruin the good work that alot of you are trying to put in there are people like yourself Azzy_b and RIML who seem to genuinely want to make a difference but unfortunately the actions of some of these people will lead to other supporters not wanting to join in with you

I agree, it all gets chavvy and annoying, some in the group are sound and less annoying, but some just try and act like mini hooligans. Walking past home fans on the street hours before kick off chanting abusive songs at them? Do me a favour, grown men aren't scared of 15 year old wanabees! :unsure:

I'll add it pancini.

I'm surprised you give me some credit :) I thought after what I said on the other page about 'life not being fair' ruffled a few feathers with some people who took it the wrong way but I'll take this opportunity to say sorry.

I didn't go to Villa but I'm friends with a few of the younger Darwen End lads on facebook and they mentioned about the Andy Porter song and how they had a great time. I suppose that's what it's all about, going to football matches and just enjoying yourself but at the same time you have to make it enjoyable for others too and if you got a bad impression from the lads it's not very good.

As for Keith, I'll admit I made a song up about Jermaine Jones and the last line was 'and he sh*ts on Keith Andrews' I was trying to be funny but a few guys have already said it goes against what the Darwen End is about, I've had my telling off I'm sure if I mention about this behaviour they'll hopefully listen to me.

RIML i will give you credit as a lot of what you post on here makes sense and i understand your trying to make a difference you post some (rap to (joking)<BR><BR>I know that its all about having a good time and enjoying yourself and i have no problem with that i just dont see how cheering about a sad dingle and getting on a players back will get the players motivated.<BR><BR>keep up the good work and im sure ewood will become a better place to be

Know which group you mean and in defence of them they also started most of the songs at West Brom, playing a major role in one of our best away atmospheres/results of the season. Sure they probably get carried away and sing/do things not everyone approves of but who didn't when they were 15-17 years old? Unlike this lot, the previous generation's equivalent were getting into real fights and causing real trouble when they followed football at that age. And at the end of the day they show more die-hard support, vocally, financially and loyalty-wise than the 95% of our fans who don't follow the club everywhere. I'm just glad they don't gloryhunt Man Utd like most of their mates probably do, at least we'll have some passionate fans still bringing their kids to games in 15 years.

Know which group you mean and in defence of them they also started most of the songs at West Brom, playing a major role in one of our best away atmospheres/results of the season. Sure they probably get carried away and sing/do things not everyone approves of but who didn't when they were 15-17 years old? Unlike this lot, the previous generation's equivalent were getting into real fights and causing real trouble when they followed football at that age. And at the end of the day they show more die-hard support, vocally, financially and loyalty-wise than the 95% of our fans who don't follow the club everywhere. I'm just glad they don't gloryhunt Man Utd like most of their mates probably do, at least we'll have some passionate fans still bringing their kids to games in 15 years.

Agreed on that, but they weren't the only ones starting chants, loads were in that corner.

Think it's a maturity thing, hopefully most will grow out of some of the more immature things in a few years.

I do admire their loyalty though, I'm as bad as them for loyalty. Although they have occasionally gone Stanley instead of Rovers :huh::P

Flag and Scarf day again for the Spurs game... had a few denied entry at WBA but we now have clarification on the pole sizes.

Should be good :)

Missing it again, can't get over from Cardiff :(

Hopefully will be good boys, coyb :brfcsmilie:

What's wrong with just turn up and sing day??

I've lost count of how many people I've spoke to in the darwen end now who are moving out because of your little teeny bopper cheesy theme days......

And before you turn round and say "we are better off without them, these are people who sit in the corner EVERY match, outsing the pretenders who decide to move to the middle and have been singing their hearts out for the last few seasons in there........ The people who actualy started the "singing section off"

Savage garden ??? I know if I was at an away ground and heard the opposition fans singing that I would be laughing my head off at them

I've lost count of how many people I've spoke to in the darwen end now who are moving out because of your little teeny bopper cheesy theme days......

And before you turn round and say "we are better off without them, these are people who sit in the corner EVERY match, outsing the pretenders who decide to move to the middle and have been singing their hearts out for the last few seasons in there........ The people who actualy started the "singing section off"

Savage garden ??? I know if I was at an away ground and heard the opposition fans singing that I would be laughing my head off at them

What's wrong with having a flag/scarf day. If you don't like it you don't have to join in. I've spoken to people young and old in the Darwen End who are very happy there, so by all means if it's not for you, you have the choice to re-locate.

'Turning up to sing' is the norm in the Darwen End... adding a bit of colour only enhances the atmosphere. The club love what's happening in there, long may it continue.

The move to the middle was something that was tried to see if it would work. It didn't, so that won't happen again except maybe in the cup as it worked well against QPR for those that bothered to turn up.

Agree with you on Savage Garden, never was a fan of that and will never happen!

Agreed on that, but they weren't the only ones starting chants, loads were in that corner.

Think it's a maturity thing, hopefully most will grow out of some of the more immature things in a few years.

I do admire their loyalty though, I'm as bad as them for loyalty. Although they have occasionally gone Stanley instead of Rovers :huh::P

I noticed a group of Stanley fans at the last home game I went to. They were sticking fingers up and shouting at the fans in the upper tier. Not very impressive.

However I'll be there giving my all tomorrow and would prefer to be in the middle if that's were the singers are heading.

On a slightly different note, now it's become obvious that the rowdy Crowd go to the corner I have noticed families going up there to savour the atmosphere. However I have been told to sit down on numerous occasions. (which I do without hestitation) but that then takes me away from adding to the atmosphere.

This would be an idealsituation to trial 'safe standing'

I noticed a group of Stanley fans at the last home game I went to. They were sticking fingers up and shouting at the fans in the upper tier. Not very impressive.

However I'll be there giving my all tomorrow and would prefer to be in the middle if that's were the singers are heading.

On a slightly different note, now it's become obvious that the rowdy Crowd go to the corner I have noticed families going up there to savour the atmosphere. However I have been told to sit down on numerous occasions. (which I do without hestitation) but that then takes me away from adding to the atmosphere.

This would be an idealsituation to trial 'safe standing'

I've often though that SAS, would be a very ideal place to trial it.

Nobody sits in the end block, or part of the next one... just squeeze in mate ;)

• Backroom

I've often though that SAS, would be a very ideal place to trial it.

Nobody sits in the end block, or part of the next one... just squeeze in mate ;)

Not meaning to pick at you here but isn't that last point one that the police and the club object to? You cant have more people in a row than there are seats.

Not meaning to pick at you here but isn't that last point one that the police and the club object to? You cant have more people in a row than there are seats.

Sorry, should have been a bit clearer... there are usually some spaces in the end block, I didn't mean it to sound like I was encouraging overcrowding :)

As I've said before the improved atomosphere in the Darwen End has to be encouraged and applauded. In the 60's and early 70's Rovers fans were seen as some of the most passionate in the country. As an 8 year old I remember the old Darwen End really rocking. However 'passion' can at times boil over into violence and Ewood was a tempestuous place in those days. From then onwards we gradually seemed to lose that fervant support.Things tend to go from one extreme to the other. I'll always put it down to the fans being relocated to the old Blackburn End in 1970 ( I think) with its cantilever roof. Just didn't have the acoustics of the old Darwen End. The next generation of Rovers fans ( ie mine!!) didn't get organised and the atomosphere got worse and worse until it almost became non-existant. Ewood became a dull and boring place, perhaps with the exception of the Premiership winning era.

So to all the new generation who started the Darwen End Singing Section, you deserve a pat on the back......Big Sam certainly approved of your efforts and gave you credit for Rovers improved home record. You've bringing back the old days to Ewood but with a modern twist. Flags, drum ( soon!), whistles and constant vocal support which drowns out the moaners, complainers and the away fans. Yes there will be teething problems with some of the younger supporters but let's not be too critical. They'll grow up and learn to behave. Lets have a scarf and flag day every home match. The message to everyone who makes a choice to come into the Darwen End is join in the fun and sing your hearts out.........and don't stop until the final whistle!!!

As I've said before the improved atomosphere in the Darwen End has to be encouraged and applauded. In the 60's and early 70's Rovers fans were seen as some of the most passionate in the country. As an 8 year old I remember the old Darwen End really rocking. However 'passion' can at times boil over into violence and Ewood was a tempestuous place in those days. From then onwards we gradually seemed to lose that fervant support.Things tend to go from one extreme to the other. I'll always put it down to the fans being relocated to the old Blackburn End in 1970 ( I think) with its cantilever roof. Just didn't have the acoustics of the old Darwen End. The next generation of Rovers fans ( ie mine!!) didn't get organised and the atomosphere got worse and worse until it almost became non-existant. Ewood became a dull and boring place, perhaps with the exception of the Premiership winning era.

So to all the new generation who started the Darwen End Singing Section, you deserve a pat on the back......Big Sam certainly approved of your efforts and gave you credit for Rovers improved home record. You've bringing back the old days to Ewood but with a modern twist. Flags, drum ( soon!), whistles and constant vocal support which drowns out the moaners, complainers and the away fans. Yes there will be teething problems with some of the younger supporters but let's not be too critical. They'll grow up and learn to behave. Lets have a scarf and flag day every home match. The message to everyone who makes a choice to come into the Darwen End is join in the fun and sing your hearts out.........and don't stop until the final whistle!!!

Really well said!!

I think tomorrow will show everybody the true intentions of the Darwen End!!

The atmosphere is going to be top notch!

Well done Darwen Enders!!

• Moderation Lead

Still think the top right corner is the best place to be tbh. Not so sure about this move to the middle at all.

There's still a load more noise coming from the corner anyway! :rover:

What's wrong with having a flag/scarf day. If you don't like it you don't have to join in. I've spoken to people young and old in the Darwen End who are very happy there, so by all means if it's not for you, you have the choice to re-locate.

'Turning up to sing' is the norm in the Darwen End... adding a bit of colour only enhances the atmosphere. The club love what's happening in there, long may it continue.

The move to the middle was something that was tried to see if it would work. It didn't, so that won't happen again except maybe in the cup as it worked well against QPR for those that bothered to turn up.

Agree with you on Savage Garden, never was a fan of that and will never happen!

which doesnt include you because u never ;)

and surprisingly i actually think the flag and scarf idea is one of the better idea's they have had. so good luck to them, it will look great if it really takes off

Staying in the corner but will now start filling at the front due to restrictions with the flags and drums

Just to follow on from this... there is no restrictions on the location of fans' own flags, but the very large one that will be on show tomorrow will be at the front. The drum will be a bit higher up.

Archived