BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The group actually has 484 members. If there's one thing I can't stand about the Blue Brigade its their wild exaggerations about their numbers. You'll be telling us you have 300 drums and more flags than there is seats in the ground next. Its embarassing to the club and is probably down to everyone who sits in that bit of the Darwen End being a 15 year old chav. If I manage to spot one of these idiots carrying 6 flags, blowing a whistle, standing up in front of me whilst constantly banging 2 drums I won't be renewing my season ticket and will be writing to the club about it.

Isnt 484 nearly 500 members? Ben did say NEARLY 500 members and 484 isnt far off 500

The group actually has 484 members. If there's one thing I can't stand about the Blue Brigade its their wild exaggerations about their numbers. You'll be telling us you have 300 drums and more flags than there is seats in the ground next. Its embarassing to the club and is probably down to everyone who sits in that bit of the Darwen End being a 15 year old chav. If I manage to spot one of these idiots carrying 6 flags, blowing a whistle, standing up in front of me whilst constantly banging 2 drums I won't be renewing my season ticket and will be writing to the club about it.

Yes, nearly 500 as I said. We put a vote out, what more can we do? We haven't 'dictated' we put it to the vote.

Some of you seem to think certain people say 'right we're doing this' your wrong, we have had 2 meetings with the club and put out a general invite the first time round. The club are happy with what is happening.

As for wild exaggerations, everyone in that part of the DE is a 15yo chav? I'm 26 for a start and many more are around my age, as well as the 15yo's and older people.

I can only explain the recent things we have been trying out... all to try and further improve the atmosphere. If you'd prefer me not to post on here with updates I will gladly stop.

Im actualy warming to the idea of scarfs and flags as long as theyre not like those crappy cheesy chelsea flags they give away and wave about in europe and dont think it will restrict anyones view because if they are being used in the corner the only people behind will be in the singing section anyway

Oh absolutely not!!!

Home made one's and one or two bought from places such as Ebay :)

Every suggestion on here is usually moaned about... moving to middle, flags, drum... even the name of the group and I doubt many of the complainents actually sit in the Darwen End. All we're trying to do is look at and try out new idea's. Long may it continue as to go back to how Ewood was 2 years ago would be awful.

I have been right behind you from the start, the atmosphere ever since we 'took back' the DE for the last 3 home games of the relegation fight has been much better at Ewood, Blues in all 4 stands is what we all want.

however, forcing drummers onto the Ewood crowd WILL NOT go down well!

Have to work on my sarcasm I guess. That was a **** take of all the moaners having a pop at any ridiculous thing they can.

Or I should be a bit more switched on to notice such posts :lol:

I have been right behind you from the start, the atmosphere ever since we 'took back' the DE for the last 3 home games of the relegation fight has been much better at Ewood, Blues in all 4 stands is what we all want.

however, forcing drummers onto the Ewood crowd WILL NOT go down well!

Sorry, that wasn't aimed at everyone obviously. There's been a drummer in the BBE for over 10 years, and still is. We just want to trial one to be used in a slightly different way. It's not necessarily a permanent thing, just a case of see how it goes like with the move to the middle and flag/scarf idea.

I think it will work well, but that's just me, maybe some feedback after the game would be fair enough, after the event? :tu:

Yes, nearly 500 as I said. We put a vote out, what more can we do? We haven't 'dictated' we put it to the vote.

I had a look on the Facebook page. I sit in the Darwen End but I'm not a member of the Facebook group so I'm not sure how much I can actually see as a visitor so I apologise in advance if I'm missing something.

I was looking for a vote but all I could find was a discussion thread called "Drummer in the DE" started on 11 February 2010, with the last post being in September. There were a total of around 10 people contributed to that discussion and not all of those who contributed were in favour.

I had a look on the Facebook page. I sit in the Darwen End but I'm not a member of the Facebook group so I'm not sure how much I can actually see as a visitor so I apologise in advance if I'm missing something.

I was looking for a vote but all I could find was a discussion thread called "Drummer in the DE" started on 11 February 2010, with the last post being in September. There were a total of around 10 people contributed to that discussion and not all of those who contributed were in favour.

Yes, there is that discussion, as well as wall posts in the past which I believe would appear on members 'walls'.

The general opinion from people I have spoken to would suggest that most would be in favour too... and I suppose there is only one way to find out. We'll soon see how it goes tomorrow but let me stress it's not going to be 'boom boom lets hit it as hard as we can' It will compliment rather than dictate the singing.

Again, it will only be a permanent thing if it goes down well, this is just a trial run.

I sit in the Darwen End and am the wrong side of forty. The support in here is excellent but I am not to sure about the drummer from Blackburn End experience. HOWEVER, let the lads and lasses in the corner give it a try and if it dosent work fair enough. People will complain for complaining sake sometimes and dont like change.

COYB

I can only explain the recent things we have been trying out... all to try and further improve the atmosphere. If you'd prefer me not to post on here with updates I will gladly stop.

Although I am never going to agree with you about a drum, I very much welcome the updates you post on here and I am glad you have continued to contribute to this thread. I hope you continue to do so. Thank you.

Although I am never going to agree with you about a drum, I very much welcome the updates you post on here and I am glad you have continued to contribute to this thread. I hope you continue to do so. Thank you.

Appreciate the comments :)

That's what a messageboard is all about, opinion, this particular board seems to have heated debates on many subjects which is no bad thing.

COYB!

I sit in the Darwen End and am the wrong side of forty. The support in here is excellent but I am not to sure about the drummer from Blackburn End experience. HOWEVER, let the lads and lasses in the corner give it a try and if it dosent work fair enough. People will complain for complaining sake sometimes and dont like change.

COYB

I too am the wrong side of forty & agree the support in the Darwen End is excellent at times. Gotta admit i`m not too keen on the drummer idea tho.

The banter in the DE can be brilliant, especially when the away fans want the crack. Spurs are usually quite vocal & should be up for the banter tomorrow, so i`m looking forward to a great atmosphere :tu: in there.

Let`s hope we give old droopy`s team a good northern spanking tomorrow night & send them home wi nowt!!

COYB!!! :rover:

Ha ha what's all the fuss about! We bang on the advertising boards and the side panel things why is that so different to a drum? Is it because it's a little bit louder? Louder noise is a good thing to me. I'll be there with my 'cheesy' whistles, if people think the noise is annoying, drone the noise out yourself by singing and clapping, the only reason people notice these things is because they're thinking too much and listening to us, don't think about the noise and listen to it, join in and be apart of it, blow your whistle woop woop :P

• Backroom

You know what the Darwen End really needs?

vuvuzela4.jpg

I'll be your dream, I'll be your wish, I'll be your fantasBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Seriously though I think they are doing well enough without a drum but things grow and have to be tried out I suppose.

LOL @ TCO

That is one step too far, but you never know :lol:

Seriously though on your last point, that is the idea... we want to try out new things. Will see how it goes and will be keen to seek feedback following the Spurs game. It will be a different 'style' of drumming, that is the best way I can put it :wacko:

• Backroom

I don't sit in there so have no qualms over way over the drum but you have shown yourself to be fluid in trying things and going back if they are not working ala the move to the centre which can only be good.

• Moderation Lead

If there's enough noise in the DE (which there is for the most part to be fair)- then why the need for a drum? It just gets really annoying like that sh**e song 'Woaah etc'.

I'm all for change and improving the atmosphere, and really appreciate the fact that the DE is now the best place for atmosphere in Ewood, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. :rover:

Thought the atmosphere was great in the DE tonight (first half especially). No complaints about the drummer - seemed to add to the atmosphere without overdoing it.

Ben - l'm not on Facebook, how's the fund for the JW flag going?

Archived