BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

No it doesn't - he has had plenty of opportunity to come out and advise of his unliking of it be it in the Match Programme, The Big TV at the Ground etc

He's the Captain ffs and therefore has a mouthpiece more than the rest of the squad.

I aint no racist but it does my head in when things get taken out of the context of what they are and people turn it into something its not - its a football song at the end of the day sang to give appreciation of the player and that is exactly what is should be taken for

Alot of fans didn't like him handing in a TFR request but you don't hear them condemning him for it.

And just for the record - I like Samba but if he doesn't like it he needs to come public about it.

Exactly, it's not a recent song either.

It's a reference to his skin, just like we make a reference to his height. Both are factual but only one of the facts seems to be an issue when infact both could be used (in another context) as insults. In this case however neither are insulting and as we know the song is complimentary of Chris.

As you said nobody from the club has come out and even mentioned the song as an issue and I feel if Chris was offended by it they would have done straight away.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did put one together a fair few years back that I posted in the Song section

To the tune of In the Navy

'Admiral Nelsen he comes from Overseas

...... Admiral Nelsen from the country of N Z ( zee)

.........Admiral Nelsen he brings strikers to their knees

..........He's a Kiwi He's a Kiwi '

I prefer the one in my sig ;) I found it on this website it was an All Whites blog before the World Cup.

This is good too but it's usually sung by lower league clubs (up the football league we go)

E I E I E I O

E I E I E I O off to Africa we go

And when we win the trophy this is what we'll sing

We're the All Whites

Super All Whites

Nelsen is our King

Also I searched for "feel good" songs and on one website there was a couple of songs - Under The Boardwalk and On Top Of The World (Carpenters), both sung by FC United so when I have time I'll search for some more and hopefully I'll find a song that we can have as our anthem.

I don't think so far anyone has been able to say conclusively one way or the other whether Samba likes the song or not.

However, singing songs is surely designed to encourage the players and the team, so IF it is the case that he doesn't like the song then it would seem like a bad idea to sing it.

I doubt that Samba will come out publicly one way or the other to express any opinion on it for the following reasons:-

Firstly, it is sung with the best intentions by fans who love him, so he would not want to upset them over it.

Secondly, although it could be interpreted as racist that is certainly not the intent, and as someone has pointed out it is factually correct.

Thirdly, can you imagine the reaction of opposing fans if he made a statement that he didn't like the song. They would immediately start singing a variation of it to try and annoy him, so it would end up much worse.

Personally I do think it is time the song was retired on the grounds that it has been around a while. There are a few other suggestions on here for songs that I would much prefer to hear.

Song:

In the style of "heartbeat" (TV)

Mauro,

Mauro Formica

Fill in the blank! The first bit works well though!!

Already thought of this and we decided on - please score a goal for me.

I wanted 'oh Mauro Formica' to the tune of Seven Nation Army so we could have 'Ruben Ruben Rochina please score a goal for me' and 'oh Mauro Formica' what you reckon?

Already thought of this and we decided on - please score a goal for me.

I wanted 'oh Mauro Formica' to the tune of Seven Nation Army so we could have 'Ruben Ruben Rochina please score a goal for me' and 'oh Mauro Formica' what you reckon?

Works well enough, maybe..?

Mauro

Mauro Formica

Our argenTINE (with emphasis on the TINE)

won't you score a goal for me!

to the tune of ...I love you baby/your just too good to be true

Your just too good to be true,

I cant take my eyes off of you,

Youve got a heavenly first touch,

And you didnt even cost all that much,

At long last you have arrived,

Hitched a private jet for a ride,

Your just too good to be true,

I cant keep my eyes off of you,

oooooooohhhhhhh

MAURO FOR MEE CAA, your my little Argentine,

MAURO FOR MEE CAA, your not Monaco's your mine,

Mauro formica, trust in me when I say,

MAURO FOR MEE CAA, your my little Argentine,

MAURO FOR MEE CAA, your not Monaco's your mine,

Mauro formica, you destroy other teams when you play,

naaa na na naaa na nanananananaaa

naaa na na nana na nanananananaaa

naa naa naa naaa naaaaaaa

na na na na na naaaaa

RIML epitomises everything wrong with the Darwen End.

any supporter who suggests that the blue brigade should create a song aimed at fellow rovers supporters - aiming to point out that if they don't sing - they are not welcome!, in my eyes needs to take a long look at themselves.

the blue brigade continually state they are not aiming to create an us v's them attitude, then their members come out with comments like this. clever!!

and for your information RIML, if somebody is paying to sit in the darwen end, they are welcome to do so - whether you like it or not!!

any supporter who suggests that the blue brigade should create a song aimed at fellow rovers supporters - aiming to point out that if they don't sing - they are not welcome!, in my eyes needs to take a long look at themselves.

the blue brigade continually state they are not aiming to create an us v's them attitude, then their members come out with comments like this. clever!!

and for your information RIML, if somebody is paying to sit in the darwen end, they are welcome to do so - whether you like it or not!!

The Facebook wall acts in the same way as a MB does and is bound to attract different opinions, hence the note saying views do not necessarily represent those of Blue Brigade, same rule applies on here i expect.

I do understand the point about people not singing in the 'singing section'. It evolved a such and people standing in silence defeats the object and dilutes the noise.

Not sure why this has been dragged up again after so long, but never mind!

Anyway - something positive to speak of. We're hoping to arrange a flag display for the Blackpool game. A few mins before KO until KO. We have plenty of flags now so hopefully we'll give it a go!

Any of you older Darren Enders ever thought of reprising the 70's record 'By Gum We'll Make it a Day'? It'll be pretty original in this day & age

I remember hearing it at some point, although I wasn't born until '84

The boys brigade haven't sung the last couple of games

Not that I've heard anyway, atmosphere has been going downhill faster than a nun with no brakes.

Maybe try and up the noise before anything else.....

This isn't a dig by the way, the atmosphere has been dire..... You lot don't seem to join in any more

I think the posts you are relating to is about the group in S01 rather than the whole DE. I'm sorry but it is frustrating when you get the 'hangers on' - it hinders what we are trying to do. It's partly why the BBE went the way it did. But please feel free to challenge anything you don't like on there too. It's an open forum and you don't have to be a Darwen End'er to post, though I expect those who like to post anonymously are put off Facebook groups as you are not really able to do so.

Slats - the noise wasn't the same certainly in the last game, again people wanting to be part of the singing area created, but not contribute to it. Another hinderance though was that the Newcastle fans were very noisy :o I go home from every game hardly able to speak though, a far cry from the Riverside days :D

Any of you older Darren Enders ever thought of reprising the 70's record 'By Gum We'll Make it a Day'? It'll be pretty original in this day & age

mmmmm .. .interesting jumpin - i'm not a Darren ender but this has been pondering in my mind for a while.

This has been raised previously some time back on here ... can't remember who by though - your good self ? /gav? - I am sure somebody will put us straight though

'BY GUM WE’LL MAKE IT A DAY!

Never give in, go out to win,

For ever will be our aim,

And here’s a song to help us along the way,

Blackburn Rovers, good old Blue and White

For our name’s sake, to play is our delight

Whoever we’re playing

We’ll never be failing

In giving our best – to test the rest

At home or away.

Our name is ranked among the all-time greats,

Never say die, we know the time will come to celebrate

For we are the Rovers, we’re proud of our colours,

On and on, we’ll carry to victory,

For our colours we’ll be scoring

For the Rovers they’ll be roaring

Whoever may come < > By gum we’ll make it a day'

Love it - remember the words now :tu:

Whoever we’re playing

We’ll never be failing

At home or away.

mmmmm .. .interesting jumpin - i'm not a Darren ender but this has been pondering in my mind for a while.

This has been raised previously some time back on here ... can't remember who by though - your good self ? /gav? - I am sure somebody will put us straight though

Whoever we’re playing

We’ll never be failing

At home or away.

Yes, yes and thrice yes! Get it sung! :tu:

I think the posts you are relating to is about the group in S01 rather than the whole DE. I'm sorry but it is frustrating when you get the 'hangers on' - it hinders what we are trying to do. It's partly why the BBE went the way it did. But please feel free to challenge anything you don't like on there too. It's an open forum and you don't have to be a Darwen End'er to post, though I expect those who like to post anonymously are put off Facebook groups as you are not really able

I do understand your frustration about people coming up and not singing. But no one has the right to tell people they are not welcome in a section of the Darwen End. Especially as it's unreserved ;). It's well and good saying it's not the views of the Blue Brigade, but the member who said it was one the Blue Brigade's staunchest supporters.

DE is slowly turning into the BBE.

Although there's loads more season ticket holders in here now, I'd say there's a maximum of 350 people that sing. The rest have little/no interest in singing, and are beginning to Moan.

DE is slowly turning into the BBE.

Although there's loads more season ticket holders in here now, I'd say there's a maximum of 350 people that sing. The rest have little/no interest in singing, and are beginning to Moan.

Don't think it's a lost cause yet... but need to turn it around for the Blackpool game!

Archived