BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

"Oh and I have an idea for the back row to all wear t-shirts spelling out *S*I*N*G Y*O*U*R H*E*A*R*T*S O*U*T, a letter on each t-shirt. I don't think that spreadshirt website is as cheap as zazzle but if anyone knows any cheap custom t-shirt websites please let me know."

You can f+*k off if your taking my seat on the back row , unreserved seating or not ;)

I'll be buying the t-shirts, you'll just need to wear it ;)

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'll be buying the t-shirts, you'll just need to wear it "

deal

just having a bit of fun trying to work out what other words we could spell with those shirts,

was never any good at countdown though

:wstu:

"I'll be buying the t-shirts, you'll just need to wear it "

deal

just having a bit of fun trying to work out what other words we could spell with those shirts,

was never any good at countdown though

:wstu:

"our naughty stories"

"Our youngsters a hit"

you can always get "You ruttish oranges" swap the "tt" for a "BB" And it'll work against Blackpool :P lol

This thread is turning into a personal debate between about 3/4 people - which is a shame as I think (this season inparticular) the Darwen End has added much to the atmosphere at Ewood. For what its worth the seems to be more people just standing and not singing, a situation I think the club will only allow to continue for a certain length of time. IMO the BB are trying to hard to create atmosphere, just let it develop and grow as it was doing very well.

Seems to me ohmibrfc and mark1875 have got some kind of strange obsession with the whole group. Presumably quite into the idea (can't see why you'd bother to continuously post about it for months on end otherwise) but feel the need to pick at and bring to account any slip-up or overstepping of the line on here or the facebook group. The criticisms of the drum, flags, whistles, moving to the middle, RIML, (have I missed anything out?) were pedantic and needlessly negative IMO. However on this occasion I actually agree.

The atmosphere freeloaders have definately made a start on ruining it, 100 singers next to each other (last season) can create more noise than 300 spread out (this season) so its depressing to say the least to see this problem seeping in as it did with the Blackburn End. And personally I've no problem with letting them know how destructive and irritating they're being by plonking themselves in the middle of the section and then refusing to sing. Freedom of speech and all that, I've a right to say it and they've a right to answer back (or "deal with it").

However trying to force anyone to move is going too far I agree. It'd be divisive, unpleasant and rightly met with short shrift from anyone it was suggested to. Its just one of those things you have to live with, Rovers fans on the whole haven't been a passionate bunch since the 60s/70s and even most of the noisier ones will only sing when we're winning. Trying to change that overnight is never gonna happen but its something to work towards, and if it gets too much like the Blackburn End we could always move back there! :)

This thread is turning into a personal debate between about 3/4 people - which is a shame as I think (this season inparticular) the Darwen End has added much to the atmosphere at Ewood. For what its worth the seems to be more people just standing and not singing, a situation I think the club will only allow to continue for a certain length of time. IMO the BB are trying to hard to create atmosphere, just let it develop and grow as it was doing very well.

Just what I was going to say. A group of enthusiastic fans getting together and organising their day so as to add to the atmosphere----------what's wrong with that? Too easy to have a go at someone all the time.

As for who sits where, that solves itself in a no reserved area. As for standing that's a matter for the stewards. However watching other games on tele,no-one behind either goal seems to sit down at all!

Ok Scally it is, can we go old school and say townie?

I think part of the charm of the singing section is it's fan driven but maybe something from the club to make the end block an official singin section may help.

That would be wrong for the club to do. What will it say on the ticket, "only those who sing can come into the darwen end".

People who wear a scalf, a Rovers shirt, just clapping and being in attendance, without singing is supporting the team and the club.

Rovers fans on the whole haven't been a passionate bunch since the 60s/70s and even most of the noisier ones will only sing when we're winning. Trying to change that overnight is never gonna happen but its something to work towards, and if it gets too much like the Blackburn End we could always move back there! :)

What does that even mean? There is nobody more pasionate than me, my friends and family, a couple of my mates sit in the RIVERSIDE (shock horror) and they don't sing non stop- however they haven't missed a game home or away for 5 years!

Just because our fans as a whole dont take their shirts off like those Passionate Geordies and just because the whole fanbase does not want to stand in a corner of the Darwen End singing 'shoes off for the Rovers' does not mean we 'lack passion'.

What does that even mean? There is nobody more pasionate than me, my friends and family, a couple of my mates sit in the RIVERSIDE (shock horror) and they don't sing non stop- however they haven't missed a game home or away for 5 years!

Just because our fans as a whole dont take their shirts off like those Passionate Geordies and just because the whole fanbase does not want to stand in a corner of the Darwen End singing 'shoes off for the Rovers' does not mean we 'lack passion'.

How do you know there isn't anyone more passonate than you, your friends or your family if you don't know what the word means and you don't know every Rovers fan personally? The Darwen End Singing Section has been the most refreshing supporter development at Ewood for many a year. Just a few young supporters that took it upon themselves to organise and attempt to improve the atomosphere at Ewood. Well done to them for garnering other Rovers fans to their cause and if they could swell their numbers ten fold what a difference it would make. Constantly bereating them on sites like this won't help.

Let's face it if it wasn't for the 'Darwen End Singing Section' Ewood would now be a 'Completely Non Singing Ground' Up until their intervention , Ewood was a dreary place to visit. We just turned up and only sang when we scored or when we were winning and that was only for a short period. No wonder the Dingles called it Deadwood. No wonder our support was regarded by many away fans as the worse they'd ever seen or heard ( or not heard as the case may be). Thank goodness that's now changed even if not all supporters have welcomed it.

I'm not saying that you, your family and your friends aren't loyal, dedicated and faithful Rovers fans but as Big Sam inferred after his departure, the opening up of the Darwen End to Rovers fans and the noisy support that has emanated from there has given the players a real boost. We should be encouraging their work and not constantly criticising it.

Up the Rovers

I have encouraged it from day one, seeing a barren Darwen End when a club brings a few hundred fans was horrendous to see.

I have enjoyed looking across the ground to see 4 stands of Roverites. However, Ewood was no worse than most other grounds for atmosphere pre 'taking back Ewood' but I agree, it is now better than a lot of grounds.

'Passion' does not only equate to singnig for 90 minutes, this kind of thinking from the 'Brigade' needs knocking on the head. To say rovers fans have 'lacked passion' since the 60s is a ridiculous statement.

ps. who cares what the blumming Dingles say! t'Turf has a shocking atmosphere the majority of the time.

Seems to me ohmibrfc and mark1875 have got some kind of strange obsession with the whole group. Presumably quite into the idea (can't see why you'd bother to continuously post about it for months on end otherwise) but feel the need to pick at and bring to account any slip-up or overstepping of the line on here or the facebook group. The criticisms of the drum, flags, whistles, moving to the middle, RIML, (have I missed anything out?) were pedantic and needlessly negative IMO. However on this occasion I actually agree.

The atmosphere freeloaders have definately made a start on ruining it, 100 singers next to each other (last season) can create more noise than 300 spread out (this season) so its depressing to say the least to see this problem seeping in as it did with the Blackburn End. And personally I've no problem with letting them know how destructive and irritating they're being by plonking themselves in the middle of the section and then refusing to sing. Freedom of speech and all that, I've a right to say it and they've a right to answer back (or "deal with it").

However trying to force anyone to move is going too far I agree. It'd be divisive, unpleasant and rightly met with short shrift from anyone it was suggested to. Its just one of those things you have to live with, Rovers fans on the whole haven't been a passionate bunch since the 60s/70s and even most of the noisier ones will only sing when we're winning. Trying to change that overnight is never gonna happen but its something to work towards, and if it gets too much like the Blackburn End we could always move back there! :)

Let's hope there's no need for anybody to move back to the BBE. It has been good at times in the Darwen End this season... we seem to do better against teams with a smaller following.

I have encouraged it from day one, seeing a barren Darwen End when a club brings a few hundred fans was horrendous to see.

I have enjoyed looking across the ground to see 4 stands of Roverites. However, Ewood was no worse than most other grounds for atmosphere pre 'taking back Ewood' but I agree, it is now better than a lot of grounds.

'Passion' does not only equate to singnig for 90 minutes, this kind of thinking from the 'Brigade' needs knocking on the head. To say rovers fans have 'lacked passion' since the 60s is a ridiculous statement.

ps. who cares what the blumming Dingles say! t'Turf has a shocking atmosphere the majority of the time.

I agree that just because a person chooses not to sing at a football match, does not mean they have less passion tha those that do. It is also good to hear the darwen enders chant and respect to those who do so. Good to see people in the dawen end and not just empty seats. Just because one person sings and another chooses not to, doesn't make one person better than another. Sadly I get the impression from reading this thread that those that sing are considered better supporters than those who do not -which is riddculous.

This thread gives an extremely bad impression of the DE. I'd considered moving there next season but wouldn't do so now.

Paul, this thread is dominated by a few individuals, there are over 1500 season ticket holders in the Darwen End - come and give it a try before the end of the season. Totally different to your lofty pearch of the JW, as I thankfully found out ;)

Fair point about Turd Morgue. I suppose I'm obsessed with our Yorkshire rivals due to the fact I was born in Accrington and my Dad and one of my brothers have been lifelong Dingles. It was painful in the 70's

I tend to agree with Blue and White though. My first game was Rovers v Crystal Palace in 1966, just after relegation from the old 1st Division, and in my experience Rovers fans were a lot noisier in the 60's and 70's. ( lets drop the word passion as it has different meanings to different people) I'll always point to the move of Rovers fans ( on police instructions) to the Blackburn End from the Darwen End in the 70's as a big sea change. Since then the atomosphere has worsened decade by decade, with a blip in the early 90's. It's only recently that things have begun to pick up again.

I just think the organisers behind the Darwen End Singing Section are genuine young fans who want the best atomosphere possible at Rovers and they get a little frustrated with people who want to stand with them, enjoy the 'buizz' but don't contribute. I find that totally understandable.

• Moderation Lead

I just hope next season that full season tickets are offered in the DE. If we have had a cash injection, there should be no need to give the full stand to away teams any more.

Bring the price in line with the BBE/Riverside (assuming pricing remains the same/similar)

and give us a full season in there! :rover:

I have never criticised the idea of the drum, in fact i agreed with Ben's post as to the reasons it didn't work in the Blackburn end.

I have never criticised the idea of using the flags, infact i stated it was one of their best idea's and said how great it would look

I have never criticised the use of whistles

I was not criticising their planned move to the middle, i was questioning the attitude of one of the posts about it! then later i simply used it as an example of other people moving from the middle being the same situation. but i repeat i never criticised their move to the middle.

RIML yeah i have criticised her attitude at times and i will stand by that, her post about people having to put up with them moving could have been worded much better, and the idea to sing towards those who don't sing i agree with my opinions, which you have also agreed with. its called constructive criticism not having a go

So out of the 5 things you haven't missed out - u get 1, maybe half ;)

Can't believe how wrong you are there. I never criticised the drum, flag or whistles so you are just writing crap there. I had an issue with Savage Garden song. Yes moving in the middle too, but the Blue Brigade are now complaining people are going in the corner and not singing so it evens that out.

Paul, this thread is dominated by a few individuals, there are over 1500 season ticket holders in the Darwen End - come and give it a try before the end of the season. Totally different to your lofty pearch of the JW, as I thankfully found out ;)

Agreed. Paul you know what messageboards are like. At least give it a try for a game and form your own opinion :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

The DE needs to live up to and indeed exceed expectations for Saturday's game, we can't possibly allow ourselves be outsung by those tangerine mugs, and we absolutely need to get behind the boys and give them the support they so desparately need! COYB :rover:

I just hope next season that full season tickets are offered in the DE. If we have had a cash injection, there should be no need to give the full stand to away teams any more.

Bring the price in line with the BBE/Riverside (assuming pricing remains the same/similar)

and give us a full season in there! :rover:

I would think it extremely unlikely that a full 19 game season ticket in the Darwen End will be available next year - no matter what investment has/will come in, the club still need to maximise gate income. However, I think there is a good chance that there will be an opportunity to pay upfront for 19 home games next season (or on direct debit), with guaranteed tickets for the three games where you will need to move.

Archived