BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa FA Cup game

philipl

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As expected - out. Awful tie to get for us, and wrong time to play them.

Biggest mistake today - playing 2 championship players from the start (Andrews & Roberts) - bringing another championship standard player on (Gorilla).

Hope the defeats shows Kean that players like Andrews, Grella, Roberts etc need to LEAVE this club.

Not SK's finest hour. Most supporters woould have picked a better team and selection of subs.

Maybe, not many from here though ;) , but SK doesn't have the benefit of hindsight. He picked a team that the thought could win but was let down.

Amazing how so many fans attack a manager and never the players. once they cross the white line it's down to them and not the manager.

As expected - out. Awful tie to get for us, and wrong time to play them.

Biggest mistake today - playing 2 championship players from the start (Andrews & Roberts) - bringing another championship standard player on (Gorilla).

Hope the defeats shows Kean that players like Andrews, Grella, Roberts etc need to LEAVE this club.

Just because Grella is never fit doesn't mean he's a championship standard player. If he was fit he'd start week in week out.

Anyway...

Can't say I'm fussed about us being out of the cup, we weren't going to win it and I'd rather we focus on the league. I like football so it would have been nice to have a couple more games, but no big deal. I'll find something else to do.

If Kean is going to pick that crap midfield in the league expect to lose a fair few of our remaining games. Been saying it for weeks and I will be saying it again, it's time to drop Pedersen from the team. If that means that Lowe comes in or we play two defensive minded midfielders and then have to focus the play on wings then so be it.

Roberts once again showed he is an impact player coming off the bench against tired legs and not a starter.

Being out of the cup means we can fully focus on the league, however i really wanted a cup run this year and I'm disapointed we are out of it.

• Backroom

Pedersen could be dropped if there was a better option but Lowe certainly doesn't look like it, Goulon doesn't, Linganzi looked good but wasn't fancied either.

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Dunn and J Jones as a pairing until Dunn tires at least.

Just because Grella is never fit doesn't mean he's a championship standard player. If he was fit he'd start week in week out

I hope not.... Grella is okay but even when fit behind the pace of the game and does not have enough quality in his locker to make up for it. Plus he is a year older than when he was last playing regularly.

Grella and Andrews need to go. Emerton and Roberts need to show where they fit in under Kean.

Pedersen could be dropped if there was a better option but Lowe certainly doesn't look like it, Goulon doesn't, Linganzi looked good but wasn't fancied either.

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Dunn and J Jones as a pairing until Dunn tires at least.

Have to agree, but i would rather Ollson on the left wing, and Givet left back, drop MGP. Formica will hopefully sign, and provide competition to Dunn.

I don't think there is any chance of Andrews and N'Zonzi be paired in midfield ever again.

Hopefully RSC has just tweaked his hammy and isn't going to be out for long.

I for one am sick of Villa, if their not nicking our players, they are knocking us out of cups.

• Backroom

Have to agree, but i would rather Ollson on the left wing, and Givet left back, drop MGP. Formica will hopefully sign, and provide competition to Dunn.

I don't think there is any chance of Andrews and N'Zonzi be paired in midfield ever again.

Hopefully RSC has just tweaked his hammy and isn't going to be out for long.

I for one am sick of Villa, if their not nicking our players, they are knocking us out of cups.

Olsson LW and Givet LB is a given when Nelsen is fit.

Got to say I'm yet to be impressed with Hanley he doesn't look up to it at this level yet.

Hopefully Formica signs but I'm not sure if he is a second striker, he looks as he'd fit in more in a 5 man midfield.

Archived