BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

I would like to personally attack (in a light hearted banter way) philipl but I am not allowed.

Can I you be my proxy? I don't think you will get a warning

Stop taking it off topic PLEASE. its so annoying having totrawl through this drivel. Its a transfer thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Nicko says “passport, passport, passport” appears to be the biggest hurdle to get over in terms of the Formica transfer.

Italian bureaucracy is a nightmare to deal with at the best of times, they will want all sorts of documents, if he doesn’t have them then it could delay things.

Should be ok though fully expect the paperwork to be sorted before the window shuts.

Lets say his passport doesnt turn up and the deadline runs by. Do we then have to apply for a work permit for him to play or could he just train with the squad until his new passport comes thus not having to apply for the work permit?

I thought Cryer also said he saw him at Brockhall when he went along for the press conference this morning.

I would seriously doubt he would base any story on the back of anything Thomas Evans had to say. That man has a problem.

Just over 3 days of the window remain for Rovers to get their targets.

[removed]

Looks like Monday will be a busy day for several clubs, possibly including Rovers.

Hopefully Samba signs his new contract today. Certainly is refreshing to see us hanging onto our key players, rather than selling them, and not replacing them.

Formica will provide some much needed competition for places, and might give Dunn a kick up the backside.

I thought he didnt seem to have any idea who was "downstairs".

Phillipl's post on it, seems to say Formica to me ;)

Walshy: He wouldn't get a work permit as he hasn't got the international games for Argentina. I doubt we would be able to say he will be 100% first team straight away as well. So the Italian passport will be the best option.

You make it sound alot worse than it is, talk about negative slant!

Cryer actually says: Formica is back on the agenda and having medicals etc. Still complications to sort out. Rochina unlikely for this window

So we both agree then..."still complications"

I understand he already had an Italian passport but had allowed it to lapse.

Worth remembering that Latin American countries never had the sort of "american and nothing else" citizenship laws that exist in the USA. So with the mass migrations which happened up to the '70s, huge numbers in those countries have a European grandparent who passed on citizenship.

The one nationality without dual citizenship to the same extent are the Germans for all too obvious reasons.

Phillipl's post on it, seems to say Formica to me ;)

Walshy: He wouldn't get a work permit as he hasn't got the international games for Argentina. I doubt we would be able to say he will be 100% first team straight away as well. So the Italian passport will be the best option.

Thats what I was trying to get at. because he cant get the work permit he will have to wait for the passport yeah? But he can still train with the squad and not have to return back to Argentina or Italy (depending on where the passport will be sent)

I have always wondered how South Americans always find European relatives and get passports that way. Ironic if this lad can´t.

Make sure that you have a verifiable Italian citizen in your paternal or maternal line. If this is found in your paternal line, there is no limit to the number of generations you must trace backwards. If this is found in your maternal line, you must have been born after Jan. 1, 1948. If you are a woman born before this date, you can only obtain citizenship from your father and subsequently can only transfer yours to your descendants born after this date.

Read more: How to Obtain an Italian Passport | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4777926_obtain-italian-passport.html#ixzz1CLXZbbKm

I have to say, this transfer has had more twists and turns than a John Grisham novel.

Guest linganzi

As Nicko says “passport, passport, passport” appears to be the biggest hurdle to get over in terms of the Formica transfer.

Italian bureaucracy is a nightmare to deal with at the best of times, they will want all sorts of documents, if he doesn’t have them then it could delay things.

Should be ok though fully expect the paperwork to be sorted before the window shuts.

This is top teams doing standard business. If we cant get a passport renewed we should just give up

Kean on transfers

'He's one (Formica) that we felt last week was slipping away when he went to Monaco but maybe it could spark again and we could get it done before the window closes.'

Kean has accepted defeated in bringing in Sebastian Larsson from Birmingham or 19-year-old striker Ruben Rochina, who plays for Barcelona B.

He added: 'The information I'm getting is the bid for Larsson is not adequate and I don't think that one will happen. For someone with a small time left on his contract we put in a realistic bid so we respect that he's either not for sale or Birmingham are after more money.

'On Rochina, I don't think that one will happen until the summer - it's very, very complicated. We were hopeful he would come this window but I think that will be the summer.'

Kean on transfers

'He's one (Formica) that we felt last week was slipping away when he went to Monaco but maybe it could spark again and we could get it done before the window closes.'

Kean has accepted defeated in bringing in Sebastian Larsson from Birmingham or 19-year-old striker Ruben Rochina, who plays for Barcelona B.

He added: 'The information I'm getting is the bid for Larsson is not adequate and I don't think that one will happen. For someone with a small time left on his contract we put in a realistic bid so we respect that he's either not for sale or Birmingham are after more money.

'On Rochina, I don't think that one will happen until the summer - it's very, very complicated. We were hopeful he would come this window but I think that will be the summer.'

I'd be happy for Larsson and Rochina to come on a free in the summer, not priority at the moment as we have cover upfront, and on the right wing.

I'd be happy for Larsson and Rochina to come on a free in the summer, not priority at the moment as we have cover upfront, and on the right wing.

He(Rochina) must be a class act if they are willing to wait for the summer for him. Larsson is well up for coming and will be worth the wait. I've always rated him and was gutted we didn't go for him when he initially went to "Big club brum" on loan from the gooners many years ago.

Kean on transfers

I get the impression we are playing hard ball with our valuations for these two players - which has to be good. Still wouldn't be surprised to see them both join before end of January. After all - for both clubs - not only will they miss out on the transfer fee (though maybe not for the lad from Barca) but they will also have to pay the wages of a player that won't be part of their long term plans - or actually want to be there.

Also renewing an Italian passport doesnt require a new one to be generated. They just add an extension date at the back of the old passport.

And can this be done by just a visit to the nearest Italian Consulate? (Manchester?)

And can this be done by just a visit to the nearest Italian Consulate? (Manchester?)

Yes but the problem is they only operate weekdays and their waiting times are crazy. The reason for this is so many South Americans in the UK are trying to get their dependants from back home over on EEA family permits which are free of charge if you can prove you are married to an EU/EEA National. Hence a vast quantity of South Americans putting in extensions/new applications for Portuguese and Italian passports.

Evening everybody, first post, thought I should sign up after watching the transfer saga and messageboard for a while now

Hope we finally get this formica chappy, looks like could be a good bit of business, the only thing I'm worried about is why nobody much else in the epl hasn't been after him if he's going to be the next big thing?

Neway looks like it will have been the best transfer window for yrs, looking forward to what rovers can become under kean, certainly exciting times now

Evening everybody, first post, thought I should sign up after watching the transfer saga and messageboard for a while now

Hope we finally get this formica chappy, looks like could be a good bit of business, the only thing I'm worried about is why nobody much else in the epl hasn't been after him if he's going to be the next big thing?

Neway looks like it will have been the best transfer window for yrs, looking forward to what rovers can become under kean, certainly exciting times now

Monaco and Galatasaray were both very close to signing this player, so I'm sure he is capable of producing quality on the pitch. He'll probably need some time to adapt to the pace of the premier though.

Personally I doubt that he will become the next big thing, as in world class, I believe that is all just talk from his agents/club. With that being said, I'm sure he will be a hit.

Alright Scunny lad?

Tevez and Mascherano signed for West Ham without many PL clubs going after them. Monaco tried to sign to sign Formica and they aint bad eh?

Yeah exciting times ahead now with some good football to boot! :rover:

Archived