BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

Re Knopfler- Did he send you to sleep ? He should have quit after " Sultans Of Swing ".

If you don't know quality when you hear it that is your problem. Not mine.

Do you think the extra £5k a week was Samba's only aim, Nicko? You said at the time that Samba wanted out, and has done for some time. What's changed? We've done well in the transfer market and, more importantly, on the pitch. Is that the main reason behind the change?

Samba wanted more cash. It was always about that. He reckoned there was a big club out there. But there wasn't. Villa were keen, but not at the price.

It's a fair solution. If you want £10 million for a player, then you should possibly reward him for that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest linganzi

His dad's an ex-pro who runs a pub in Dundee, I think. Not that this changes anything.

Would think Liverpool are far too busy with the Torres panic to sign Adam now, although rejecting a £6.5m bid should be enough to put any of his suitors off.

Now I think of it his dad was a pro, yes. I was getting a Paul koncheskys mum situation in my head

Guest linganzi

Mr Adam senior is very upset and it is easy to see why. As an ex-player [and a decent one] he knows what the move means to his lad.

Good luck to him.

Yes yes see above I remember now. Still eh, its hardly a footballing legacy. The Adam family

Liverpool have £6.5m bid for Adam turned down. Charlie Adam dad is not a happy bunny describing Blackpool as a "cheap-skate club".

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Charlie-Adam-camp-fume-as-new-Liverpool-bid-is-rejected-by-cheap-skates-Blackpool-article684263.html

Interesting!

£6.5m is the figure I quoted over 3 weeks ago - the price, purported, to have been put on Adams' head.

I think Oyston has seen £40m+ for Torres, less the £23m for Suarez and thought, nah, £6.5m, too low!!!

Mr Adam senior is very upset and it is easy to see why. As an ex-player [and a decent one] he knows what the move means to his lad.

Good luck to him.

How Ironic it would be to see another North West team slip down the table into relegation doom because of one bad decision, they should have let him go at 4 million and stopped with all the Eastenders crap.

Whether he stays or goes now it's sure to have a knock on effect on the other players, too many ego's will ruin a pretty good season for Blackpool over this.

Anyway have we signed Luca Toni yet :lol:

Guest linganzi

Interesting!

£6.5m is the figure I quoted over 3 weeks ago - the price, purported, to have been put on Adams' head.

I think Oyston has seen £40m+ for Torres, less the £23m for Suarez and thought, nah, £6.5m, too low!!!

Monkeys want more bananas at the last min.

Watched the new aronovsky , black swan tonight. Good stuff

You would hope that as an ex-pro he might have a bit more respect for the club that has helped to make his son's name. If he is good enough he can get the move in the summer if need be. Hate when you hear footballers spoken about as sympathy cases. Keep doing your job and wait until the offer works for both you and your club.

“Mr Oyston has got to realise it is somebody’s life and future that he is dealing with here. I think it is petty. This should be a time for common sense to prevail.”

No, I think Mr Oyston has got to realise that it is a club's life and future that he is dealing with here. Common sense died in football a looong time ago, and player greed was arguably the biggest factor. Zero sympathy. Stick with the club til the summer, keep them up, improve your stock, THEN you're in your rights to demand a move. If you're good enough to stay in the Liverpool team if you go there this window, you'll be good enough to have still earned the move there or to a similar/bigger club by Summer.

Absolutely, but if things had gone differently and he had flopped, the club would still have to pay what they had agreed and not just say go we're not paying you anymore. Whereas a player who wants a move seems to be able to say I think I'm worth more than we agreed when you gave me my break.

The only way around it would be to adopt the NFL style where there is a certiab amount of guaranteed money and the rest of the contract could be essentially cancelled when the club no longer felt that they needed the player. Unlikely to ever happen.

For anyone worried about Robbo. There is no chance that Fergie will go for Robbo, even if he did the amount we would demand would put him off. He has just got his dane, plus he has his eyes on a few highly rated euro keepers, one of which he will land in the summer and will no doubt struggle next season.

A bigger threat for Robbo comes from spurs, but I doubt he fancies that one. He loves playing for us.

Mr Oyston has got to realise it is somebodys life and future that he is dealing with here. I think it is petty. This should be a time for common sense to prevail.

No, I think Mr Oyston has got to realise that it is a club's life and future that he is dealing with here. Common sense died in football a looong time ago, and player greed was arguably the biggest factor. Zero sympathy. Stick with the club til the summer, keep them up, improve your stock, THEN you're in your rights to demand a move. If you're good enough to stay in the Liverpool team if you go there this window, you'll be good enough to have still earned the move there or to a similar/bigger club by Summer.

Oyston is totally right here (and yes I know some of the deals he's been involved in 'business wise'). Players sign a contract, if they are deemed good enough through their performance to be bought out of that contract - the selling club has the right to demand the highest possible fee. Blackpool stick to your guns...

Whoops! Just realised I'm talking about a player we're not even in for... has Formica signed yet?

If you don't know quality when you hear it that is your problem. Not mine.

Samba wanted more cash. It was always about that. He reckoned there was a big club out there. But there wasn't. Villa were keen, but not at the price.

It's a fair solution. If you want £10 million for a player, then you should possibly reward him for that.

Well stated in your defense of Knopfler, Nicko --- but don't be put off by a pair of Rick Astley fans ;)

Archived