BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do we trial players, or try and buy players, knowing that we wont get a work permit? Crazy!

to buy in the summer possibly ? to buy and farm out to Bruge for a couple of years ?

we don`t actually know that he can`t get a work permit, only what Cryer has said remember - I like you, would like to think that they had done some homework around permits though :wacko:

• Backroom

to buy in the summer possibly ? to buy and farm out to Bruge for a couple of years ?

we don`t actually know that he can`t get a work permit, only what Cryer has said remember - I like you, would like to think that they had done some homework around permits though :wacko:

I don't think we have any links to Bruge anymore, that ended.

Reports in argentina say Formica deal is all but done (still waiting on the passport) But apparently he went out for a meal woth Roque and salgado lastnight.

http://www.lacapital.com.ar/ovacion/Quedo-cerrada-la-venta-de-Formica-al-Blackburn-Rovers-20110129-0025.html :rover:

It says he has Italian citizenship so doesn't need a passport.

The expectation is the deal will go through on Monday.

Formica was going to the match today.

Rochina is a striker

Along with Formica are they any good ?

If they arent then Steve Kean is going to be left pretty exposed in his capability to recruit the right calibre of player needed to take the club forward.

Andy Cryer says on LET match commentary:

"About Formica. His agent says his Italian passport is fine and foresees no problems. I will only be confident once he actually signs"

Personally I'll only be happy after he has played a number of games and indicated he is going to be value.

• Backroom

Along with Formica are they any good ?

If they arent then Steve Kean is going to be left pretty exposed in his capability to recruit the right calibre of player needed to take the club forward.

By all accounts Rochina is one for the future and Formica nobody knows how he would take to the Premiership but could be the player we've needed for years.

The man Kean has replaced as manager made plenty of errors in the transfer market and even Hughes signed some duds, any signing is a risk when money is relatively tight.

One thing I like about Kean is he has tried to sort out the midfield problem by attempting to bring in Formica and Jones.

• Backroom

Bruno Berner and Rigters are 2, Djorkaef wasn't a success either, fortunately Hughes only made low cost errors in the market, pretty impeccable record otherwise, stunning even.

It says he has Italian citizenship so doesn't need a passport.

The expectation is the deal will go through on Monday.

Formica was going to the match today.

Hope he didn't go. Else he won't be signing any contract after seeing that haha

Hughes only made one dud signing. Sam suffered by comparison but his track record for us was pretty good.

We are shopping on the bargains shelf but at least we are shopping.

Spot on.

We MAY be getting some future talent but we're still taking a bit of a gamble on Steve Kean being the next Arsene Wenger and being able to get the potential out, let's just hope it pays off.

Good grief!

Yes they are loans, i.e come June they will go back to their proper clubs. And given what happened at Villa today, we could end up paying £2m for three and half games from one of them or shipping him back early.

Don't get me wrong, RSC (when not injured) improves our squad and Jones had a decent debut but borrowing them from other teams doesn't make this the "best transfer window for years" as the original post I was replying to made out.

Nicko said back in August if the sale didn't go through the plan B was to give Sam the £5m that was heldback in the summer, and Venky's haven't spent close to that yet (sorry wages aren't part of the "TRANSFER" budget) so I don't buy the argument we should be displaying the kind of OTT gratefulness some people are coming out with.

I HOPE Formica is a hit, I hope we get some other signings in before the end of the window but if we finish this window with Formica, and injured Roque and Jones it would have been a bit of a "meh" window for me. OK but not outstanding.

Yes they are loans, i.e come June they will go back to their proper clubs. And given what happened at Villa today, we could end up paying £2m for three and half games from one of them or shipping him back early.

Now flip your argument and say we signed both of them on three year deals, and both of them (with a history of injuries) were crocked for the rest of their Rovers career. We'd be fitting the bill for two more Grellas on our hands.

Now flip your argument and say we signed both of them on three year deals, and both of them (with a history of injuries) were crocked for the rest of their Rovers career. We'd be fitting the bill for two more Grellas on our hands.

But that's a false dichotomy, buying/loaning them weren't the only options, what about looking elsewhere? I'm not slating the borrowing of them, just pointing out that they are loans and if the Formica deal were to fall through or squad would be the same (minus a few) come June...THAT'S ALL.

The time to judge is on February 1st, but some people are already declaring this the best window for years which is a bit too an optimistic statement (as yet) from my point of view.

Archived