BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roverspogges

Rp. If you really think this thread is a joke then don't read or post on it. You are just winding people up and heading for a ban. :wacko:

No #### sherlock!! I've had to read the garbage on here since the start of the window and there's quite a few on here I'm not happy with. Ban me I don't give a Jim mk2.

Dunn has been great for Rovers but there is little room for sentimentality in football.

Not seen anything from Dunn this season. He looks shattered after an hour, struggles to track back and has been caught in posession loads. He's also just as likely to break down with another injury as soon as he 'gets back to his best form'. If someone was to bid £1-2 million for him IMO it would be a no brainer to move him on.

Me too I'm afraid. Nothing's forever and we're not a charity. Same with Salgado for me, giving him another season on his reputed £ 40,000 per week ( £ 2 million a year when I went to school ) is a big gamble at his age. Are we really able to pay that sort of money to players who may miss more games than they play

I think we'll see this happen today/tomorrow:

Formica joins

Rochina joins

Larsson joins

---

Andrews departs to Wolves

EH Diouf departs to West Bromwich, QPR or West Ham

Grella departs to Turkey

---

Now that would be a good window , well apart from Larsson.

No #### sherlock!! I've had to read the garbage on here since the start of the window and there's quite a few on here I'm not happy with. Ban me I don't give a Jim mk2.

No--you didn't have to read anything, you chose to just as you choose to be offensive now. You will not be missed.

I supposed I asked for that didn't I? My own fault for trying to treat you like a grown up.Now off and finish your homework. :wstu:

Same with Salgado for me, giving him another season on his reputed £ 40,000 per week ( £ 2 million a year when I went to school ) is a big gamble at his age. Are we really able to pay that sort of money to players who may miss more games than they play

In terms of fitness there aren't many fitter in the Prem than Salgado -never been a player to struggle with injuries. Salgado will do next year what he's done this year. He's a solid full back with little pace but a wealth of experience. The other upside of keeping him is he's a model professional who is a great ambasssador for the club, the fact he's Spanish will help with the South Americans we seem to be targetting (and the odd Madrid reject).

Formica joins

Rochina joins

Larsson joins

---

Grella departs to Turkey

---

I think that Larrson and Formica will join before the window shuts. But Diouf will go and HOPEFULLY Andrews will go tho. Was useless yesterday.

In terms of fitness there aren't many fitter in the Prem than Salgado -never been a player to struggle with injuries. Salgado will do next year what he's done this year. He's a solid full back with little pace but a wealth of experience. The other upside of keeping him is he's a model professional who is a great ambasssador for the club, the fact he's Spanish will help with the South Americans we seem to be targetting (and the odd Madrid reject).

When players get to that sort of age you can be great one week and "gone" the next. That's how it works. It's not always a gradual decline sometimes it can be sudden I'd like to be starting the next season with a younger ,quicker player at right back. If we can't get a better, younger right back for £ 40,000 a week even in todays market there's something wrong with our scouting system. If it's an interpreter the club wants my wife speaks Spanish, she'll do it for a small fee.

Our friends at SSN think we are still chasing Vazquez!

ITS VERY INTERESTING YOU SHOULD POST THAT because Vazquez has been training for a week on his own and with the first team (can return to B team training after the monday TRANSFER deadline). The lad has been playing funny games and apparently over sleeping/turning up late for training. Seems he's after a move away for regular first team football to stay fit and has pretty much turned his back on Barcelona B for now. More worrying is the fact that he has been out for 10 months due to longr injury so he maybe might never reach his best again.

Anyway have a read it makes interesting reading and points to a move away/transfer

http://www.totalbarca.com/2010/news/victor-vazquez-fined/

When players get to that sort of age you can be great one week and "gone" the next. That's how it works. It's not always a gradual decline sometimes it can be sudden I'd like to be starting the next season with a younger ,quicker player at right back. If we can't get a better, younger right back for £ 40,000 a week even in todays market there's something wrong with our scouting system. If it's an interpreter the club wants my wife speaks Spanish, she'll do it for a small fee.

Agree we need a quicker younger RB but in terms of presence and still being fit enough for the role I think Salgado is worth another year. My wife speaks Spanish as well but she's won nowt in football and doesn't hang around with any of the Galacticos (well not when she's awake at any rate :rock: )

IMO, there will be more priority positions in the Summer to sort out. We badly need a new left-back, and both a handful of new midfielders and strikers. I think we should be fine at right-back with Salgado/Emerton for another year.

ITS VERY INTERESTING YOU SHOULD POST THAT because Vazquez has been training for a week on his own and with the first team (can return to B team training after the monday TRANSFER deadline). The lad has been playing funny games and apparently over sleeping/turning up late for training. Seems he's after a move away for regular first team football to stay fit and has pretty much turned his back on Barcelona B for now. More worrying is the fact that he has been out for 10 months due to longr injury so he maybe might never reach his best again.

Anyway have a read it makes interesting reading and points to a move away/transfer

http://www.totalbarca.com/2010/news/victor-vazquez-fined/

You saw the date on that article??

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Me too I'm afraid. Nothing's forever and we're not a charity. Same with Salgado for me, giving him another season on his reputed £ 40,000 per week ( £ 2 million a year when I went to school ) is a big gamble at his age. Are we really able to pay that sort of money to players who may miss more games than they play

Now that would be a good window , well apart from Larsson.

Agreed on Dunn. Getting rid of Dunn and getting Formica in would be very good business. Dunn, for me, has never got back to what his potential was when he first left Blackburn. Having young midfielders, and a potential to play Olsson, N'Zonzi, Formica and Hoilett across the middle is unbelievable talent for their ages. Stick the experience of Jermaine Jones, Pedersen etc in that, and it potentially looks like a midfield that's better than what we've had for years.

No need to keep onto players like Dunn for sentiments sake. I would keep Hoilett, Olsson, N'Zonzi, J. Jones, Pedersen, Emerton (due to versatility) and bring in Formica and perhaps one more. Nice balance, versatility and good young talent for future years.

In terms of Salgado, I'd keep him for another year as he's been very good (and possibly underrated) this year. Done a very solid job at right back. However, if we brought in Larsson (as a right back as has been suggested), then I may be tempted to keep Salgado as right back cover but get rid of Emerton with Larsson able to play right back or in midfield.

Formica joins

Rochina joins

Larsson joins

---

Grella departs to Turkey

---

I doubt Mr Warnock would be interested!

Overall I think we'd all agree with that being a good window.

Agreed on Dunn. Getting rid of Dunn and getting Formica in would be very good business. Dunn, for me, has never got back to what his potential was when he first left Blackburn. Having young midfielders, and a potential to play Olsson, N'Zonzi, Formica and Hoilett across the middle is unbelievable talent for their ages. Stick the experience of Jermaine Jones, Pedersen etc in that, and it potentially looks like a midfield that's better than what we've had for years.

No need to keep onto players like Dunn for sentiments sake. I would keep Hoilett, Olsson, N'Zonzi, J. Jones, Pedersen, Emerton (due to versatility) and bring in Formica and perhaps one more. Nice balance, versatility and good young talent for future years.

In terms of Salgado, I'd keep him for another year as he's been very good (and possibly underrated) this year. Done a very solid job at right back. However, if we brought in Larsson (as a right back as has been suggested), then I may be tempted to keep Salgado as right back cover but get rid of Emerton with Larsson able to play right back or in midfield.

Personally I'd be looking to move Pedersen on, I've never been a fan. He's far too casual when he's got the ball, lacks aggression ( when the likes of Arteta think they can poke you in the eye , that says a lot for me ) doesn't get in the box enough in spite of having two good feet, loses 90% of any tackles he's involved in. I see Larrson having the same failings as Pedersen, I don't see him playing right back, he's not quick enough or ruthless enough, when did he last play there ? I've never seen him play there for Big Club. Would you start Pedersen at left back ? I don't think so.

Formica joins

Rochina joins

Larsson joins

---

Grella departs to Turkey

This would be ideal. But I don't think there is enough time left in the window to accomplish it all, or even most of it.

Archived