BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

Pre-effing-cisely!

Even more worrying when that £5m includes wages and fees. But I guess we'll just have to wait til the summer now for the Rao boys to flex their supposed big financial muscles, baring a bombshell coming from nowhere in the next two days.

But weren't you comparing to previous January transfer windows in which we have made very little in the way of full transfers?

The players have been scouted over a considerable length of time and a judgement is made upon their value, e.g. in the case of Adam the deal becomes too pricey and we move on. You can't account for players not being available within your budget, the options are not infinite! Be them loan or full transfers if we have players at our disposal which make us a better team and capable of winning games I really don't care, something I picked up during Ince/Big Sam. Points win prizes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedersen is a good squad player. Andrews, Grella, Goulon, Lingazi, Dunn, EH Diouf could all go for me. Some would command a fee and I'm sure they could be replaced by better standard Bosmans/young players.

How can you rate Dunn with this bunch? A year ago he was our top scorer. This year he's had injuries which plagued him and is first getting into his best form now. Besides, i remember a couple of season where we were almost relegated under Paul Ince where Sam took over, we had half the squad on the injury list and so should Dunn had been but he played trough on painkillers and pain until we were safe from relegation because that's the type of player he is. He loves the club and is certainly no Goulon, Grella or Lingazi.

Sure Formica might be a good replacement in the future, but do you really expect him to go and become a world beater in the PL the first year he plays there? If he does he will be one of the first Argentinian players to do that...

How can you rate Dunn with this bunch? A year ago he was our top scorer. This year he's had injuries which plagued him and is first getting into his best form now. Besides, i remember a couple of season where we were almost relegated under Paul Ince where Sam took over, we had half the squad on the injury list and so should Dunn had been but he played trough on painkillers and pain until we were safe from relegation because that's the type of player he is. He loves the club and is certainly no Goulon, Grella or Lingazi.

Sure Formica might be a good replacement in the future, but do you really expect him to go and become a world beater in the PL the first year he plays there? If he does he will be one of the first Argentinian players to do that...

Dunn has been great for Rovers but there is little room for sentimentality in football.

Not seen anything from Dunn this season. He looks shattered after an hour, struggles to track back and has been caught in posession loads. He's also just as likely to break down with another injury as soon as he 'gets back to his best form'. If someone was to bid £1-2 million for him IMO it would be a no brainer to move him on.

That's simply an assertion on your part. I could equally say that the ones who hated Sam the most are the ones bending over backwards to justify everything the Venkys and the new manger do.

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Compared to previous transfer windows we've done well so far. Compared to the hype from the manager and the owners, its not got there.

Good perspective

Guest roverspogges

There are certain posters on here who are condescending towards anyone who disagree with anything they say its laughable. You should really take a step back and read what you are posting. Same old #$## every time.

Guest roverspogges

I know my posts will be deleted but come on people you hang on the words of a Notlob fan who has a private little chuckle at us while posting the same old mooooiiiii plop

Guest roverspogges

Superman comes to the rescue!! To save the thread from trolls!! I've got news for you clark, I'm taking the pi$$ out it this thread because its a ####### joke.

Anyway, tomorrow will be very interesting. Will we be signing a player, or a few players? I would expect Formica to sign, but you just never know. I still think Larsson would be a good signing, as you dont want Hoilett to get too complacent in his position.

Guest roverspogges

Anyone who says "ass clown" is obviously an ass clown whatever that means. It doesn't even make sense you stupid yank.

Archived