BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We cannot loan any more players from the PL.

There might be a new name in the frame (and I don't know who it is) but I have reason to believe Formica is virtually a formality and that Rochina (pretty certain for the summer if not tomorrow)and Vazquez (less likely but Rovers are keen) remain active transfer targets. Larsson might be slipping down the priority list.

There is a lot of work to be done between now and the window closure and in two cases fights from Barcelona to be factored in. So I guess we are going to know whether Rochina and Vazquez are realistic prospects for this window by tomorrow morning depending on whether they are seen going through a local airport or not.

I am not aware of any pending departures other than Jason Lowe's loan move to Aberdeen which has hit a snag.

He has had 1 decent season in his career, the guy is a fruitcake.

+1. Anyone talking up Ireland as an option (especially when Villa want £8m!) can't have seen much of him for the last two years. Bad season for City, terrible season so far at Villa. If they were getting rid at £2m and he'd take a massive pay cut to prove himself then he MIGHT be worth a punt, but right now he's a human car crash.

Personally I'd be looking to move Pedersen on, I've never been a fan. He's far too casual when he's got the ball, lacks aggression ( when the likes of Arteta think they can poke you in the eye , that says a lot for me ) doesn't get in the box enough in spite of having two good feet, loses 90% of any tackles he's involved in. I see Larrson having the same failings as Pedersen, I don't see him playing right back, he's not quick enough or ruthless enough, when did he last play there ? I've never seen him play there for Big Club. Would you start Pedersen at left back ? I don't think so.

Far too inconsistent. If he doesn't have a good day on set-pieces, he's practically invisible. For one of the highest earners at the club, we should be expecting more than that from a midfielder.

However, he does have a light-hearted blog and says he loves the club. So that's all that matters. <3

This would be ideal. But I don't think there is enough time left in the window to accomplish it all, or even most of it.

It's amazing what you can do though when you want to push things through - we've all seen transfers that weren't even being thought about go through late on when both sides realise they want to sort it.

There's not much point in late-night updates, so...

ROCHINA...word from Spain is that this is done and will be announced tomorrow...compromise fee agreed...no point in kid staying at Barca when he is leaving.

LARSSON...now expected for the summer...didn't want to go to Newcastle who have decided to spend the spare dough on Ireland now...he will go there on loan for about £45,000-a-week.

FORMICA...passport, passport, passport...would be interesting if he didn't have his new one tomorrow...but that seems to be under control.

On a side-note, Gai Assulin is in Man City squad at Notts County today for the first time. May get a glimpse of him - at last.

ROCHINA...word from Spain is that this is done and will be announced tomorrow...compromise fee agreed...no point in kid staying at Barca when he is leaving.

LARSSON...now expected for the summer...didn't want to go to Newcastle who have decided to spend the spare dough on Ireland now...he will go there on loan for about £45,000-a-week.

FORMICA...passport, passport, passport...would be interesting if he didn't have his new one tomorrow...but that seems to be under control.

On a side-note, Gai Assulin is in Man City squad at Notts County today for the first time. May get a glimpse of him - at last.

That's good news Nicko not a bad window compared to a few in the past. ( As long as these do go through).

neophox you've made a lot of assumptions for 48 hours worth of football business! :rover:

And IMO he has only got one out of the six correct........the first one. OK he MAY just have a chance with the departure of EHD, but again I think its odds on that he will stay. The others NO CHANCE.

I hope I am proved wrong, but I always prefer to look on the black side..... that way I am not often disappointed.;)

Good news. So we can expect two signings tomorrow with Rochina and Formica if passport is sorted!

Larsson would be a good signing in the summer. Him and Hoilett on the wings next season would be great for the club.

In terms of Salgado, I'd keep him for another year as he's been very good (and possibly underrated) this year. Done a very solid job at right back. However, if we brought in Larsson (as a right back as has been suggested), then I may be tempted to keep Salgado as right back cover but get rid of Emerton with Larsson able to play right back or in midfield.

Larsson's no right back IMO, never will be. I've mentioned it before, but for me we should be after Nathaniel Clyne. Young, quick right back and ENGLISH who would really benefit from Salgado's experience. Would probably only cost 2-2.5M, possibly with add-on's.

Alternatively, how's young Jackson Ramm progressing - anyone??

Larsson's no right back IMO, never will be. I've mentioned it before, but for me we should be after Nathaniel Clyne. Young, quick right back and ENGLISH who would really benefit from Salgado's experience. Would probably only cost 2-2.5M, possibly with add-on's.

Alternatively, how's young Jackson Ramm progressing - anyone??

Don't know much about either player but you are right, now that we've given Salgado an extension, we should be getting his successor in place now so that he can learn his trade.

Archived