BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samba isn't good enough for Arsenal.

He looks good in a team like ours because we have a fair bit of 'backs to the wall' defending to do, which he is brilliant at. Arsenal rarely have to do that though, they need defenders who can keep concentration for 90 minutes and start attacks from the back. Samba isn't good at either of those, he's prone to daft mistakes and his passing isn't the best.

I agree with all of that. He's not a top four defender, he's not got enough ability on the ball for the teams that are in European competitions. Still a good player for the likes of Rovers though.

i agree but if Rovers are trying to link up with Barca then it may be a good idea

I don't see why Barca would want to link up with Rovers. They can offer us great players and we can offer them.......err.............?

I can see it now Iniesta, Xavi and Andrews??? :lol:

In all seriousness, I think if this guy was pushing for first team football then Barca would have tied him down to a longer contract if they wanted to have an option to purchase him at a later date. There's probably a reason why his contract is running out, they more than likely don't think he's good enough.

I don't see why Barca would want to link up with Rovers. They can offer us great players and we can offer them.......err.............?

I can see it now Iniesta, Xavi and Andrews??? :lol:

Obviously i am not talking about getting Barca`s first team players, i was talking about similar player to Rochina, the Barca B players,

Pointless reply mate

We offer the Barca youth players a chance to play first team football in the premiership. That is invaluable for them.

These are players that can't get into the team at the moment because of Messi, etc. If we had someone like Bojan a year or 2 back we would be laughing, now there is little chance they will loan him out.

It is not a deal in terms of them buying off us, well unless we uncover the next Messi from Darwen.

Good enough for me.

But in the summer Kean will have to get rid of a lot of "players"

I think there really will be a spring clean of players..He might actually have some real money to spend.

Samba isn't good enough for Arsenal.

He looks good in a team like ours because we have a fair bit of 'backs to the wall' defending to do, which he is brilliant at. Arsenal rarely have to do that though, they need defenders who can keep concentration for 90 minutes and start attacks from the back. Samba isn't good at either of those, he's prone to daft mistakes and his passing isn't the best.

If you're trying to put Arsesene Wenger off him - good job!

Otherwise I couldn't disagree more.

Sambsa is clearly one of the best three or four centre halves in the League alongside the likes of Terry and Vidic.

If you're trying to put Arsesene Wenger off him - good job!

Otherwise I couldn't disagree more.

Sambsa is clearly one of the best three or four centre halves in the League alongside the likes of Terry and Vidic.

Vidic

Ferdinand

Vermaelen(sp)

Dawson

King

Woodgate(fit)

Carragher

Agger

Cahill

Terry

Evans

Hangelaand

Those are the few off the top of my head that are better than Samba.

Archived