BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why send players who play a certain style and system to Rovers who don't play that system and style.

I can understand them loaning players out but not to Rovers.

1. Rovers "style" is improving; and, 2. Barca B players on the Rovers sqaud will get valuable experience playing against Barca's Champions League competitors.

On Twitter at the moment

"Fox Soccer's Keith Costigan with an interesting tidbit, saying Blackburn came in late with a transfer bid for Michael Bradley."

I really hope this ist true. We would be a sure-in for 6-8th on the league table. And would get a lot more exposure in North America. The only better player is Donovan. Bradley is the future of US soccer.

I'd swap him for everyone on the list bar Woodgate. Wouldnt even give a second thought to it.

The nodrog and rebelmsmar are spot on for me.

How could you want to swop Samba for King? He can't manage two games in a month let alone two games in a week.

Or Carragher at his age? The mind boggles.

The nodrog and rebelmsmar are spot on for me.

How could you want to swop Samba for King? He can't manage two games in a month let alone two games in a week.

Or Carragher at his age? The mind boggles.

The list had nothing to do with swaps. The original post that I answered to had to do with what centre halves who are currently better players than Samba. Yes King and Woodgate are crocks who hardly ever play but when they do play they're better than him.

Yes King and Woodgate are crocks who hardly ever play but when they do play they're better than him.

Don't think there's that much between them in terms of overall ability anyway but if King and Woodgate hardly ever play then Samba is the better option.

It's a bit like saying Samba isn't as good as Bobby Moore or Franz Beckenbaur.

Vidic

Ferdinand

Vermaelen(sp)

Dawson

King

Woodgate(fit)

Carragher

Agger

Cahill

Terry

Evans

Hangelaand

Those are the few off the top of my head that are better than Samba.

haangeland is just tall and not better than samba, Agger is poor, carragher is very very poor, evans seriously why even waste time typing his name, woodgate and king ditto, Cahill ain't exactly pulling up trees just this years upson on a par with dawson

Samba is our best player by a mile can't believe people want to talk him down....dear me we would seriously miss him if he went anywhere

haangeland is just tall and not better than samba, Agger is poor, carragher is very very poor, evans seriously why even waste time typing his name, woodgate and king ditto, Cahill ain't exactly pulling up trees just this years upson on a par with dawson

Samba is our best player by a mile can't believe people want to talk him down....dear me we would seriously miss him if he went anywhere

I'm not talking him down, I'm just telling it like it is. Muck and nettles defender , he's great, bang it into row z, that's fine. The new Bobby Moore or Mike England , he isn't.

I never at any moment stated that Samba wouldnt be missed. Just that there are better defenders in my opinion in the EPL. Yes our club would find it hard to replace him but a top 5 club could do better. I have my opinion you have yours. This could go in forever and is going wildly off topic.

Some people think he is in the top 5 centre halves in the EPL and some dont. There is no fact in these opinions so why dont we just leave it there.

Just been sent a message originating from a Villa-local journo who's confirmed that both Rovers and Sunderland have made last-ditch bids to nick Bradley from Villa.

Looks as though he'll still head to Villa, according to the guy - if for no other reason than to join the existing 'USMNT'(whatever that is, but he mentioned Guzan, Friedel and Lichaj) connection at Villa Park.

A key point that people may be forgetting is that look at the players in front of him who should be protecting the back four, MGP, Nzonzi, Andrews,Grella, the worst midfield in the pl, compare it to others and there is no contest, I think Samba would prove himself at a bigger club.

On the subject of Bradley his club is bottom in Germany and they are happy to let him go out on loan?alarm bells.

On Michael Bradley, now this would be a very good signing. It is a shame that we have left it this late.

I just dont know how much credance to give to most of these reports though Hekla...

Think I'll trust Ferguson, Wenger, Ancelotti et al in their opinion over yours.

Aye cos Arsenal's defence have been outstanding in recent years haven't they? I think you talk a lot of sense but on this i cab't agree. I wouldn't say Samba is as good as some have suggested, ie up with Terry, Vidic, Rio. However to have him below Lescott, despite full back but too soft for centre half imo, Carragher, King, Dawson etc is silly.

Too many of our lot rate our own players as world beaters and other clubs as average, yet there seems to be as many who deride ours and big up others so much. I've never seen anything of Cahill for example to suggest he's better than Samba let alone twice as good. He's the one player more fans of opposition clubs mention to me as looking outstanding and he certainly could walk into a team like Arsenal at the moment and make their defence much better.

Aye cos Arsenal's defence have been outstanding in recent years haven't they?

Not at all, but they've always conceded less goals than ours! Samba is a good player, a top half, and even a top 6 Premier League defender.

Should be be pitting his wits against Messi, Ronaldo, Villa et al in the Champions League? I think not. Messieurs Wenger, Ferguson, Ancelotti and even Dirty Harry appear to agree with me.

Archived