BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

Their current system hasn't done too badly has it.

Most of their players have come up through the ranks. :blink:

Why send players who play a certain style and system to Rovers who don't play that system and style.

I can understand them loaning players out but not to Rovers.

If I were a Barca fan, I'd rather my reserve players get sent out to other Spanish clubs and not a team in a foreign league who play the complete opposite way.

Well it's experience in a top league isn't it.

Premier league is clearly a better standard than Spanish second or third division.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you'll find that it was the rules regarding players under a certain age which let the likes of Fab, Pique etc leave Spain at an early age. They couldn't secure them on long term deals whereas English clubs could snap up their talent without anyone being able to stop them.

I agree that sending players to teams who will give them first team football is the right thing to do but my point is why send them to Rovers when they could send them to a team who play a similar style of football or to a team in Spain which means they won't have to spend most of the loan deal trying to adapt to a different culture/country.

Their current system hasn't done too badly has it.

Most of their players have come up through the ranks. :blink:

Why send players who play a certain style and system to Rovers who don't play that system and style.

I can understand them loaning players out but not to Rovers.

If I were a Barca fan, I'd rather my reserve players get sent out to other Spanish clubs and not a team in a foreign league who play the complete opposite way.

Premiership is a higher standard of football than the Barca B team play. Therefore it is of more use to them and they learn more. It also makes them more visible to potential buyers. Their current system also means they have no first team places available to blood young players and they don't need to at the moment.

Rovers system is changing according to Venky's desires. To a nicer style.

I doubt Rochina has turned us down, the deal has reported for such a long time and at various stages it would be very strange for the player to turn around and say no all of a sudden. It is not like we have just gone in for him.

I think you'll find that it was the rules regarding players under a certain age which let the likes of Fab, Pique etc leave Spain at an early age. They couldn't secure them on long term deals whereas English clubs could snap up their talent without anyone being able to stop them.

Do you think they would have left Barca if they were told they were going to be important first team players very soon? They obviously thought they weren't of the required quality. However, all three have developed in the EPL and proved that they were wrong. Giving young players a year with us could literally save Barca millions of pounds.

Do you think they would have left Barca if they were told they were going to be important first team players very soon?

It's irrelevant what I think, you'll have to ask them. The fact is they weren't allowed to be offered contracts as it was against the law in Spain.

What we do know is that they decided to join Manchester United and Arsenal. Also very good teams!

Get a contract for a massive team or get a promise from a massive team.

I know what I'd pick ;)

Just out of interest. Can someone actually tell me if we're actually trying to link up with Barca or is it just someone hoping we will?

It's irrelevant what I think, you'll have to ask them. The fact is they weren't allowed to be offered contracts as it was against the law in Spain.

What we do know is that they decided to join Manchester United and Arsenal. Also very good teams!

Get a contract for a massive team or get a promise from a massive team.

I know what I'd pick ;)

Yeah I bet Fabregas looks in his trophy cabinet every day and thanks his lucky stars Barca let him go.

I've said everything I'm going to say about it, if you can't see the benefits for Barca then good luck to you.

Like any club with half a brain they're trying to improve the system that's already in place.

The system has done well, but they've given away millions of pounds worth of talent such as Fabregas, Arteta, and Pique.

A season in the Premier League for these players might have led to this not happening.

I love how you convinced yourself of this so much you're now talking on behalf of Barcelona themselves and seem to know confidential internal policy there...

I love how you convinced yourself of this so much you're now talking on behalf of Barcelona themselves and seem to know confidential internal policy there...

Nah, I've just got half a brain so I can observe as well as apply context to things I hear.

Try not to quote me again, I'm not interested in your opinion.

Nah, I've just got half a brain so I can observe as well as apply context to things I hear.

Sorry to hear that, well I've got a whole brain and I think it's bollards. If Kean has got contacts in Spain and he uses them, good for us and we may end up getting a couple of players from Barca's B team but I can't see some special relationship being created between the two clubs.

Sorry to hear that, well I've got a whole brain and I think it's bollards. If Kean has got contacts in Spain and he uses them, good for us and we may end up getting a couple of players from Barca's B team but I can't see some special relationship being created between the two clubs.

Like I said, not interested.

Bradley deal being done with Villa today. There was no Rovers late bid.

Interesting line on why some of the foreign deals take so long to be ratified/announced.

It seems all international delas have to be done through FIFA now. Both clubs have to put the paperwork through HQ.

I hope that is being and has been done with both Formica and Rochina.

It would explain why it takes forever.

You got a link to it? he would be a great signing for us!

http://twitter.com/SoccerByIves

Bradley deal being done with Villa today. There was no Rovers late bid.

Interesting line on why some of the foreign deals take so long to be ratified/announced.

It seems all international delas have to be done through FIFA now. Both clubs have to put the paperwork through HQ.

I hope that is being and has been done with both Formica and Rochina.

It would explain why it takes forever.

Does that include foreign players alreay in the EPL nicko? Like Santa Cruz who took two days to complete the deal with us after it has been agreed?

Vidic

Ferdinand

Vermaelen(sp)

Dawson

King

Woodgate(fit)

Carragher

Agger

Cahill

Terry

Evans

Hangelaand

Those are the few off the top of my head that are better than Samba.

I wouldn't swap Samba for any of them with the possible exception of Vidic (btw who imo would give too many penalties away for us).

Does that include foreign players alreay in the EPL nicko? Like Santa Cruz who took two days to complete the deal with us after it has been agreed?

Cross-border deals.

Roque just took time because of the financials with Man City.

His medical was surpisingly quick.

I will say no more on that subject.

Never was a fan of that deal.

Samba isn't good enough for Arsenal.

He looks good in a team like ours because we have a fair bit of 'backs to the wall' defending to do, which he is brilliant at. Arsenal rarely have to do that though, they need defenders who can keep concentration for 90 minutes and start attacks from the back. Samba isn't good at either of those, he's prone to daft mistakes and his passing isn't the best.

Depends what they're looking for. If they're looking for more centre backs that are glorified midfielders then no, Samba isn't good enough for Arsenal. However, if they're looking for physical centre backs that can actually defend then he'd walk into their first team.

You only have to look at the Huddersfield game today to realise how weak they are at the back. Every cross into the box caused panic across the Arsenal back line.

looking ahead, its unlikely that any player in the Barcelona set-up who has not made it into the 1st team squad by the time they're 20, is ever going to make it there.

I know Pedro and Busquets could be classed as exceptions to that rule but Guardiola knew of their quality and brought them up with him.

they're a club that is happy to throw youngsters in at 18/19 so any players they would be willing to send out on loan at that age clearly have no long-term future there.

Archived