BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

Not a bad window so far. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Over the next couple of seasons Venkys are going to have to shell out some serious poke if they want a top 7-8 squad.

In summer if we keep the four of Samba, Jones, Givet and Nelsen then that will be our strongest position. Hanley is not good enough - yet.

We are clearly in need of a left back - neither Givet or Olssen are good enough there.

Salgado is fantastic but RB is definitely another position (which could possibly be filled by Emerton)

We are still lacking a playmaker (Formica is not one).

JJones may be the answer in the middle but too early to judge (would still need signing permanently)

I am rapidly reaching the conclusion that Nzonzi was a one season wonder. Perhaps worth taking a fee for whilst he is still rated?

Pedersen is a good squad player. Andrews, Grella, Goulon, Lingazi, Dunn, EH Diouf could all go for me. Some would command a fee and I'm sure they could be replaced by better standard Bosmans/young players.

Olssen & Junior look good out wide but are young and likely to be inconsistent- having players like Larsson/Pedersen to step in would be good.

Up front Roberts should go. Roque should only be signed on a pay as you play deal - and viewed as a bench player because he'll be injured more often than not. Certainly not a player to build your forward line around.

Kalinic should be given another year to see if he can cut it - would bite anyone's hand off that offered anything like what we paid for him though.

Will be interesting to see how good Formica is....

On that basis we still need to sign a quality forward to lead the line (Roque to back up) if we had the likes of Formica/Kalinic and MB Diouf battling for the other striker role that would be promising.

Plenty of work to do in Summer IMHO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wing Wizard, you obviously havent seen much of Newells Old Boys, and Formica. He is a playmaker, and a fantastic one at that. He was brilliant against both Boca and River Plate, and both teams were willing to sign him. Im still very surprised, that no other team has taken an interest in him.

Villanueva could have been brilliant for us, had there been a Jermaine Jones breaking up play, and doing the leg work.

Formica will be a good addition, so lets hope he signs.

Wing Wizard, you obviously havent seen much of Newells Old Boys, and Formica. He is a playmaker, and a fantastic one at that. He was brilliant against both Boca and River Plate, and both teams were willing to sign him. Im still very surprised, that no other team has taken an interest in him.

Villanueva could have been brilliant for us, had there been a Jermaine Jones breaking up play, and doing the leg work.

I think Villanueva would have been a decent little squad player for us. I know he was lacking in some areas, but he had a wicked left-foot and would have ultimately usurped Pedersen on set-piece duty.

I'm thoroughly excited by the potential signing of Mauro Formica. He is highly regarded by friends that have followed him in Argentina. I appreciate that he will need some games to settle down or maybe he can flourish right away. I hope we can be patient with him but I hear he is a confident player so I hope we see little problem.

Hasn't Krancjar stated his favoured posistion is Left wing recently also? Bentley wouldn't have come back, and we have Hoilett on the right wing.

I love the way everybody says "Bentley wouldn't have come back" like its a tested fact. We'll never know because we never asked. And he was available on loan! The manager and the owners should have been drooling all over that one.

From what I've seen (granted not too much) he seems to be someone who will carry the ball into the final third and look for a killer pass (like Dunn years ago) I'm meaning someone who can sit in the middle and ping the ball around (Tom Huddleston type player). Two different types of playmaker I suppose! :wacko:

From what I've seen (granted not too much) he seems to be someone who will carry the ball into the final third and look for a killer pass (like Dunn years ago) I'm meaning someone who can sit in the middle and ping the ball around (Tom Huddleston type player). Two different types of playmaker I suppose! :wacko:

I'd like the one who carries the ball into the final third please.

But the same people who tell us we shouldn't believe anything the new owners say are the ones who are most disappointed, so how does that work?

That's simply an assertion on your part. I could equally say that the ones who hated Sam the most are the ones bending over backwards to justify everything the Venkys and the new manger do.

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Compared to previous transfer windows we've done well so far. Compared to the hype from the manager and the owners, its not got there.

I love the way everybody says "Bentley wouldn't have come back" like its a tested fact. We'll never know because we never asked. And he was available on loan! The manager and the owners should have been drooling all over that one.

You have kept this Bentley thing going all through January, whether he would or wouldn't, or if we asked or not is completely immaterial.

Bentley is decent but he isn't coming here.

Frankly with the emergence of Hoillet we don't need Bentley either IMO.

Love the way you criticise people for assuming he. Wouldn't come back and then assume we didn't ask, for all you know we did make am enquiry and we got turned down.

ill probably get slated for this but hoilett still has a lot to prove. a couple of good performances doesnt mean he is going to be the answer. he still goes missing for large periods of the game. i hope he continues to improve because he has potential to be a top, top player in the prem but there is no harm in getting somebody to push him.

i agree with a few on here and think that if nico is available then we should get in there. he is quality and when i see him for spurs he always seems to be their best player. his problem is the others in there are bigger names with bale and modric

Not a bad window so far. Rome wasn't built in a day.

In summer if we keep the four of Samba, Jones, Givet and Nelsen then that will be our strongest position. Hanley is not good enough - yet.

We are clearly in need of a left back - neither Givet or Olssen are good enough there.

Salgado is fantastic but RB is definitely another position (which could possibly be filled by Emerton)

We are still lacking a playmaker (Formica is not one).

JJones may be the answer in the middle but too early to judge (would still need signing permanently)

I am rapidly reaching the conclusion that Nzonzi was a one season wonder. Perhaps worth taking a fee for whilst he is still rated?

Pedersen is a good squad player. Andrews, Grella, Goulon, Lingazi, Dunn, EH Diouf could all go for me. Some would command a fee and I'm sure they could be replaced by better standard Bosmans/young players.

Olssen & Junior look good out wide but are young and likely to be inconsistent- having players like Larsson/Pedersen to step in would be good.

Up front Roberts should go. Roque should only be signed on a pay as you play deal - and viewed as a bench player because he'll be injured more often than not. Certainly not a player to build your forward line around.

Kalinic should be given another year to see if he can cut it - would bite anyone's hand off that offered anything like what we paid for him though.

Will be interesting to see how good Formica is....

I agree with all of this. Let's hope our owners shate your foresight and are prepared to take the necessary steps.

Frankly with the emergence of Hoillet we don't need Bentley either IMO.

rubbish imo.

Love the way you criticise people for assuming he. Wouldn't come back and then assume we didn't ask, for all you know we did make am enquiry and we got turned down.

Yep, got me there--same applies to every player on the planet though. On that basis we can't criticise the club for any player we don't get in the future because "for all we know we did make an enquiry and got turned down". :blink:

Archived