BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys better check this out.

Rovers youth team is in Norway atm playing in a tournament in Oslo. They played against former target Erik Huseklepps youth team SK Brann.

It didnt go to well, but they might take a closer look on this player on the Brann team:

http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/tippeligaen/er-dette-branns-kommende-stjerne-3401187.html

As Norwegians like to say it; "Those guys took a hell of a beating."

Alright Scunny lad?

Tevez and Mascherano signed for West Ham without many PL clubs going after them. Monaco tried to sign to sign Formica and they aint bad eh?

Yeah exciting times ahead now with some good football to boot! :rover:

Still i think we'll find he's over reliant on his left foot but hey still looks as if he could be useful. and i did see a cracker of a goal he scored with his right foot too so he can use it from time to time).

Part of the excitemnet being a Rovers fan is unearthing serious talent at a bargain price. It's one aspect i really enjoy. Maybe i am on my own on this :unsure:

Nope, you are not.

Our transfer policy reminds me of people at Antique Roadshow.

So very exciting, but heartbreaking when they get poached.

It certainly mirrors my thoughts.

In fact I wonder if we’re looking closely at the South American Youth Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_South_American_Youth_Championship) currently being played in Peru at present. As always these competitions seem to unearth some gems, brought over to Europe fairly cheap and within a few years are making it big... With our philosophy of developing new talent and Venkys looking to market themselves in South America – I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re linked with a few more youngsters we’ve never heard of from that part of the world. Formica and Ronieli certainly fit in that category, and time will tell if it proves to be fruitful, but I for one am quite excited by the prospect of picking up the next Messi or Kaka...

Also, with all the talk of a summer marquee signing, I wonder if it wouldn’t be better for Venkys to go for an up and coming star, rather some 30-something who’s just looking for his last pay day. For example, why not look at a Douglas Costa (Shaktar), Pablo Piatti (Almeria) or perhaps Lucas Biglia (Anderlecht)? (Neymar would be amazing but I think that could be beyond Venkys somehow). They wouldn’t cost the 20M or so we were offering Ronaldinho, and should he progress into a top class player, then the club, the fans, Venkys and the player are all happy. Of course, then we’d have to flog him to some Man City, Real Madrid type, but then the cycle just starts again...

If we can do this, plus nuture our own local talent (like the Arsenal blueprint) and play attractive and appealing football - we could have a great formula for success year after year...

He(Rochina) must be a class act if they are willing to wait for the summer for him. Larsson is well up for coming and will be worth the wait. I've always rated him and was gutted we didn't go for him when he initially went to "Big club brum" on loan from the gooners many years ago.

They obviously need him to give the Gooners a chasing. We'll see.

Part of the excitemnet being a Rovers fan is unearthing serious talent at a bargain price. It's one aspect i really enjoy. Maybe i am on my own on this :unsure:

I enjoy that as well.

Somehow I keep thinking that if the Formica deal was easy and uncomplicated from the beginning he would be chased by bigger clubs. Third party ownership and dodgy agents might have scared a few from even trying, and notably a few that did try - maybe he's even better than we imagine.

Or maybe he's our new Villanueva :blush:

A guy at work ( a dingle), said that Robinson had gone to Man U, I cant find anything proving that this is true, can anyone shed any light?

He's probably confused and talking about Robinson Crusoe and Man Friday.

Confuse him further by telling him the startling news that Man has been to the Moon.

Archived