BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mauro Formica Signs

Nice one. Missed this game and the hype. Some probing and intelligent passes.

He can only get better the more he plays with the team I would imagine. I saw him (and Rochina) both making passes that ultimately came to nothing, but they didn't appear to be out of control passes or miss-hits, they just kept over estimating the pace of our wingers/strikers.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could well be the one positive we see from having Jerome Anderson, Huber and co manage our transfers for the period they did.

I am excited to see how Mauro does this season.

Could well be the one positive we see from having Jerome Anderson, Huber and co manage our transfers for the period they did.

I am excited to see how Mauro does this season.

I thought Formica's agent was the same one who has Pavone on his books? ie. the one who has a close relationship with Kean? (Barry McIntosh)

I could be wrong, just remember reading something about it on here.

He can only get better the more he plays with the team I would imagine. I saw him (and Rochina) both making passes that ultimately came to nothing, but they didn't appear to be out of control passes or miss-hits, they just kept over estimating the pace of our wingers/strikers.

Hopefully they'll both be somewhat settled by now as well...unless they caught Kalinic disease.

It'll be an exciting season I think. Can't wait to watch (hopefully) good football.

Inviting derision with that statement. The doom brigade will be with you shortly.

Just leave it and let people say what they want to say. You're the one that's inviting derision and negativity in saying that.

But yeah, on Formica, I'm very excited about him too. I think he could cause a lot of problems and will only get better as the season goes on. I won't get my hopes up too high, but I am sure that at least one of him and Rochina will turn into a real high quality player with us.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought Formica's agent was the same one who has Pavone on his books? ie. the one who has a close relationship with Kean? (Barry McIntosh)

I could be wrong, just remember reading something about it on here.

Pavone was sent packing because of an issue over agents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

On an utterly depressing, horrible day and although he missed a penalty this guy is one ray of light, oozes class and ability. Any doubts I had if he can cut it here went today.

Why the hell did he not start though?

Oh wait, Kean.

• Backroom

Maybe let Formica start until he earns us a penalty. Then swap him for Dunn. ^_^

That'll do... or train one of our non-crocked players on how to score a penalty. I can remember one of my old coaches telling me no player at an "elite" level should miss a penalty - only an exceptional save can be acceptable as an excuse. Howard's save wasn't exceptional and although Formica was unlucky, fact is he still couldn't score from twelve yards out. We need to train somebody in the squad on pens pronto, maybe even two or three. We've got a lot of tricky players coming through (Formica, Rochina, Vukcevic, Hoilett) who are likely to be able to win us decent free kicks and pens, we need to have players in the squad able to convert them. Doesn't seem like we have any at the moment.

His potential looked excellent today, there were a number of touches of genuine quality. Seems to work hard as well and is quite determined, sometimes South American playmakers lack that quality.

Obviously he has a long way to go in terms of beginning to dictate matches and really affect the opposition, but he could be a real bargain if he works hard.

does'nt look like we'll be signing a target man unfortunately, but after today that does'nt seem quite so grim as formica and goodwillie had shed loads of movement and genuine good touch, those 2 interchanging positions upfront looks promising.......million miles away from whatever it is roberts does.

Hoillet.....Petrovic.............................Ollson..........Vucinic

........................Goodwillie......Formica.............................

Thinking about it i don't rate ollson at left back and he's too good not to play and as Vucinic will seemingly have to play i'd use ollsons engine and pace in midfield considering sav was great for us but had sod all technical ability and no pace i don't see what harm sticking ollson tere could do.

• Backroom

His flicks into space to create an attack from nothing are brilliant.

Almost reminds me or Berkovic.

Watch him be on the bench v Fulham now

• Backroom

I was so confident when he stepped up for the pen, he's such a good technician. His touch on the halfway line to release Roberts (I think) in the second half was sublime. He's a real prospect.

What was a good sign as well was that for both penalties he won the ball back off the defender himself if I recall.

Very excited by Formica and one of the real positives to have come out of the Kentaro/SEM relationship.

He's got real potential and I love his determination, which makes him a lot more than just a 'luxury' player.

What was a good sign as well was that for both penalties he won the ball back off the defender himself if I recall.

Maturity as well as determination. It seemed today as though he knows that he has ability but, if he is going to get where he wants to go, he has to graft.

If that is the case I cant see him being with us for too long. Enjoy while you can.

Archived