BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mauro Formica Signs

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking that.

Still, it's yet another another unsubstantiated load of old bollux with which to try and sling mud at the owners so that's ok.

I would have thought there's enough legitimate stuff to complain about with current performances and results without people continuing to make stuff up all the time.

Couldn't agree more Rev, this could be true, who knows, but it seems with every day that passes, more rumours are aired, mostly without foundation and its doesn’t help.

But this is the place for such things I guess.

Having seen him a couple of times, I just think that someone misjudged how quickly he would adapt to English football. At the moment he looks very poor and we saw on Saturday that Rochina, who has adapted more quickly, found the pace difficult to maintain after a bright first half.

I don't know if there is anything in the 3rd party thing, but wasn't that why we bought him outright, to avoid these problems, rather than allowing him to go to Red Star Belgrade and then taking him on loan from there?

does the fact this guy is 23, older than kalinic when he signed therefore less potential make him a worse waste of money.

Felt the need to vent because when we are looking down the barrel none of our recent signings look capable of helping the cause. Maybe just slight help in jones case.

Wish we'd signed a 42 year old Batistuta, could'nt possibly have less impact.

• 2 weeks later...

Hasn't the reserve season finished? In which case, who knows?

I have no idea. It looks as though he won't make an appearance for the first team this season. Though knowing Steve Kean's team substitutions, he'll make an appearance against Wolves in the 75th minute when we're desperately trying to protect a slim lead that will keep us in the premiership!wacko.gif

Maybe a good pre-season and a brand new season is just what Formica needs. I've heard he needs baulking up a bit, like Pedersen did for us, and he also was unfit when he arrived.

I'd love to see him in action but if that's next season then so be it. If we secure our Premier League status before the end of the season then maybe we'll see a bit of him in action.

I have no idea. It looks as though he won't make an appearance for the first team this season. Though knowing Steve Kean's team substitutions, he'll make an appearance against Wolves in the 75th minute when we're desperately trying to protect a slim lead that will keep us in the premiership!wacko.gif

Yeah and if we do stay up we'll have points removed for playing him ! Allegedly.

• 3 weeks later...

He has just been called up to the Argentina squad for thier upcoming matches against Poland and Nigeria. lol.

Yeah, but look who else is in the squad, it's very much a "B" squad.

Any idea when these games are likely to be played and what are the chances of him actually playing, what size squad is it?

Nigeria match is on the 1st June and Poland match four days later.

Argentina squad is:

Goalkeepers: Oscar Ustari (Getafe), Agustin Marchesin (Lanús).

Defenders: Mateo Musacchio (Villarreal), Nicolas Otamendi (Porto), Ezequiel Garay (Real Madrid), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Marcos Angeleri (Sunderland), Federico Fazio (Sevilla), Emiliano Insúa (Fenerbahce).

Midfielders: Tino Costa (Valencia), Nicolas Bertolo (Zaragoza), Mario Bolatti (Internacional), Fernando Belluschi (Porto), Alejandro Cabral (Legia Warsaw), Diego Perotti (Sevilla), Mauro Formica (Blackburn Rovers).

Forwards: Pablo Piatti (Almería), Marco Ruben (Villarreal), Jonathan Cristaldo (Metallist), Nicolas Gaitán (Benfica), Mauro Boselli (Genoa), Franco Jara (Benfica)

Especially when you're not even playing for your club and crazy Diego isn't their manager anymore.

No, not Diego... but Barmy Batista. Another dolt who's judgement has been addled by the Peruvian marching powder.

And yes, Chris there is plenty of truth in your statement that Formica's value has just gone up due to this cap. If you notice that the AFA only calls up European based players? There's plenty of talented footballers plying their trade in Argentina that don't get a call up but the moment they 're purchased and move to Europe they get a cap. Plenty of examples so I won't bore you but my feeling is that the AFA, which is as bent an organization south of the Chicago mafia is in cohoots with clubs

No, not Diego... but Barmy Batista. Another dolt who's judgement has been addled by the Peruvian marching powder.

And yes, Chris there is plenty of truth in your statement that Formica's value has just gone up due to this cap. If you notice that the AFA only calls up European based players?

Mario Bolatti (Internacional), Agustin Marchesin (Lanús

And yes, Chris there is plenty of truth in your statement that Formica's value has just gone up due to this cap. If you notice that the AFA only calls up European based players? There's plenty of talented footballers plying their trade in Argentina that don't get a call up but the moment they 're purchased and move to Europe they get a cap. Plenty of examples so I won't bore you but my feeling is that the AFA, which is as bent an organization south of the Chicago mafia is in cohoots with clubs

Argentina plays a friendly against Paraguay before the trip to Africa and Europe, and that squad has only players from their local league. Pure logistics.

Archived