BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mauro Formica Signs

If fit, Roque is our best striker by a country mile, followed by Roberts then Mame with Niko just ahead of Benjani, and thats because he's injured more than Roque.

What unmitigated nonsense, to place Niko that low.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting points on Kalinic and RSC. For me the only stats that matter are how many games they play and goals they score. Any other statistic is meaningless nonsense dreamt up to make TV pundits appear knowledgeable, most fans fall for it hook, line and sinker.

Neither player is right for Rovers as they are incapable of scoring goals in our team. RSC we know can be great when injury free and fed from midfield, as neither is currently possible he shouldn't be here let alone in the side. One has to have some sympathy with Kalinic as he never receives any support but having said that if we play lone, unsupported strikers we need one who can do the job. Kalinic may be the future for Croatia but not Rovers.

The stark truth is we do not have a single striker, or any other player for that matter, capable if quickening the pulse, creating excitement and therefore being a threat to the opposition.

As for Formica and Rocina?? Their demeanour when introduced at Ewood was very worrying, both seeming hesitant and uncertain as to why they where there. I have zero expectation of these two for this season, which shows how poor club management has become in recent months. That we buy players not ready to play after two months is crass, outright stupidity.

No wonder Williams quit

What unmitigated nonsense, to place Niko that low.

Both RSC and Kalinic are in the team to firstly score goals and secondly hassle the opposition. Both fail to do either the way we play, so I'd place them low on the list and use players with lesser ability, like Roberts, who will at least be a handful for the opposition and are just as likely to score.

The stark truth is we do not have a single striker, or any other player for that matter, capable if quickening the pulse, creating excitement and therefore being a threat to the opposition.

I agree with most of your post, but in Hoilett we have the best pulse quickener since Bellamy or Duff.

I agree with most of your post, but in Hoilett we have the best pulse quickener since Bellamy or Duff.

After his very impressive display today I'd fully agree.

Sadly RSC spent the whole game proving why he shouldn't be at Ewood. It's laughable we can find £90k a week for an injury probe striker who needs supply from midfield but couldn't find the cash to make a serious bid for the player who nearly beat us today.

• Backroom

Back to Formica and sadly it seems the Venky's got conned on this one.

I refuse to make a judgement till we've seen either way, I hope others do the same.

I think the mistake was believing we were safe and buying for next season.

We may never see him in a Rovers shirt

Conned? That's ridiculous! He's just come in, got injured and is getting back to fitness. Blackpool might not be the right game for him to make a debut, it's too tenacious and too important at the moment. Phil Jones came back into contention, and although I would prefer to see Formica instead of Benjani on the bench, Kean was always going to choose P.Jones, Roberts and Gamst when trailing - known quantities who add physique and set piece quality.

Formica didn't play midweek against Liverpool either, which tells me he was not fully fit then. We WILL see him soon, and until that happens there's no need to be that rash. I don't know why you keep banging that same drum, it's getting tiring. I hope you're sincerely worried, and not just out to prove a point.

If the worst did happen and we got relegated then players like Formica, Blackman and Rochina who aren't on huge wages would become increasingly important.

Impossible to make an assessment on Formica at the moment, he hadn't played for a while when he joined Rovers due to the Argentinian close season, so he was behind in terms if fitness. then he picked up a hamstring injury so that has set him back a little. We may see him involved with the squad against Birmingham.

If the worst did happen and we got relegated then players like Formica, Blackman and Rochina who aren't on huge wages would become increasingly important.

Impossible to make an assessment on Formica at the moment, he hadn't played for a while when he joined Rovers due to the Argentinian close season, so he was behind in terms if fitness. then he picked up a hamstring injury so that has set him back a little. We may see him involved with the squad against Birmingham.

just because they come from Argentina and Spain rather then Scotland or Iceland does not mean they will be good players, who knows they might be a load of pants, one of them can;t even make the bench so how impressive actually is he in training?

There has to come a point when 'easing them in' becomes counter-productive. Surely he's going to start getting homesick if he's sat around twiddling his thumbs every weekend in a completely new environment and culture.

I sometimes think the best thing to do is get them involved, let them have a few touches, the crowd sings their name and the ball starts rolling.

Granted, the crowd could also get on his back if he's not performing, but he'd have to be spectacularly bad to stand out in our midfield.

just because they come from Argentina and Spain rather then Scotland or Iceland does not mean they will be good players, who knows they might be a load of pants, one of them can;t even make the bench so how impressive actually is he in training?

I don't think anyone's making the claim that just because he's from Argentina he's going to be better than a player from Scotland. What has been said about him though is that he's a technically-gifted player, likely better than anything we have. This doesn't mean that he's smarter, stronger, or faster than other players on the team though.

There has to come a point when 'easing them in' becomes counter-productive. Surely he's going to start getting homesick if he's sat around twiddling his thumbs every weekend in a completely new environment and culture.

It's not about 'easing him in'. It's about his fitness.

If he's lacking match fitness, coming back from an injury, and is nowhere near strong enough for the rigours of the Premier League... he's not going to get played from the off. People seem to think it takes a week to get to full fitness or something. If anyone knows of some secret formula to bulk up within a week, please tell me, I'd love to know.

I heard rumours on Saturday that the reason why Formica hasn't been selected is due to work permit issues. Apparently, the transfer was rushed through and there has been a hiccup with the paper work and Rovers do not want to risk playing him and facing a points deduction.

Italian passport ??? no work permit needed (EU)

Italian passport ??? no work permit needed (EU)

Not a clue what the full details are, could well be other paperwork issues. A friend that told me also said it's the reason he hasn't played any reserve games either. Can someone confirm this?

Like I said, I'm not saying it is 100% accurate, but may well be the reason as to why he hasn't been picked for any games.

Not a clue what the full details are, could well be other paperwork issues. A friend that told me also said it's the reason he hasn't played any reserve games either. Can someone confirm this?

Like I said, I'm not saying it is 100% accurate, but may well be the reason as to why he hasn't been picked for any games.

Pretty sure he has played in the reserves.

has formica been injured, while being at rovers..?

Apparently, yes.

I heard rumours on Saturday that the reason why Formica hasn't been selected is due to work permit issues. Apparently, the transfer was rushed through and there has been a hiccup with the paper work and Rovers do not want to risk playing him and facing a points deduction.

This is new to me.

All the whingeing and whining on this thread is due to the fans not being told anything by the club. We are being kept in the dark.

So the lad has been injured. I only found this out yesterday.

It's very, very frustrating when the owners and the club here at Ewood keep tight-lipped about what is going on.

PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived