BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mauro Formica Signs

Got to be sensible about how and whe players are introduced to the Premier League.

I am extremely excited that we have Formica and Rocchina ion the books as Rovers players.

One of the lads at Brockhall says both the lads are technically excellent and he cant understand why Rochina wasnt given some game time at Barca to see how he coped!

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No - have you?

I am extremely excited based on everything I have heard in the press and from what is coming out of Brockhall.

Do you have an opinion?

I'm more curious, 3 million not a lot of money so bascially I am expected a lot more bang for Rovers buck.

I find it hard to believea 500k 19 year old could make a difference for a long time, based on age and fee and lack of experience so I have no expectation.

I'm more curious, 3 million not a lot of money so bascially I am expected a lot more bang for Rovers buck.

I find it hard to believea 500k 19 year old could make a difference for a long time, based on age and fee and lack of experience so I have no expectation.

Your points could be valid, although Rochina's contract was finishing in June, so he would probably have cost us 4-5 times that otherwise.

Fabergas was bought for a similar amount but a bit younger, look at him now!!!!

What a load of rubbish. This isn't championship manager mate and it's the ENGLISH premier league which is physical. Those players together would get flattened. Remember MGP when he first signed? Formica and Richina will take time to adapt.

I agree there.

Anyone thinking Rochina will play the lone striker role is insane. Even the very best clubs use a physical presence as the lone striker, there is no way we could get away with a lightweight player there.

......................... Robinson

Salgado ... Samba .... Nelsen ... Olsson

............ Jones Sr .... Jones Jr ...

.. Hoilett .......... Formica .......... Rochina

........................ Santa Cruz

That's the only way I can see us lining up with both in the team. With Olsson overlapping (protected by the two holding midfielders) Rochina would have license to drift from that touchline and support Santa Cruz. That attacking midfield three wouldn't really have fixed positions as such, as long as they were disciplined enough to track opposition full backs.

A whicked left foot.. but he is right footed apparently.. I know he plays on the left and can use both but his rep etc have come from the right foot.

That's what I thought as well.

From the Youtube videos it looks like he might be talking about Rochina, since his left foot looks fantastic from set plays and so on.

One of the lads at Brockhall says both the lads are technically excellent and he cant understand why Rochina wasnt given some game time at Barca to see how he coped!

Given the talent Barca has on its book it's little wonder.

Still that's no slight on Rochina. Can't wait to see them both play. Technically they're going to be head and shoulders above 95% of what we have on our books.

Got to be sensible about how and whe players are introduced to the Premier League.

I am extremely excited that we have Formica and Rocchina ion the books as Rovers players.

Agreed. All indications are positive. I really hope that Venkys got these two right. It would be a big boost for the club and their public reputation.

LeChuck I can't see Olsson being a left back until he learns to defend, you keep putting him there, Givet will play there.

He's not defending any worse than anyone else at the moment. Givet comes unstuck against fast wingers anyway.

I don't think Givet would work at left back in the formation I posted (hence why I did it) - he wouldn't overlap Rochina so he would have to be glued to the wing.

I don't know how both Rochina and Formica fit into a team that has Givet full back, unless Formica plays left wing with Rochina up front in a 4-4-2.

NOB played 3-5-1-1 with Formica as the AM.

Which on the link below is more of a 3-1-3-1-2 or even 3-4-1-2

So looking to replicate that with our players (in theory only) ;) and all players available including Rochina as the SS.

------------------------------------ROBBO

------------------SAMBA-------NELSEN-------JONES

---HOILETT------------JONES---------N'ZONZI-------OLSSON

------------------------------------FORMICA

----------------------------ROCHINA

--------------------------------------------------RSC

How NOB used this formation is shown here

We'd get murdered down the flanks. :(

NOB played 3-5-1-1 with Formica as the AM.

Which on the link below is more of a 3-1-3-1-2 or even 3-4-1-2

So looking to replicate that with our players (in theory only) ;) and all players available including Rochina as the SS.

------------------SAMBA-------NELSEN-------JONES

---HOILETT------------JONES---------N'ZONZI-------OLSSON

----------------------------ROCHINA

How NOB used this formation is shown here

We'd get murdered down the flanks. :(

Hmm ..... why not try

------------------Jones-------Samba-------Nelsen

---Emerton------------JONES---------N'ZONZI-------OLSSON

----------------------------Hoilett

A strong midfield four defending what is on paper a good back three. Lots of energy down the wings from Emo and Olsson. Loads of creativity from Hoilett and Formica - with RSC to add the finishing. Works for me - shame football isn't won on paper :blush:

Hmm ..... why not try

------------------Jones-------Samba-------Nelsen

---Emerton------------JONES---------N'ZONZI-------OLSSON

----------------------------Hoilett

I'd love to see side - lots of options going forward and, if played correctly, lots of cover at the back.

I'd love to see side - lots of options going forward and, if played correctly, lots of cover at the back.

With Nelsen I think back to the world cup, he was so good playing just a little deeper than the two other central defender's, let them take care of the strikers and Nelsen picking up anything they miss, he's not as mobile as the other two, so I think they are more suited to the positions either side of him.

Emerton would be more suited to the R/S of MF in that formation over Hoilett but a Rochina/Hoilett and Formica behind the RSC would be very interesting. 3-4-2-1

Those MF players would have to work there socks of to make it work.

5 to 7 defensive outfield players on the pitch?

Robbo

Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton --- Jones --- Olsson

Hoilett -- Formica

Kalinic Santa Cruz

changing to...

Robbo

Emerton Samba Nelsen Givet

Hoilett Formica Jones Olsson

Kalinic Santa Cruz

whenever necessary

Swap Formica for N'zonzi and put Hoilett in front of him and Jones the midfield for away games and any game against a top club.

Agreed. All indications are positive. I really hope that Venkys got these two right. It would be a big boost for the club and their public reputation.

Slip of the tongue/keyboard I presume?

Surely Steve Kean should be charged with getting these right or wrong.

to me, kean should drop the diamond.

a player of the formica mould, should have the freedom to roam, seek out the positions between midfiekd and defence, and really put the hurt on our opponents.

to me, kean must use the 4-4-1-1, where our wings are pushed up, that would also give formica more opportunities to deliver a pass, driblle or shoot, as others are taking some of the attention away, that he might get.

have any of you guys seen him, train.? practice match.? reserver team.?

this is the one player, that im looking forward to see play.

Anderson phoned up talkSPORT on the morning of transfer deadline day talking about an 'exciting' day for Rovers and how he was going up there to finalize a couple of deals he'd been working on for us.

Anderson identified, and negotiated both Formica and Rochina. Not necessarily a bad thing as his signings for City were pretty decent on balance, but don't think these were Steve Kean's ideas. Sam sacked just before the window opened and replaced with an SEM client, doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who was in control of our transfers in January.

Slip of the tongue/keyboard I presume?

Surely Jerome Anderson should be charged with getting these right or wrong.

Anderson phoned up talkSPORT on the morning of transfer deadline day talking about an 'exciting' day for Rovers and how he was going up there to finalize a couple of deals he'd been working on for us.

Anderson identified, and negotiated both Formica and Rochina. Not necessarily a bad thing as his signings for City were pretty decent on balance, but don't think these were Steve Kean's ideas. Sam sacked just before the window opened and replaced with an SEM client, doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who was in control of our transfers in January.

Another member of the "Jerome Anderson is satan" fanclub I see. :lol:

You can argue that one with any other memmber on here that can be bothered too, I'll leave it though if its all the same.

My point stands, Venkys didnt research the player, they sanctioned the transfer of cash to fund the deal, ergo, they are not responsible if the lad flops.

Which I hope he doesn't of course. :rover:

Anderson identified, and negotiated both Formica and Rochina.

At least that'll put to bed the daft assumption that they were Kean signings.

If they're successful then I don't care who finds them, but it's quite obvious that Kean has little control over transfers.

Archived