BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mauro Formica Signs

Insanity is a very overlooked virtue, if the reality currently on offer does not suit - we simply substitute a new one.

Its fantastc.

My current wife is wonderful, might change her up for a 1992 vintage later on today... with blue hair.

Our two new lads are the reicarnations of football greats and will perform as such.

:lol:

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insanity is a very overlooked virtue, if the reality currently on offer does not suit - we simply substitute a new one.

Its fantastc.

My current wife is wonderful, might change her up for a 1992 vintage later on today... with blue hair.

Our two new lads are the reicarnations of football greats and will perform as such.

Back to Arkham with you!

Formica also plays down the left apparently, so I would imagine he would provide cover for Olsson should he need too go back into LB, but his main role has been behind a pair of strikers.

I have a destinct feeling we will be seeing allot of the following:

------------Robinson------------

Salgado---Samba---Nelson---Givet

------------J Jones-------------

--Hoilett---------------Olsson--

------------Formica-------------

--------Kalinic---RSC-----------

With Jones replacing Nelson when fit. And Rochina cover for Kalinic.

Not sure that def wise this is the worlds greatest, but I really get the feeling that this is what our mr Kean is looking at. Also means no spots for Nzonzi, Dunn and MGP..

Formica also plays down the left apparently, so I would imagine he would provide cover for Olsson should he need too go back into LB, but his main role has been behind a pair of strikers.

I have a destinct feeling we will be seeing allot of the following:

With Jones replacing Nelson when fit. And Rochina cover for Kalinic.

Not sure that def wise this is the worlds greatest, but I really get the feeling that this is what our mr Kean is looking at. Also means no spots for Nzonzi, Dunn and MGP..

I REALLY hope not, that team would get ripped to peices! Your practically playing 5 defenders and 5 attackers. Midfield, right back and left back would be overrun.

-----J.Jones----N'Zonzi

Hoilett-----Formica-----olsson

------------RSC

is the ONLY way.

I REALLY hope not, that team would get ripped to peices! Your practically playing 5 defenders and 5 attackers. Midfield, right back and left back would be overrun.

-----J.Jones----N'Zonzi

Hoilett-----Formica-----olsson

------------RSC

is the ONLY way.

I do think thats what we will play under keans management and was the formation pretty much against Liverpool and WBA, he seems dedicated too the diamond and if the right/left midfielders push up the full backs will not be overrunning the defence (newcastle game we had a right winger in jnr playing pretty much central/left, leaving no one on the right bar salgado the whole match). Personally I would prefer two def midfielders as per my post prior to Newcastle game, but I don't see it happening.

Plus Kean has made it clear he likes having two strikers.

I'd prefer to see us line-up like this:

ROBINSON

SALGADO - SAMBA - P. JONES - GIVET

EMERTON - J. JONES

HOILETT - FORMICA - OLSSON

KALINIC

------------------------------------

* Olsson is wasted at left-back.

* Samba & Jones looked a promising partnership last season.

* Emerton will give us better cover down the right when Hoilett bombs on.

* Kalinic is our No.1 striker. All £6m of him.

ROBINSON

EMERTON - J. JONES

KALINIC

Nice line up, although while Santa is here he has to play, is far better than Kalinic.

Depends on RSC.

I agree with the formation suggested, 4-5-1 really. Hoillet & Olsson would have to be up and down supporting Salgado.

Everyone seems to be very reliant on Formica being any good, could turn out to be another Charlie Newhouse. Would have liked to see Stephen Ireland or Krancjar fill that little hole where you have put him.

You've taken Nelsen out aswell? Based on recent performances this would be a particularly controversial decision, especially when Samba has been crap since stating his desire to leave. I'm still convinced all is not well there.

And would you not agree that the organisation and leadership Nelsen displays is invaluable, especially in the progression of Jonesy?

Unfortunately I think you're right. We seem intent on playing this stupid diamond that exposes our full backs so blatantly.

Whats with this two up front aswell. I don't think we need it as long as support is provided by attacking midfielders.

Mind you theres a good chance Kean has been told to play two strikers to contrast anything Allardyce.

ROBINSON

EMERTON - J. JONES

KALINIC

I like the look of that side :tu:

ROBINSON

EMERTON - J. JONES

KALINIC

I like the look of that formation and personnel. The only small change I would make is to prefer us starting with a fully fit RSC up front instead of Kalinic. Also you could probably perm any one from RSC, Kalinic, Benjani or M.Diouf for the one up front, and still have the option of any one of the others on the bench (even Roberts for a late sub)

new poster here. Does anyone see formica as one of the two up front? Kean keeps going on about the new batistuta and wasn't he a striker?

Don't think he's 'going on about the new batistuta', he mentioned it when he first admitted an interest in Formica. He's a typical Argentinian no. 10, but could probably play the role as a deep lying forward with alongside a striker - a role Dunn has had on many occations.

new poster here. Does anyone see formica as one of the two up front? Kean keeps going on about the new batistuta and wasn't he a striker?

From reading the South American's views/blogs etc, I don't think the comparison with Bastituta, in relation to style of play, was that accurate.

I was talking to some people for Argentina last week they said that Formica "makes the play". From what they where saying he is not a front man, more of an in the hole forward, they where a bit perplexed by the Batistuta comparison. They weren't Newells fans (two Boca and one River) but they got very excitable when I said that I'd met him the night before, they say he is a big talent over there.

Best thing was the two Boca fans didn't know that the other was River. I got them talking about derby matches just before I left to get the train :)

Cheers John, not realy read anything on him, do the reports say anything about him being a future world player of the year?:brfcsmilie:Does he sound a good un?

Not seen him play live or even on TV however from what I have read he seems a very talented player - some of the blogs from those who watch South American football regularly praise him highly.

Cheers John, not realy read anything on him, do the reports say anything about him being a future world player of the year?:brfcsmilie:Does he sound a good un?

He's often referred to as a traditional 'No.10' in the Riquelme mould etc. Sits behind the strikers conducting the play. Read, exactly what we need. Hopefully!

From reading the South American's views/blogs etc, I don't think the comparison with Bastituta, in relation to style of play, was that accurate.

I don't think Kean has seen him play either before Jan, he obviously had no idea.

I don't think Kean has seen him play either before Jan, he obviously had no idea.

Wonder how that transfer (and others) came about - the way Kean talked about Formica and Jones too when he arrived was like he had known about them for years....

Archived