BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mauro Formica Signs

At least that'll put to bed the daft assumption that they were Kean signings.

If they're successful then I don't care who finds them, but it's quite obvious that Kean has little control over transfers.

if this is true, then i can understand why, that kean made the weird description of formica, as a batigoal clone.

a quite highly rated argentinian, a u-19 spanish international, seems fine to me, even if its mister andersons doing. Hopefully in the long run, kean asserts himslef and picks his own targets.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anderson phoned up talkSPORT on the morning of transfer deadline day talking about an 'exciting' day for Rovers and how he was going up there to finalize a couple of deals he'd been working on for us.

Anderson identified, and negotiated both Formica and Rochina. Not necessarily a bad thing as his signings for City were pretty decent on balance, but don't think these were Steve Kean's ideas. Sam sacked just before the window opened and replaced with an SEM client, doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who was in control of our transfers in January.

I don't know what planet you live on but Anderson negotiated the signings of Kris Boyd and former Manchester City and Hull midfielder Geovan, we didn;t sign anyone else.

Dam Venkys.

I don't know what planet you live on but Anderson negotiated the signings of Kris Boyd and former Manchester City and Hull midfielder Geovan, we didn;t sign anyone else.

Dam Venkys.

Well, if that was the case, I would be delighted to know how a proffessional football manager who wanted a player, thought he had signed Batistuta Mark 2?

He would clearly have known all about the player, wouldnt you agree, we do know JW wasnt involved in the signings so with all due respect, someone signed him!!

Well, if that was the case, I would be delighted to know how a proffessional football manager who wanted a player, thought he had signed Batistuta Mark 2?

He would clearly have known all about the player, wouldnt you agree, we do know JW wasnt involved in the signings so with all due respect, someone signed him!!

Batistuta is a legend and a goal machine its a stupid comparision, he probably was just refering to the fact Batistuta started at the same club.

Kelbo, have you actually READ what Steve Kean said? He DIDN'T say Formica was Batistuta Mark 2. He said he was a LITTLE like him. Big difference.

Kelbo, have you actually READ what Steve Kean said? He DIDN'T say Formica was Batistuta Mark 2. He said he was a LITTLE like him. Big difference.

Nope he said:

"He has come across from one of the biggest clubs in Argentina and is one of the best young players in the country," Kean said. "He has been called into an Argentina squad for a friendly.

"He has been likened to a young Batistuta and I think he has that in the locker as well."

No Little like. :P

Nope he said:

"He has come across from one of the biggest clubs in Argentina and is one of the best young players in the country," Kean said. "He has been called into an Argentina squad for a friendly.

"He has been likened to a young Batistuta and I think he has that in the locker as well."

So it wasn't Kean who even coined the comparison?

Maybe he means Formica 'has it in his locker' to be a world star like Bats?

Who cares?

Nope he said:

Ah but he did say it...

• Backroom

For those of you that haven't seen it, you will never see worse defending.

Formica took it well though.

Not strictly true, did you see samba against Sunderland at home this season?

Really hope he plays against Villa....I sense good things for this boy!

According to the LT (gospel), they (Formica and Rochina) aint going to feature till next week.

I've read conflicting things over the last few days. My understanding was that they'd be in the squad.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8876211.Roque_returns_for_Rovers/?ref=rss

Archived