BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mauro Formica Signs

Guest linganzi

Why?

Because its another kean error backfired . Bought to get a fellow sem kentaro peer a fee, he obviously hoped that he would be more or less read to go but it seems despite his possible undoubted still he meant have what's needed for the prem

I hope I'm proved wrong

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he obviously hoped that he would be more or less read to go

Not obvious at all. I'm positive Kean knew he was one for the future.

We signed Jones and Santa Cruz to go immediately into the team. Formica can play when he is ready, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the approach we have taken.

He would probably leave if we got relegated like most of our team Hoilet, Nzonzi, Olson, Robinson, Samba, MGP, Diouf, Kalanic and Phil Jones.

we would end up with a starting eleven like this

--------roberts--rochina------

doran---dunn--grella--emerton

givet----hanley--nelsen--salgado

-----------fielding--------------

Haven't seen the lad play, though walked past him and he looks like a schoolboy, so, difficult to comment other than to say that those I've spoken with have been given what would seem to be 'diplomatic answers' (the usual banal stuff eg settling in well, promising, take the positives) as to the impression he's created whilst being at Rovers.

I'd be amazed if he plays this season unless Kean is really, really desperate and it feels like that we might just have been sold a pup!

Haven't seen the lad play, though walked past him and he looks like a schoolboy

Lionel Messi looks like a schoolboy. What's your point?

so difficult to comment other than to say that those I've spoken with have been given what would seem to be 'diplomatic answers' (the usual banal stuff eg settling in well, promising, take the positives) as to the impression he's created whilst being at Rovers.

Yeah, for £3.5m we should have a ready-made world-beater on our hands.

I'd be amazed if he plays this season unless Kean is really, really desperate and it feels like that we might just have been sold a pup!

Way to put your neck on the block there. There's a good chance Formica won't set the PL on fire, but I'd prefer to watch him play awhile before writing the guy off.

Because it was obvious we needed to strengthen the club immediately as Brum, West Ham and West Brom did.

You mean like needing a new centre-forward, paying £6m for an young prospect, hauling him out the first team after a poor debut and then saying he needs time to adapt before he can play again?

Remind me who that was again...

Lionel Messi looks like a schoolboy. What's your point? - This guy isn't Messi and has been bought to play in the fastest and most furious league in the world, he might just get blown away.

Yeah, for £3.5m we should have a ready-made world-beater on our hands. - Should be a major, major signing for us, at that price, capable of making an impact NOW. For 'diplomatic answers' read distinctly underwhelmed and you might get the picture !!!

Way to put your neck on the block there. There's a good chance Formica won't set the PL on fire, but I'd prefer to watch him play awhile before writing the guy off. - So would I, but others have (seen him train / play) !!!

Football is about opinions, you pays your money and you takes your choice!

This guy isn't Messi and has been bought to play in the fastest and most furious league in the world, he might just get blown away.

Players like Messi, who are technically gifted, use their skill and intelligence to roll defenders twice their size. So I don't care if the guy looks like a schoolboy. It's his ability that counts.

Should be a major, major signing for us, at that price, capable of making an impact NOW. For 'diplomatic answers' read distinctly underwhelmed and you might get the picture !!!

We have to pay the market rate like the rest of the world. £3.5m is peanuts for a young prospect.

So would I, but others have (seen him train / play) !!!

Funny that, because he comes highly-rated from Argentina, where people have seen him play week in, week out.

Just give the doom-mongering a rest for a day.

Players like Messi, who are technically gifted, use their skill and intelligence to roll defenders twice their size. So I don't care if the guy looks like a schoolboy. It's his ability that counts. Exactly, so if he's good, why the hell isn't he playing ?

We have to pay the market rate like the rest of the world. £3.5m is peanuts for a young prospect. We are Blackburn Rovers and can't afford to be in that speculative market (young prospects). The foundations need underpinning first before we put in a mezzanine level !

Funny that, because he comes highly-rated from Argentina, where people have seen him play week in, week out. Just as people have seen him at Brockhall and in training / practice matches - does it really need spelling out ! Not read any reports about him ripping it up in training or players eulogising about him.

Just give the doom-mongering a rest for a day. Nothing would truly delight me more than to say what a great beneficial difference Venkys and Kean have made, everything in the garden is rosy and we will be competing with Europe's cream for years to come. For goodness sake, we are staring into the abyss - if that's not depressing then please send me some of what you are on!

Im sure when we signed Formica & Rochina they referred to our development group of young players for the future of this team....no talk of short term fix.

But we did need a short-term fix didn't we? No point planning for the long-term if we don't have one. A decent manager, Rovers in top half------no problem, ease these youngsters in gradually. Totally inappropriate for today's circumstances.

Exactly, so if he's good, why the hell isn't he playing ?

Because young players (especially those from a different culture) still need time to bed in. We aren't the only club taking this approach.

We are Blackburn Rovers and can't afford to be in that speculative market (young prospects). The foundations need underpinning first before we put in a mezzanine level !

The speculative market is the way we've made a killing.

Just as people have seen him at Brockhall and in training / practice matches - does it really need spelling out ! Not read any reports about him ripping it up in training or players eulogising about him.

I don't care about people raving about him. The guy doesn't need the pressure, anyway. All I care about is what he does when he crosses that white line. As a matter of a fact, Roberts was bigging him up on Twitter, and one of our younger players was impressed too - but I can't remember who it was.

For goodness sake, we are staring into the abyss - if that's not depressing then please send me some of what you are on!

Bigger stuff going on in the world than football, my friend.

But you're clearly revelling in it, so who am I to stop you enjoying yourself?

Guys it's not that difficult... Jones/Santa Cruz short-term fix, Rochina/Formica for long-term. How many young players that are bought outside of the Premier League are thrown straight into games? N'zonzi was a bit of an exception.

I see United are breaking that young mexican lad in gently, playing for the reserves..... :mellow:

Formica is 23 at the start of next month. Kalinic is already 23.

Understand if we were to break in gently by giving him 10-15 mins at the end of a game, but nothing at all is just weird to me, espcially given the shortage of creative midfielders we have at Ewood. At £3.5m, thats a lot for Rovers, and we need it supply a 1st team player.

Kalinic just isnt good enough, I just dont see what others see in his game. If we didnt play Villa 18 times a year, he wouldnt score at all.

Kalinic just isnt good enough, I just dont see what others see in his game. If we didnt play Villa 18 times a year, he wouldnt score at all.

How can you say Kalinic isn't good enough, he's banging goals in for Croatia and plays well for us so I don't understand your comment

Baz it is obvious you never look at the stats of our strikers because if you did you would never have come out with a comment like that ass if you see he is our top scorer no-one else comes close and the stats say he regularly scores for his national country shoots your theory down in flames!.

Top Scorer for us isnt much of a challenge though, is it? 2 of his goals this season are against Everton where Howard dropped it, and away to city when Jo Hart ran out of his goal - both open goals.

How many would pay the reported £6m we paid for him now? Very few I reckon.

His stats at international level are irrelevant IMO, most international games are very one sided. Look at Peter Crouchs stats at international level - against poor teams he's prolific, against good teams he's poor.

2 of his goals this season are against Everton where Howard dropped it, and away to city when Jo Hart ran out of his goal - both open goals.

them 2 goals you mention are due to the pressure he put on the keepers, top class striker when you look at it like that

If fit, Roque is our best striker by a country mile, followed by Roberts then Mame with Niko just ahead of Benjani, and thats because he's injured more than Roque.

We must have alongside Blackpool, Wigan and West Brom the worst forward line in the league.

Cant rank Rochina as not seen him yet.

Personally I'd play Roque upfront with an 2 wide attacking midfielders playing behind (Hoilett & Mame). 3 central midfielders and four at the back.

them 2 goals you mention are due to the pressure he put on the keepers, top class striker when you look at it like that

Honestly? Thats the hallmark of a top striker? Dickov must have been a worldie...

Because young players (especially those from a different culture) still need time to bed in. We aren't the only club taking this approach.

The speculative market is the way we've made a killing.

I don't care about people raving about him. The guy doesn't need the pressure, anyway. All I care about is what he does when he crosses that white line. As a matter of a fact, Roberts was bigging him up on Twitter, and one of our younger players was impressed too - but I can't remember who it was.

Bigger stuff going on in the world than football, my friend.- I will agree with you on that one! But you're clearly revelling in it, so who am I to stop you enjoying yourself? - stop talking shyte, see my earlier post - I am desperate to see a successful Rovers.

Topman, let's just beg to differ about Formica and I think you'll find that there's more to comer on this particular signing!

If any Rovers fan is expecting Formica or Rochina to drag us out of this mess then they may as well start planning for the Championship now!

The only query i'd have with the Formica signing is that we could have spent the £3.5m on something more immediate.

Then again, after beating West Brom we were 7th and not many people would have predicted we'd be where we are now.

Archived