BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mauro Formica Signs

Looks like his old club are falling apart without him. Spoke to some Newells fans and they say without formica there is no attacking play......Could be very good news for us just hope kean has the balls to give him a chance.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

formica unlikey for sat

what a surprise

Because throwing him in for his debut in a venomous derby which just so happens to one of our biggest and most important games in recent years is a superb idea. :rock:

For me seeing Formica start would be a sign of sheer desparation for Mr Kean. A place on the bench at most with the possibility of bringing him on if we were chasing the game. Although if he were on the bench I wouldn't put it past Kean bringing him on with us 2:1 up hanging on in the last 5 minutes of the game lol.

Guest linganzi

id say not as desperate as not playing your second most expensive signing since kalinic with agents fees totalling around as much as all our recent signings combined for two months, constantly siting ' not ready' as the reason.

a player kean wont have seen by the way, a player that jerome anderson will have had big fees on. he will have played in big argie derbies in front of massive crowds so he should handle this

id say not as desperate as not playing your second most expensive signing since kalinic with agents fees totalling around as much as all our recent signings combined for two months, constantly siting ' not ready' as the reason.

a player kean wont have seen by the way, a player that jerome anderson will have had big fees on. he will have played in big argie derbies in front of massive crowds so he should handle this

I will rephrase. It would be a risk and an unecessary one. I feel we should have enough to beat Blackpool anyway without him. It could pay off having him in the side but at the same time it could backfire catasrophically. If he did badly I'm sure everyone would be slating him and Kean for his inclusion at such an important time.

Off the bench when looking for a goal, yes. Anything else is a no for me.

Because throwing him in for his debut in a venomous derby which just so happens to one of our biggest and most important games in recent years is a superb idea. :rock:

For me seeing Formica start would be a sign of sheer desparation for Mr Kean. A place on the bench at most with the possibility of bringing him on if we were chasing the game. Although if he were on the bench I wouldn't put it past Kean bringing him on with us 2:1 up hanging on in the last 5 minutes of the game lol.

Spot on, not the time for him to make his debut just a little common sense tells you that, no point rushing him if we rely on an inerperianced sout american to save our season we really are screwed.

Guest linganzi

I didn't phrase it well

Expensive signing doesn't play for 2 months when we really need a ball player

Expensive signing I doubt the manager saw

I wonder how well the now departed Anderson did out of this ?

I can't see him ever being ready

I didn't phrase it well

Expensive signing doesn't play for 2 months when we really need a ball player

Expensive signing I doubt the manager saw

I wonder how well the now departed Anderson did out of this ?

I can't see him ever being ready

Me too. Its not as if we had to fend off any leading European clubs to gain his signature is it, which kind of raises a few questions to just how good is he.

• Backroom

Rebel can't you see that he is a massive failure and clearly the worst rovers signing in history?

Yeah me neither but some seem convinced already. Look at Smalling at united, didn't play for ages and now he's come in and looked great.

Me too. Its not as if we had to fend off any leading European clubs to gain his signature is it, which kind of raises a few questions to just how good is he.

umm...Monaco ring any bells? hijacked in a private plane after he's been photographed in their kit......

Just sayin.

Guest linganzi

We were not really in a position to be getting players who did not make an immediate impact. It stinks of a ja money maker

Being up to the French league is one thing ........

Rebel can't you see that he is a massive failure and clearly the worst rovers signing in history?

Yeah me neither but some seem convinced already. Look at Smalling at united, didn't play for ages and now he's come in and looked great.

Exactly SAF is a firm believer in breaking them in slow. Look at what he did with Beckam, sent him off on loan when everyone else thought he was ready.

Throwing them in at the deepend is a risk, some can swim but lots will drown.

Don't need to rush the lad and destroy his confidence; I feel that is what has afflicted Kalanic.

Let's not besmirch the player before he has set foot at Ewood in anger.

This all boils down to the mistrust that has began since Sam was sacked.

Kalinic was not rushed in. What I personally feel has afflicted Kalinic is being dropped whenever he has looked in a good run of form.

• Backroom

Playing Niko at Sunderland was a mistake in my eyes, I know he came off the bench due to an injury but it seemed to dent his confidence.

Archived