BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mauro Formica Signs

• Backroom

Kean needs to start thinking about what he's saying. I know he only said they'd probably feature but it gets the fans hopes up.

Stop saying what people want to hear and stick to the truth

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so Hoilett is out, does this mean that MB Diouf will play down the right wing? Jeez, the other guess will be Bert Down the rght which would be okay, as he would be good cover for Salgado. But seriously now, Formica and Rochina should at least make the Bench by now.

so Hoilett is out, does this mean that MB Diouf will play down the right wing? Jeez, the other guess will be Bert Down the rght which would be okay, as he would be good cover for Salgado. But seriously now, Formica and Rochina should at least make the Bench by now.

But the best alternative would have been Diouf the Elder, packed off to Rangers for no good reason.

Kean needs to start thinking about what he's saying. I know he only said they'd probably feature but it gets the fans hopes up.

Stop saying what people want to hear and stick to the truth

He's said that they're not ready.. that is the truth. Earlier in the week it may have looked like they could feature on the weekend which is what Kean said. Kean cannot be responsible for some fans getting carried away.

Hum. I suppose with Dunn, Hoilett and Formica unavailable it will be 442. In that case lets keep it really solid. Two good lines of four and discipline in tracking back.

------------------Cruz-----Kalinic

Olsson---Pedersen----Jones-----Emerton

Givet---------Nelsen----Samba----Salgado

---------------------Robinson

That is probably our best team available. Of those the only players currently performing convincingly are Olsson, Nelsen and Robinson. This is worrying. Cruz, Pedersen and Jones all need to have good games. It would be a major bonus if Kalinic can get something out of a partnership with Roque to worry the Villa defence.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how he will do that since he can't even get near the bench.

Apparently, he has been injured with a hamstring. That is why he wasn't on the bench vs fulham and didn't play today with the reserves.

I'm simply hoping the lad can help us retain posession further up field. I never liked Diouf, but his ball retention and ability to win free kicks alleviated pressure on our rickety back four. If Formica can help us keep posession further up the field it will be a great help. He seems to have ability on the ball and everything i've heard suggests he will create chances for people. But sadly i think he might be some way short in terms of physicality. If he can bulk up then he might be an asset. But something tells me we won't see a great deal of him this season.

Q) I watch Blackburn Rovers a lot and know that they signed Mauro Formica from Newell's Old Boys in January. I'm sure you will have seen him play in Argentina. Are you confident that he will be able to cope with the pace and intensity of the Premier League. Also, what is his best position? Is he better suited to play behind the striker or on the wing? How big a success do you think he will be for Blackburn?

Mushtaq Quraishi

A) I hope he comes off because he's a player I like a lot, although the doubt you raised about the pace and intensity of the Premier League is a legitimate concern. His natural position is behind the strikers - or lone striker - where he has something of the young Kaka about him - some thrust and an ability to shoot or set up the play off either foot. But he lacks Kaka's physique, so he might find his favourite spaces a bit congested in England, in which case it might be worthwhile shifting him wider. I think he could do well but he'll need time and patience.

Tim Vickery South American blog

Guest linganzi

Turns out vickerys concerns are true. They don't think he can hack the prem. Hardly surprising they keep stalling with him

Turns out vickerys concerns are true. They don't think he can hack the prem. Hardly surprising they keep stalling with him

Who are they? Im pretty sure kean said he'll feature on sat and injury is the reason we have yet to see him play.

• Backroom

How are the concerns true we havnt seen anything either way yet.

He should be in the squad I hope.

Although Kean said its good to throw him on when we are 2-0 or 3-0 up against someone! :rolleyes:

And just makes another mockery of Kean and the whole ongoing crisis at the club - what was all the rush to get him in the January window if the case is just to throw him on in this scenario (with us being 2 or 3 nil up - which is a laugh in itself)

Archived