BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mauro Formica Signs

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats if he plays. Plus 2 names-Anglieri at sunderland and Boselli at Wigan.

boselli wasnt exactly given time at wigan. shipped off on loan after being here what/... 4 months ?

players need time to settle and can sometimes be a full season before they are used to the prem. south american football is hugely different.

doing alright at genoa.. scored winner in the derby recently.. helping to relegate SAMP.

Player to watch from that squad is definately pablo piatti,who's club almeria just got relegated,he's a class act as for formica,next season he has to perform or he's gone.

Agree. A striker we should be looking at.

I also think Almeria have financial trouble.

That's rubbish,you obviously haven't seen piatti play,it doesn't matter how tall you are look at juninho and zola but doubt we could afford him and doubt kean even knows he exists.

Messi wouldn't hack it in the Premier League because he's also a midget little flea. :tu:

That's rubbish,you obviously haven't seen piatti play,it doesn't matter how tall you are look at juninho and zola but doubt we could afford him and doubt kean even knows he exists.

Comparing Piatti to any of those three is ridiculous, he's no where as good. Also Steo, I work at a sports betting company, I can assure you I've watched Piatti play many a number of times.

Argentina plays a friendly against Paraguay before the trip to Africa and Europe, and that squad has only players from their local league. Pure logistics.

Not pure logistics.

For years ppl have been pressuring Grondona to name a local based 'seleccion' because ppl are tired of seeing the same European based playboys stroll around the pitch. I

IIRC Maradona was the first to name a 'local seleccion since Bielsa's half arsed attempt. Its' one of the reasons Marardona gets sticks for using nearly 90 players during his 'regime'.

Anyway, Grondona has greenlighted another one because he's geting pressure from all sectors regarding the overall disaster that is Argentine football. it's a ointment to placate the barbarians at the gate--- mark my words-- none of that B squard will named to the Copa America teamsheet.

So, no , not pure logistics--

So which is the B team, the one that's mostly based on players from Europe and playing against Nigeria and Poland or the one based on the players from local league and playing against Paraguay? :)

there both the B teams, the real team is the one with Higuain, Aguero, Messi and Tevez up front.

Interesting that Higuain, Aguero, Messi and Formica are all the same age. If the Argentinian public are hoping he's a future star of the team surely he needs to jump on leaps and bounds over the next season or 2 in our first team. He must be up to something because although he is young he's not a teenager and with high hopes you're hardly gonna be waiting around for him to peak when he's 30. Let's hope he gets up to fitness over pre-season and can make the grade.

It's good news that he has been called up. He's obviously rated in Argentina and despite this being a squad without the big names, it's good that he will be getting some competitive games in. I think he could be a good player for us. It just hasn't been the right time to put him into the first team considering the position we've found ourselves in. If he gets a good pre-season under his belt and impresses then I would hope to see him in the team at the start of next season. We won't know if he is good enough or able to deal with the pace of the Premiership until he plays a number of games. We've been crying out for a creative player in the team and I would like to see this guy given some game time so we can see what he can do.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived