BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first part he said he wants us to be established as a mid table team first then he said top 6- building on a solid foundation- that top 6 quote has been taken out of context, but then most of what is said about Kean and Venkys is out of context.

The first part he said he wants us to be established as a mid table team first then he said top 6- building on a solid foundation- that top 6 quote has been taken out of context, but then most of what is said about Kean and Venkys is out of context.

The article is from February, and was only posted so John could ridicule the manager.

The article is from February, and was only posted so John could ridicule the manager.

Kean made the comments not me...?

He also made comments eluding to finishing in the top 5 - again, those were not my comments but our managers.

Or have I missed something.

Kean made the comments not me...?

He also made comments eluding to finishing in the top 5 - again, those were not my comments but our managers.

Or have I missed something.

Have you got a link for the top 5 comment John? No bother if you haven't I will check it later.

I simply feel a lot of stuff has been taken out of context to ridicule the manager.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Blackburn-Rovers-News-Steve-Kean-dreams-of-a-top-5-finish,-defender-Phil-Jones-injured-a49053

'Can we finish top 5?' its a fair comment if everyone is fit but we have a few injuries.

How does that equate to Kean thinking that we will finish top 5 this season?

Have you got a link for the top 5 comment John? No bother if you haven't I will check it later.

I simply feel a lot of stuff has been taken out of context to ridicule the manager.

"Ridicule the manager"-----appalling isn't it? :wacko:

The irony eh?

Blackburn's temporary coach is confident he can fulfill the seemingly impossible demands of the club's new owners by guiding the team into the top five of the English Premier League while spending only 5 million pounds

"If we have a full squad and 5 million pounds, I am confident we could finish above 10th," Steve Kean said. "But we need to sit down and see how the 5 million breaks down. I do not know if it is just 5 million on salaries and fees or just fees. First and foremost, we need to know what the budget is for January.

"Can we finish in the top five only spending 5 million? It is fair comment if everyone is fit."

Following last night, I wonder whether Berbatov is on his way out of United. Fergie tends to ship out strikers once they hit 30 (Cole, Yorke etc). Technically excellent (doesn't rely on pace)and would surely lead the line alot better than our existing players and he's also a top finisher. Proven Premier quality and would certainly be a marquee signing. No idea as to price but poss around £10-12 million given his wages would be high.

Blackburn's temporary coach is confident he can fulfill the seemingly impossible demands of the club's new owners by guiding the team into the top five of the English Premier League while spending only 5 million pounds

"If we have a full squad and 5 million pounds, I am confident we could finish above 10th," Steve Kean said. "But we need to sit down and see how the 5 million breaks down. I do not know if it is just 5 million on salaries and fees or just fees. First and foremost, we need to know what the budget is for January.

"Can we finish in the top five only spending 5 million? It is fair comment if everyone is fit."

Cringeworthy.

He is confident of finishing above 10th after spending 5 million, the rest is a shortened version of what i pasted earlier, a question followed by it's a fair comment does not equate to Kean saying we will finish in the top 5 this season- that's how I read it anyway.

Following last night, I wonder whether Berbatov is on his way out of United. Fergie tends to ship out strikers once they hit 30 (Cole, Yorke etc). Technically excellent (doesn't rely on pace)and would surely lead the line alot better than our existing players and he's also a top finisher. Proven Premier quality and would certainly be a marquee signing. No idea as to price but poss around £10-12 million given his wages would be high.

As good as that would be, we would never get Berbatov in a million years.

Keep dreaming son, Derek Riordan is the kind of level we are both looking at and would sign for us. No player of Berbatov's level is going to join us with the owners and manager we have currently.

He is confident of finishing above 10th after spending 5 million, the rest is a shortened version of what i pasted earlier, a question followed by it's a fair comment does not equate to Kean saying we will finish in the top 5 this season- that's how I read it anyway.

kean may not have said it but barry white venky 100% said 8th AND a cup win this upcoming season .It was on Granada Reports.

berbatov...this sites as deluded as the venkys at times..

No player of Berbatov's level is going to join us with the owners and manager we have currently.

Footballers are a mecenary bunch, I am quite sure that if terms were actually agreed, most players would come.

berbatov...this sites as deluded as the venkys at times..

...and the difference between getting a 30 yr old Andy Cole or a 30 year old Berbatov is?

With Deportivo being relagated I would love us to make a move for Andrés Guardado. He is a cracking player and can play either out on the left wing or as an attacking midfielder behind the striker(s). However, the management may feel we already have enough in that area with Rochina and Formica. If that is the case then I hope they are the real deal (Formica more so given his age) and can do the business net season. I sometimes wonder whether the scouts are aware of players like Guardado when a team like Depor has been relegated. Surely they will be looking at that squad and various others dropping out of the top flight of their respective countries (Spain, Italy, Germany etc).

Footballers are a mecenary bunch, I am quite sure that if terms were actually agreed, most players would come.

...and the difference between getting a 30 yr old Andy Cole or a 30 year old Berbatov is?

do you honestly believe we could sign berbatov? 15-20 million,god knows what in wages, no champions league and kean.

Archived