BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

If we could get ba and van nistelrooy on frees I would think that would be our strikers sorted. We could consider others such as Carew and klose on frees too.

Then larsson and Vaughan/reo-coker, with j jones, and our midfield looks stronger.

All of these free agents would be difficult to get though, with the competition we will face for them.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondering the same thing myself, massive cock up by West Ham to agree to that term. Think he cost them £7million.

Probably a free relegation release clause, just in case he turned out to be a duffer and they got stuck paying his wages.

Benjani,Roberts, Van Nistleroy, Santa Cruz-------our strike force! Blood hell! Whatever is Kean thinking of?

It'll be like that episode of Dad's Army where their make-up is washed off in the rain!

Benjani,Roberts, Van Nistleroy, Santa Cruz-------our strike force! Blood hell! Whatever is Kean thinking of?

And also Diouf...

From LT... http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9053942.Benjani_to_be_offered_Blackburn_Rovers_deal/

Kean also admitted he will be talking to Manchester City, Manchester United and Schalke about the prospect of keeping last season’s loan stars Roque Santa Cruz, Mame Biram Diouf and Jermaine Jones in East Lancashire.

Benjani is useful depth. He seems a nice, affable guy who would be a bit of fun in the change rooms and useful on the training track. If we can boost his fitness, I'm happy to keep him on the proviso that he is essentially our 5th striker.

Not convinced on MBD. I'm not convinced the developed a passion for the shirt like JJ did. Whilst we sorely need pace, I'm bit sure he's worth chasing.

Benjani is useful depth. He seems a nice, affable guy who would be a bit of fun in the change rooms and useful on the training track. If we can boost his fitness, I'm happy to keep him on the proviso that he is essentially our 5th striker.

Not convinced on MBD. I'm not convinced the developed a passion for the shirt like JJ did. Whilst we sorely need pace, I'm bit sure he's worth chasing.

WTF

:wacko:

Have talked to people who were at Kean's press conference yesterday, seems that there was bit of confusion regarding what Kean said, the consensus seems to be that the transfer budget is between £5-£10 million. I think that it will be nearer the £10 million mark plus whatever is raised from sale of players. The big change here is that Kean also said that he will get every single penny of money raised from transfers.

To be honest I will be quite relieved if Venky's only spend what they can afford, in the long term that is the best way forward for the club. There is no point Venky's spending £20-£30 million if they can't afford it, because while in the short term it may be exciting for the fans in the long term it will be disaster for the club.

If they are prepared to invest £5-£10 million each transfer window (which is what they said when they bought the club) and with some clever loan deals (ala Jermaine Jones in January) then the club moves forward. I am much more comfortable with this kind of investment model then one that is based on the owners financing the club with huge amounts of money that they can't afford.

I would agree with this. let's spend what we can afford. 10 million pounds to spend is a very decent budget plus transfer sales. If Samba wants to go Arsenal to win things. I think most rovers fans would accept this, BUT then we must keep Phil Jones here at the club next season then!

If we manage to get J Jones, surely we'll have competition so will do well, Reo-Cocker added to N'Zonzi them we will have a good choice from two of them for the centre if midfield, work horses all three of them.

I also believe Peter Crouch, if he is leaving Spurs, would be a very good foil for Hoilett.

This is me assuming we actually have money, otherwise we will need to cash in on Samba and replace him as well.

Crouch is a good shout but can't see him coming to rovers.

J Jones is a must buy. Would allow us to get rid of Grella permanent, maybe paid him off. Reo-Coker is a decent shout if we can't sign JJ, but Sunderland want him so we will have to move fast.

A replacement for Samba aswell.

Larsson & Ba seems like serious possibilities to me. 2 excellent freebies!!

Re-coker isnt a bad shout in terms of filling the home grown quota, getting us a decent midfielder/ right back.

I agree that Larrson and Ba would be very good signings.

Would anybody take a chance on Michael Owen? I undecide on him whether he would play enough for us to take a chance on him. Might be better off going for Daniel Sturridge.

I don't make sense of it. Kean complained all through the relegation battle about our lack of goals.

Yet he says he wants 2 strikers and a mid-fielder and they are apparently Jones, Santa Cruz and M Diouf!

If that happens we will simply get the same outcome.

I don't make sense of it. Kean complained all through the relegation battle about our lack of goals.

Yet he says he wants 2 strikers and a mid-fielder and they are apparently Jones, Santa Cruz and M Diouf!

If that happens we will simply get the same outcome.

Totally agree, sign JJ if possible, but we struggled for goals, signing 2 of the problems permanently is not the way forward.

Neither Cruz or Diouf did enough to earn permanent deals. If we go into next season with Jbob, Mb diouf, Cruz and benji. We are screwed. No idea what's gonna happen to Niko, my guess is we would listen to offers.

I would agree with this. let's spend what we can afford. 10 million pounds to spend is a very decent budget plus transfer sales. If Samba wants to go Arsenal to win things. I think most rovers fans would accept this

Is this the same Arsenal that haven't won anything in over 5 years? :lol:

So it looks like our £20m budget is now £10m and that we'll be spent on Santa Cruz, JJ, Diouf and Benjani's new contract...why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

Guest roverite1991

JJ - deffo sign him.

MBD - Yes, if cheap (hear me out). He's essentially a young Roberts, so why not? Also love watching him leap as high as he does (even if he misses the header). Only the same outcome as Roberts falling over. Would allow us to move Roberts on (lets face it, his value will be going down now. 31/32 ain't he?)

RSC - feck no!

I'm not the person to suggest targets, as I do not know much about players overseas. I'll leave that to the people who know that kinda thing.

In England, however, I think Steve Morrison at Millwall would be a good player. He steps up whenever he needs to! I'd also consider looking at Craig Mackail-Smith (Peterbrough?) as he's very good on the ball and a clinical finisher. Whether he'd be a Derbyshire or a Beckford (or better) in the PL remains to be seen, however.

I would agree with this. let's spend what we can afford. 10 million pounds to spend is a very decent budget plus transfer sales. If Samba wants to go Arsenal to win things. I think most rovers fans would accept this, BUT then we must keep Phil Jones here at the club next season then!

Crouch is a good shout but can't see him coming to rovers.

J Jones is a must buy. Would allow us to get rid of Grella permanent, maybe paid him off. Reo-Coker is a decent shout if we can't sign JJ, but Sunderland want him so we will have to move fast.

A replacement for Samba aswell.

I agree that Larrson and Ba would be very good signings.

Would anybody take a chance on Michael Owen? I undecide on him whether he would play enough for us to take a chance on him. Might be better off going for Daniel Sturridge.

The young up-coming Sturridge or the old, expensive injury prone Michael Owen ? Give me a milli-second to decide on that one. Not that we've got a chance of signing Sturridge.

Just like Rovers isn't it , I was on cloud nine a week ago, we'd beat the drop . Now we could begin to clear out the massed ranks of spear carriers and treatment table regulars we've accumulated over the years and sign some real players in their place. What are we doing- signing up all the old dross that nearly got us relegated in the first place ! Maybe we should offer Grella a new contract, I mean we've hardly given him a chance at Ewood have we.

One week later I'm depressed again.

Archived