BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

People keep your underpant's on. 95% of transfer talk is nonsense. In fact I think it goes up to 99% nonsense when Rovers are concerned!

I agree above, hopefully we get most of our business done early, give everyone a good pre-season.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nothing wrong with trying to sign players like Larsson that, despite not being the star players we need, will definetly streghten the squad. And he is free.

And, before everyone starts getting hysterical, it is still May, there are still 3 months left till the end of transfers...

He's no better than what we're already got, in fact I'd play Emerton in the form he's recently been in before I'd play Larrson. Let's not blow this close sason on journeymen.

Press rubbish- I agree Bucky.

I am afraid though it will continue, we were led to believe that Boyd, Geovanni and co would be arriving as SEM clients, I expect a higher calibre of player to arrive and push for a starting 11 place rather than someone to make up the 25 man squad.

I agree imy, we need to sign 2 or 3 first teams (including JJ if possible) and not simply bring in faces for the squad.

Our first team is not good enough in midfield or forward positions, and could be weakened in defence this Summer.

Question is, will we get established PL quality or gamble on the next Ruben Rochina...? It surely has to be the former.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6955003,00.html

Reo-Coker on a free would do very nicely.

Reo-Coker and Carew would do is very nicely. I wouldn't want Carew as our main striker signing, but as back up (and an option from the bench) he'd contribute more than Santa Cruz/Benjani/Diouf have this year.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind Pires if his wages were low. The likes of Formica/Rochina/Hoilett could learn a lot from him.

Larsson, Phillips and Bowyer released from Birmingham. Larsson would be great. I'd take Bowyer too, still full of energy and would add depth the midfield. I wouldn't be adverse to Phillips if we needed backup, another one capable of changing the game from the bench.

Edit: Before anyone goes mental at the above suggestions, with the exception of Reo-Coker and possibly Larsson, they would be to bulk out the squad with reliable, proven Premier League quality without spending a penny, meaning we can throw whatever money we have at getting some top quality.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind Pires if his wages were low. The likes of Formica/Rochina/Hoilett could learn a lot from him.

Nah man, you can't teach how to grow a goatee like that. You either can, or you can't.

Still get him in though; I'd pay to just look at it.

Its funny how we are always being linked with "squad players".

Are we?

According to your list above we are getting rid of several squad players. Is it merely so we can sign some more?

I don't agree that Santa Cruz & Kalinic are squad players, but I was simply highlighting that we need bodies with all these strikers leaving. And yes, we do need to sign more squad players. That's football.

But personally, with Riordan's record, we'd be better off with Blackman.

This transfer window is the last opportunity for Venkys to turn promises into reality. Why, if we have more money available than ever before (as Kean said) are we looking at the Scottish League for a free transfer? Larson is on a free too.

Doesn't bode well to me and I'm hoping its press rubbish.

Stop getting your panties in a bunch over one non-story, then.

Got a feeling we may be a tad disappointed by our 'biggest budget' for many a year. I would think we'll have around £10 million before any players are sold. Which in fairness, in the context of the last 10 years, would be our biggest kitty. From previous rhetoric it is possible that a 'marquee' signing will be funded from a different pot - however, this may or may not happen.

There are one or 2 free transfers out there that would certainly improve our squad and would be excellent value if we could move some of the deadwood on.

The one thing that should be helpful this year is that if we have a decent kitty to start, we are not reliant on having to sell before we buy. Hopefully this may give us an edge over some other teams and help get deals done early.

Reo-Coker and Carew would do is very nicely. I wouldn't want Carew as our main striker signing, but as back up (and an option from the bench) he'd contribute more than Santa Cruz/Benjani/Diouf have this year.

Larsson, Phillips and Bowyer released from Birmingham. Larsson would be great. I'd take Bowyer too, still full of energy and would add depth the midfield. I wouldn't be adverse to Phillips if we needed backup, another one capable of changing the game from the bench.

Edit: Before anyone goes mental at the above suggestions, with the exception of Reo-Coker and possibly Larsson, they would be to bulk out the squad with reliable, proven Premier League quality without spending a penny, meaning we can throw whatever money we have at getting some top quality.

i wouldn't take Carew - a couple of years back maybe but he's a long way past his best. Reo-Coker - well there's a reason why they are letting him go and it's probably because, despite being very promising, he hasn't fulfilled that promise. As for the Birmingham players - remind me which team got relegated last Sunday along with Wigan and West Ham. there are reasons why teams get regated; their players are either not good enough or are underperforming for their team. Sometimes that's down to poor management, but often it's to do with player attitude or ability. I get annoyed when everyone seems to think we can only pick up castoffs from clubs who are poorer than us. If we're looking at cast offs then they really have to be food enough to walk into our first 19 and if not, then what's the point?

Rajeev Gupta BBC

Great interview with #blackburn manager steve kean.. Told me #venkys hav give him 5m more for transfers

Twitter message from Rajeev. So the £5million is our best transfer budget !!

Rajeev Gupta BBC

Great interview with #blackburn manager steve kean.. Told me #venkys hav give him 5m more for transfers

Twitter message from Rajeev. So the £5million is our best transfer budget !!

5m more than the 20m they have already given him?

MORE???????

the pessimist in me says the £20m we'll have to spend will be AFTER Samba leaves, but it would be nice if this year WE could be the ones starting the transfer merry-go-round!

Gumboots have you seen Larsson play? He is a good player with brilliant delivery. Would be a good addition to our squad. Wouldn't take bowyer though

5m has to be a joke surely

yes, i've seen Larssen play and depending on who we can clear out and who we lose, he is probably the one we've been linked with that I'd take, but we are not so desperate surely this year that all we can think of getting is poorer clubs cast offs. Every player is someone's cast off unless you've brought them through your own youth system but if you pick them up from better clubs and persuade weaker clubs to sell you the players they want to keep then you will progress. otherwise you are standing still or going backwards.

I think so too but he is a bit physically frail and on the light side. Thats his let-down I think.

Didn't he play in every minute of every game from Brum this season?

Granted not Samba in stature but wouldn't call him light or frail.

Archived