[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seb Larsson would be okay for me, he is a good set piece taker

Larsson J Jones Nzonzi Olsson

Hoilett

New Striker

We certainly need a player who can score from free kicks and give dangerous crosses. J.Jones´free kick from scoring range at Wolves was horrible. Charlie Adam would ring a bell but he will end up to a big club, to sit on a bench.

Srdjan Lakic

According to his wiki he signed for Wolfsburg in January keeping him there to 2015.

From Croatia, aged 27. 31 goals in 70 apps for Kaiserslautern.

Niko would have told him a word or two about Rovers anyway.

We certainly need a player who can score from free kicks and give dangerous crosses. J.Jones´free kick from scoring range at Wolves was horrible. Charlie Adam would ring a bell but he will end up to a big club, to sit on a bench.

indeed. I just think our midfield is okay, so no need for Charlie Adam, unless we let Hoilett continue down the wing, and give Adam that role behind the striker. The other option would be Nzogbia or Hitzelperger, but I cant see Adam, Nzogbia or Hitz joining us. Hitzelperger seems to have overcome his injuries, but I think we should rather avoid if we should have a look at him.

Surely. On the other hand I don't understand why we should be interested in an older version with less goals in the national team than kalinic. He might be a late bloomer

indeed. I just think our midfield is okay, so no need for Charlie Adam, unless we let Hoilett continue down the wing, and give Adam that role behind the striker. The other option would be Nzogbia or Hitzelperger, but I cant see Adam, Nzogbia or Hitz joining us. Hitzelperger seems to have overcome his injuries, but I think we should rather avoid if we should have a look at him.

"our midfield is ok"---can't agree there. In the first place we haven't signed Jones yet and may not.

Secondly N'Zonzi and J Jones are good in the centre but essentially they are both defensive players. There's no "lock-picker". Never has been since Bentley went.

Hoilett and Ollson should both play on the flanks and a fifth mid-fielder should be in the Charlie Adam mould-------brilliant passer and scores a few. That would be an awesome line-up.

If we play 4-4-2, as many want, Jones and N'Zonzi haven't the creativity--which is one reason why we don't score enough. Its not just that the strikers are poor.

Some are assuming that Formica can fulfill this role but where's the evidence for that?

stoke looking at wilson palacios ? we should definatly be looking at him also - he would bring quality to our midfield ...

seb larsson would be a good signing also in my opinion - decent set piece taker - and can play in a number of a positions - we need a good squad not just a good first 11 and he would be one player who would be a good squad player

Regardless of who we sign and for how much, I hope for once we’ll be able to tie most deals up well in advance of the new season. If we have a budget, we should already know our targets, so putting deals together needs to start now and not last minute as always seems the case.

Gabriel Heinze today confirmed that he will leave Marseille after this season. He's 33, but if Venkys pick up his salary I'd like to see him as a replacement for Samba (if he's leaving, that is). Heinze can cover at left back, is a mean old @#/? and have a decent left foot on him for free kicks, pretty much a better version of Gael Givet.

EDIT: Also wondering, is Riordan a classic poacher or is there more to his forward game? Seeing Kris Boyd fail at Boro didn't exactly raise my confidence in Scottish strikers...

Derek Riordan according to skysports http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6954557,00.html

Decent player but should be looking at better

Should be looking for a better quality striker than him. we need a proven goalscorer.

here is Riordan stats for this season

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0,19754,11792_239759,00.html

Not scoring enough goals in a poor quality league this season but maybe kean is looking at him as a squad player after he has signed a proven goalscorer and another striker. 4th choice striker.

if the so called budget for next season is substantial, why in the world are we looking at a Scottish striker on a free transfer. :rolleyes:

if we looking at him, we might as well look at DJ Campbell or Robbie Keane

if the so called budget for next season is substantial, why in the world are we looking at a Scottish striker on a free transfer. :rolleyes:

if we looking at him, we might as well look at DJ Campbell or Robbie Keane

We still need squad players, especially up front. Santa Cruz, M Diouf, Kalinic, & Benjani all potentially leaving the club. That leaves us short of options.

Gabriel Heinze today confirmed that he will leave Marseille after this season. He's 33, but if Venkys pick up his salary I'd like to see him as a replacement for Samba (if he's leaving, that is). Heinze can cover at left back, is a mean old @#/? and have a decent left foot on him for free kicks, pretty much a better version of Gael Givet.

EDIT: Also wondering, is Riordan a classic poacher or is there more to his forward game? Seeing Kris Boyd fail at Boro didn't exactly raise my confidence in Scottish strikers...

I always thought Heinze was a career full back. Not someone I'd see as a replacement for Samba. Replacing Givet (if he wants to leave) perhaps but two full-backs at the end of their careers? Doesn't sound ideal.

Should be looking for a better quality striker than him. we need a proven goalscorer.

here is Riordan stats for this season

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0,19754,11792_239759,00.html

Not scoring enough goals in a poor quality league this season but maybe kean is looking at him as a squad player after he has signed a proven goalscorer and another striker. 4th choice striker.

Agree but this year Hibs havent been a good side, so 11 goals may be a decent return, not seen Hibs play this year but saw them a couple of years ago and Riordon looked half decent.

"our midfield is ok"---can't agree there. In the first place we haven't signed Jones yet and may not.

Secondly N'Zonzi and J Jones are good in the centre but essentially they are both defensive players. There's no "lock-picker". Never has been since Bentley went.

Hoilett and Ollson should both play on the flanks and a fifth mid-fielder should be in the Charlie Adam mould-------brilliant passer and scores a few. That would be an awesome line-up.

If we play 4-4-2, as many want, Jones and N'Zonzi haven't the creativity--which is one reason why we don't score enough. Its not just that the strikers are poor.

Some are assuming that Formica can fulfill this role but where's the evidence for that?

we could give junior that role, and bring in Seb Larsson like I said. We know Junior has the ability, and also have Formica as back up if he has a strong pre season. The money, I would like to see us spend on a top quality striker or 2. I think we created enough chances this season, but missed a quality striker to score them.

I always thought Heinze was a career full back. Not someone I'd see as a replacement for Samba. Replacing Givet (if he wants to leave) perhaps but two full-backs at the end of their careers? Doesn't sound ideal.

Is Nelsen retiring? Why have so many forgotten about him(well except RIML) :lol:

If Samba goes, Nelsen is more than capable to step in, and we could still attempt to bring in a quality centre half ie Dann or Roger Johnson

we could give junior that role, and bring in Seb Larsson like I said. We know Junior has the ability, and also have Formica as back up if he has a strong pre season. The money, I would like to see us spend on a top quality striker or 2. I think we created enough chances this season, but missed a quality striker to score them.

I'd like to see us sign a top quality striker too------let's hope we're not signing a Scottish striker on a free eh? Otherwise that 20M transfer budget is looking a bit sick.

We still need squad players, especially up front. Santa Cruz, M Diouf, Kalinic, & Benjani all potentially leaving the club. That leaves us short of options.

Its funny how we are always being linked with "squad players". According to your list above we are getting rid of several squad players. Is it merely so we can sign some more?

This transfer window is the last opportunity for Venkys to turn promises into reality. Why, if we have more money available than ever before (as Kean said) are we looking at the Scottish League for a free transfer? Larson is on a free too.

Doesn't bode well to me and I'm hoping its press rubbish.

Edit-----Larsson, Riordan and Myles Anderson! What a great transfer window that would be! All free too!

There's nothing wrong with trying to sign players like Larsson that, despite not being the star players we need, will definetly streghten the squad. And he is free.

And, before everyone starts getting hysterical, it is still May, there are still 3 months left till the end of transfers...

There's nothing wrong with trying to sign players like Larsson that, despite not being the star players we need, will definetly streghten the squad. And he is free.

And, before everyone starts getting hysterical, it is still May, there are still 3 months left till the end of transfers...

I've heard both of those claims before. Then when the dross gets here its "they're Rovers players, we have to get behind them" or "well they're here now give them a chance".

Surely we are not going to throw away that wonderful lifeline we won in such style last weekend? Surely there is lots of money available as Kean said he'd been promised?

Our dealings in the past couple of years suggests we really ought to get our business done early. Leave it to the end and either fail miserably and not get anyone, or gamble with sh1tty odds.

Archived