BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barton would need a strong manager to keep him in check , Barton has calmed his behaviour off the pitch ( i mean he had to didnt he!!!) on it he's been playing the best football of his career and he was right when he said he's better than some of the midfielders England have selected in the last 18 months , for £1m Joey Barton the footballer is a bargain , Joey Barton the person , well i'm not sure Kean could handle him

Need to get a legal bid in for Demba Ba ASAP. He's a good fit up front for us, and for around 6-8m haven't seen any better suggestions.

Failed a medical at Stoke and in Tony Pulis own words ‘If he’d been close to being OK we would’ve signed him. But the medical reports we had showed there was a massive risk'

Too much money for the risk IMO.

For 1.25 million, its not a bad shout. 13 goals is a decent return.

It's an excellent shout, IMO. He's as unglamorous as they come, but knows where the net is, and would be a much better option off the bench than a lot/most of our current strikers.

And a ###### up drink driver as a manager that's a good image for the club!

Jim says that ok but a crap manager aint..hughsey .you would like a player who stubs cigars out in a team mates eyes? He pure scum

Failed a medical at Stoke and in Tony Pulis own words ‘If he’d been close to being OK we would’ve signed him. But the medical reports we had showed there was a massive risk'

Too much money for the risk IMO.

Looked fit enough lashing goals in for West Ham the last few months. Didn't know we had to go through Stoke's medical team before signing a player. We put a bid in, and check him out, if there is something there, then sure pull out of the deal.

• Backroom

I'd have no problem with us lodging a bid for Ba, but I'd want the medical team to do a thorough check on Ba before we go ahead. The last thing we need is Dahlin mkII. West Ham were desperate enough to ignore whatever Stoke found, but we've not got that same pressure.

On the other hand, I'm assuming this is the same team that allowed Vince Grella to pass a medical ......

According to his agent, Arsenal and Tottenham already made bids for Falcão, FC Porto striker.

Current release clause: €30 million

FC Porto want to renew his contract and put his release clause in €60 million.

Venky's, he should be your marquee signing!!!

Anyway, if he goes to Tottenham, who would be sold? Crouch? It seems Tottenham want 12,5 million € for him. Too much money for a 30 year old striker.

According to his agent, Arsenal and Tottenham already made bids for Falcão, FC Porto striker.

Current release clause: €30 million

FC Porto want to renew his contract and put his release clause in €60 million.

Venky's, he should be your marquee signing!!!

Anyway, if he goes to Tottenham, who would be sold? Crouch? It seems Tottenham want 12,5 million € for him. Too much money for a 30 year old striker.

Get in there!

If nothing else it shows ambition :)

• Backroom

Owen looked okay when playing at Man Utd... but that's Man Utd. Without the same quality of service it'll be closer to his tenure at Newcastle again IMO. Owen isn't the type of player we need, unfortunately RVR I've got a bad feeling too. Cheap, a well-known name, potential market value for Venky's...

I think hope Steve Kean signs players who will improve our first XI rather than our squad.

Joey Barton would improve our midfield but he's not the type of player I want at my club because he's an idiot. We've already got one idiot at the club (EHD) but hopefully he'll be gone asap.

To be fair to Barton he does seem to have stopped the well publicised on and off the field antics and having read recent interviews it does sound like he has in a way finally 'grown up'. Barton would definitely improve our side there's no question about that and I personally would take him at Rovers but I can understand why some don't want him near the club.

I can't see him coming here anyway, if Diouf doesn't fit the moral code of conduct that the owners have in mind then there's no chance Barton will. I guess their stance on morality might come into question if a certain manager ends up being convicted of drink driving.

We need to keep P. Jones, Hoillet, Olsson.

I think Samba needs to go. He is too often in the papers. Sell him and be done. Ditto Givet and his money complaints. Perhpas try to get Boateng at ManC as a replacement? How is he doing there?

We should also pick up an experienced and competent specialized left back. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue. Perhaps Onuoha of ManC?

But no to Warnock. He's lost it.

As to midfielders, my first choice, J. Jones and my second choice, Palacios.

No to Barton. Yes, he is personally talented but he is a distruptive influence.

We do need at least two, maybe three strikers. I hope we let go RSC, M. Diouf and Benjani, sell Kalinic (will not flourish under Kean) and Roberts (not ood enough), and bring in three qaulity (but non-marquee) strikers. We can then recall Blackman and/or arrange a loan deal for a fourth and evaluate things then.

I hope we avoic Ba. This club is full of sick notes and I dread gambling on another. Perhaps RVN, Sturridge and Crouch? I know, I'm dreaming.

Looked fit enough lashing goals in for West Ham the last few months. Didn't know we had to go through Stoke's medical team before signing a player. We put a bid in, and check him out, if there is something there, then sure pull out of the deal.

Obviously we don't need to go through Stoke's medical team but I suppose you knew that any way.

Why on earth some on here would want us gambling 6-8 million pounds on a player who has recently failed a medical when our current squad has plenty players who never play is beyond me.

Knee problems can be extremely difficult to cater for due to all the variables in the knee joint ala Kieron Dyer (another crock who West Ham desperately signed).

He's 29, he's had 1 good season in the top flight and now people expect him to be a top Premier League player? Come on!

DJ Campbell isn't going to solve our goalscoring problems and push us up the league. We need to invest in a striker who is proven at the highest level and can be relied to fit into our system and produce week in week out.

Who that player is? I don't know but I hope the Rovers staff have their eye on whoever it is.

If we sign DJ Campbell and expect him to be our main striker then we might as well throw in the towel now.

Archived