BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This.

Not sure why Milan would want to sell him, its not like he's not playing or scoring goals. Still only 27, if Venkys want a marquee signing this would be your guy.

Would we have the same unity in the dressing room if we signed a slacker like Robinho, on God knows how much a week?

Why would someone leave Milan to join us just after the first Scudetto in years?

He won't.

I have no doubt that Venky's might target someone like him (they were offering big money to Ronaldinho don't forget) but actually getting him is a different matter and let's be honest it's not going to happen. The last thing we need is another transfer window of talk about 'Rovers trying to sign big name player who won't come in a million years' that makes us look like a bunch of amateurs.

If Venky's want to spend some serious cash there are plenty of players out there who will take us to the next level if the money is spent wisely.

Is your information usually reliable Billy?

Robinho is better than what we have, and has had a decent enough season for AC Milan. I would welcome him with open arms, while you'd rather stick with Roberts, Benjani and Kalinic? You must be out of your minds :D

who said they'd rather stick with roberts, Benjani and Kalinic? We'd rather have 2 or even 3 decent strikers who would help our team ratherthan one big name who'd possibly tear it apart in terms of spirit etc. That's not to say those 3 are the 3 we've got now.

He won't.

I have no doubt that Venky's might target someone like him (they were offering big money to Ronaldinho don't forget) but actual getting him is a different matter and let's be honest it's not going to happen. The last thing we need is another transfer window of talk about 'Rovers trying to sign big name player who won't come in a million years' that makes us look like a bunch of amateurs.

If Venky's want to spend some serious cash there are plenty of players out there who will take us to the next level if the money is spent wisely.

Couldn't agree more

who said they'd rather stick with roberts, Benjani and Kalinic? We'd rather have 2 or even 3 decent strikers who would help our team ratherthan one big name who'd possibly tear it apart in terms of spirit etc. That's not to say those 3 are the 3 we've got now.

We have tried and failed in some of the previous windows. With our current strikeforce, do you agree that it's madness to say no to someone like Robinho?

I don't think it will happen either, and I would also spend my money on someone with a bigger apetite for the game, as well as 'better value for money'. But as a marquee signing I think it's crazy not to want him, imagine the publicity it would get us and on his day a magnificent player.

We have tried and failed in some of the previous windows. With our current strikeforce, do you agree that it's madness to say no to someone like Robinho?

I don't think it will happen either, and I would also spend my money on someone with a bigger apetite for the game, as well as 'better value for money'. But as a marquee signing I think it's crazy not to want him, imagine the publicity it would get us and on his day a magnificent player.

And when is his day? Not often enough, especially at a club like ours I suspect. Who, apart from the owners, cares about publicity? We care about points on the board and I think signing someone like him would cause more problems than it would solve. I know we have no say in it, and if the owners want to pursue a pointless target just for the sake of being able to say "LOOk what clever boys we are" then they will do so. However, we're talking about what would improve Blackburn Rovers and help them to progress and I can't see how signing a spoilt little boy like Robinho would help us.

I have no 'source' at all, it was something a friend at work mentioned and I was wondering if this was another daft bid like Ronaldinho, or even less than that. He is talented, but a sulky tool who'll not pull his weight over a season, so I'd be in agreement with Gumboots.

Quite like to see Nzogbia here. If Hoilett starts to play regularly 'in the hole' then someone like Nzogbia would do a great job out wide.

Id steer clear of any Blackpool players bar Adam. Dj Campbell did well in a team which was all out attack and was designed with only creative midfielders and strikers in mind. He isn't going to make a difference playing in a side which doesn't create as much. He'd be as effective as Derbyshire was - not very.

A Marquee signing is fine so long as its in the right area. A star striker wouldnt be a bad thing at all. I doubt we'll spend more then £10m but that should get us enough to stave off a relegation scrap next season.

Not intending to rub anyone up the wrong way here... I'm all for dreaming and that but can we please stop talking about Robinho? It's just ridiculous. I think if we're going to talk "Marquee" signings then players the wrong side of 30 would be more realistic to discuss... Deep down, we all know this (Although, i really do home i'm wrong!). I wouldn't be suprised if the old chestnut Djibril Cisse popped up again.

Marquee signings E.g. Seedorf, Riquelme, Anelka, Owen...

Blackburn, Newcastle and Sunderland want Larsson on a free

1st news

Good signing in my opinion.

Rovers want Kaiserlautern striker Lakic

Rovers want Lakic

Never heard of this guy till now.

Small bio:

27 years old, croatian

Stats this year: 35 games, 23 goals, 4 assits

Overall stats: 129 games, 51 goals, 12 assits

Just found this

if it's true, this is really poor journalism.

he is a very good player but I think he will go to man u or liverpool.

I would rather go for David Vaughan instead. similar player to adam and alot of Blackpool fans say he has been just as good as adam. sign him up Kean!

All three of the Blackpool-supporting friends whose views I canvassed for my preview on here of their visit to Ewood spoke very highly of Vaughan, who won their "player of the year" award.

However, this My link is in tonight's Blackpool Gazette. It looks like we've missed the boat on this guy.

Quite like to see Nzogbia here. If Hoilett starts to play regularly 'in the hole' then someone like Nzogbia would do a great job out wide.

Id steer clear of any Blackpool players bar Adam. Dj Campbell did well in a team which was all out attack and was designed with only creative midfielders and strikers in mind. He isn't going to make a difference playing in a side which doesn't create as much. He'd be as effective as Derbyshire was - not very.

A Marquee signing is fine so long as its in the right area. A star striker wouldnt be a bad thing at all. I doubt we'll spend more then £10m but that should get us enough to stave off a relegation scrap next season.

I, too, would be very happy to see Nzogbia in blue and white halves. However I'm sure I've seen Martinez quoted as saying earlier this week that he'll only consider offers from Champions League-qualified teams for him.

As regards DJ Campbell, Darren Bent's the only English forward to have scored more than him this season and he would at least offer us some pace.

For me, it's quite simple.

To buy players like Adam, a big investment would have to be made and I think we have other problems to solve first.

Dj Campbell is not a priority either because what we need is a great striker, not another average one like the ones we already have.

Charlie Adam would be a marquee signing for us. He's only 25, takes an awesome free-kick and has the eye and guile for that eye of the needle pass in the final third that makes all the difference.If we are going to try to play attractive attacking football I can't think of a more suitable signing. His display at Old Trafford was phenomenal. At a loss as to why Rangers let him go for so little!

I suspect he's bound for bigger things, Liverpool perhaps, but we should definitely try for him.

dj campbell ? please noo ..1 good season and now people want us to buy him .like someone mentioned before he struggled in this league before ...he also couldnt get in leicesters team and thats why they sent him on loan to blackpool ...we really need to be looking better then him ...

Has Alan done a bunk?.Have been keeping out of the way while you have had your troubles.Thankfully you have survived. :tu:

I think we're going to need your inside info RP. The other bloke in the know became a bit of a hate figure for the hysterical conspiracy theorists and may well have thought "why the hell should I bother". Hope I'm wrong. (Cue the 'you love Nicko', 'why are you facinated with another man' lot jumping in :rolleyes: )

Keep the info coming Roberto :tu:

Palacios Speaking to Napoli & Stoke.

Any idea how much for a fee?

/

Larsson would be a rather underwhelming signing, dont rate him, dont see what he adds? Looks like MGP but not as good in the air, no thanks.

Any idea how much for a fee?

/

Larsson would be a rather underwhelming signing, dont rate him, dont see what he adds? Looks like MGP but not as good in the air, no thanks.

Fee about £8.5 million,Both those clubs have been very interested since last Summer.

Archived